OB warranty work
Old
  (#1)
lvlss42190
AzB Silver Member
lvlss42190 has a reputation beyond reputelvlss42190 has a reputation beyond reputelvlss42190 has a reputation beyond reputelvlss42190 has a reputation beyond reputelvlss42190 has a reputation beyond reputelvlss42190 has a reputation beyond reputelvlss42190 has a reputation beyond reputelvlss42190 has a reputation beyond reputelvlss42190 has a reputation beyond reputelvlss42190 has a reputation beyond reputelvlss42190 has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

OB warranty work - 07-21-2017, 09:15 AM

I've had the OB 130 for about 5 years now. Never had a problem until recently I noticed my shaft the original ob2 had a Crack running from the ferrule to about 4 inches back. I filled out the proper paperwork and sent it back to them in Plano texas. Within a week I had a return invoice stating that the shaft was indeed defective and that I was going to receive an OB2+ in return.
Fast forward 3 days and it is here. Have to change the tip back to what I like but that's a small price to pay considering I have a lathe and it could have cost me much more.

A+ for their customer service cannot speak highly enough for how they streamlined the process

Old
  (#2)
ddg45
AzB Bronze Member
ddg45 is on a distinguished road

08-13-2017, 10:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lvlss42190 View Post
I've had the OB 130 for about 5 years now. Never had a problem until recently I noticed my shaft the original ob2 had a Crack running from the ferrule to about 4 inches back. I filled out the proper paperwork and sent it back to them in Plano texas. Within a week I had a return invoice stating that the shaft was indeed defective and that I was going to receive an OB2+ in return.
Fast forward 3 days and it is here. Have to change the tip back to what I like but that's a small price to pay considering I have a lathe and it could have cost me much more.

A+ for their customer service cannot speak highly enough for how they streamlined the process
Good to hear about a company that stands behind their product and provides that kind of customer service. I have a recent question on this forum about this very topic, and about Joss having a less user friendly warranty than most other quality made-in-USA cues. I got some harsh comments from Joss users; some said the warranty doesn't matter, and I actually had to block one guy that got hostile and delete his comments, but this is exactly the kind of issue I was asking about. I'm glad OB took care of you.

Old
  (#3)
lvlss42190
AzB Silver Member
lvlss42190 has a reputation beyond reputelvlss42190 has a reputation beyond reputelvlss42190 has a reputation beyond reputelvlss42190 has a reputation beyond reputelvlss42190 has a reputation beyond reputelvlss42190 has a reputation beyond reputelvlss42190 has a reputation beyond reputelvlss42190 has a reputation beyond reputelvlss42190 has a reputation beyond reputelvlss42190 has a reputation beyond reputelvlss42190 has a reputation beyond repute

08-19-2017, 10:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddg45 View Post
Good to hear about a company that stands behind their product and provides that kind of customer service. I have a recent question on this forum about this very topic, and about Joss having a less user friendly warranty than most other quality made-in-USA cues. I got some harsh comments from Joss users; some said the warranty doesn't matter, and I actually had to block one guy that got hostile and delete his comments, but this is exactly the kind of issue I was asking about. I'm glad OB took care of you.
Yes I'm very happy with them. The only downside to the whole ordeal was that since I did not send the butt as well the new shaft wasn't made square to my existing joint. Which is a simple fix for me as I have a lathe to face the joint. They did offer to fix it but I figure for the 2 mins it takes me I wasn't going to send it back on a 5 day turn around for me not thinking ahead and sending the whole cue I stead of just the shaft

Once I faced the joint it was straight as an arrow together again.

Still Rate them A+. If you follow their directions on the website and prove the papers needed everything is arrows streamlined as can be.

Old
  (#4)
cuesblues
cue accumulator

cuesblues has a reputation beyond reputecuesblues has a reputation beyond reputecuesblues has a reputation beyond reputecuesblues has a reputation beyond reputecuesblues has a reputation beyond reputecuesblues has a reputation beyond reputecuesblues has a reputation beyond reputecuesblues has a reputation beyond reputecuesblues has a reputation beyond reputecuesblues has a reputation beyond reputecuesblues has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 2900

08-19-2017, 11:04 AM

Good to hear

player......Josswest, KMurrell, Dave Kikel, South West
breaker....Bruce Ryan
jumper.....Custom no named 8-point
shooter....Sig Sauer P226 357
cutter.......Spyderco-Massad Ayoob

Old
  (#5)
Chopdoc
AzB Silver Member
Chopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond repute

08-20-2017, 10:22 AM

Quote:
Yes I'm very happy with them. The only downside to the whole ordeal was that since I did not send the butt as well the new shaft wasn't made square to my existing joint. Which is a simple fix for me as I have a lathe to face the joint. They did offer to fix it but I figure for the 2 mins it takes me I wasn't going to send it back on a 5 day turn around for me not thinking ahead and sending the whole cue I stead of just the shaft

Once I faced the joint it was straight as an arrow together again.

Still Rate them A+. If you follow their directions on the website and prove the papers needed everything is arrows streamlined as can be.
A+? Good to hear.

Luckily you have a lathe and a skill to fix it.

So the OB joint pin and/or insert is off center?

Bury me with my JOSS....

"Chop Lock"
Member of the world famous Lock Society

Cases I made: http://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=258632

Old
  (#6)
Mcues
AzB Gold Member
Mcues has a reputation beyond reputeMcues has a reputation beyond reputeMcues has a reputation beyond reputeMcues has a reputation beyond reputeMcues has a reputation beyond reputeMcues has a reputation beyond reputeMcues has a reputation beyond reputeMcues has a reputation beyond reputeMcues has a reputation beyond reputeMcues has a reputation beyond reputeMcues has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700

08-20-2017, 12:06 PM

Sounds like a facing problem and nothing to do with insert straightness.

Mario

The trouble with communication is the illusion that it has taken place.
Mcues3@aol.com

Old
  (#7)
Chopdoc
AzB Silver Member
Chopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond repute

08-20-2017, 01:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mcues View Post
Sounds like a facing problem and nothing to do with insert straightness.

Mario
Indeed, you are right. I misread that.

Bury me with my JOSS....

"Chop Lock"
Member of the world famous Lock Society

Cases I made: http://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=258632

Old
  (#8)
2twoball
AzB Silver Member
2twoball has a reputation beyond repute2twoball has a reputation beyond repute2twoball has a reputation beyond repute2twoball has a reputation beyond repute2twoball has a reputation beyond repute2twoball has a reputation beyond repute2twoball has a reputation beyond repute2twoball has a reputation beyond repute2twoball has a reputation beyond repute2twoball has a reputation beyond repute2twoball has a reputation beyond repute

08-20-2017, 07:43 PM

Quote:

Great to hear, so that makes McDermott, Pechauer, and OB,,, that I know of. Might be more, hell if I know!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: