Go Back   AzBilliards.com > Products Talk > Cue Accessory reviews
Reload this Page Tip Burnishing Liquid, to use or not to use?

Share Thread Tools Rate Thread
Tip Burnishing Liquid, to use or not to use?
Old
  (#1)
BilliardGreg
Billiard Aficionado
BilliardGreg is on a distinguished road

vCash: 500

Tip Burnishing Liquid, to use or not to use? - 09-01-2017, 08:29 AM

So I know the majority of time you can use a piece of leather to burnish the sides of a tip, but I see there is other things like Porper Tip Touch and Tip Crystal to give it that shine and protect from mushrooming. Has anyone ever just used clear nail polish sparingly to accomplish the same thing?

I am becoming the go to person for Tip Replacement in my area and I want to try to go the extra mile. Any other suggestions are welcome.

Billiard Greg
Forever learning the art of pool.
https://www.BilliardGreg.com

Old
  (#2)
RickLafayette
AzB Silver Member

RickLafayette has a reputation beyond reputeRickLafayette has a reputation beyond reputeRickLafayette has a reputation beyond reputeRickLafayette has a reputation beyond reputeRickLafayette has a reputation beyond reputeRickLafayette has a reputation beyond reputeRickLafayette has a reputation beyond reputeRickLafayette has a reputation beyond reputeRickLafayette has a reputation beyond reputeRickLafayette has a reputation beyond reputeRickLafayette has a reputation beyond repute

09-01-2017, 09:58 AM

This may sound too simple but I get great results with shaft wax and a new dollar billed folded in half lengthwise.

Player: Schon H5 Hoppe Tribute (1 of 10 made)
Break Cue: BK3
other stuff

Old
  (#3)
beneath_the_sur
play 1cushion & balkline
beneath_the_sur has a reputation beyond reputebeneath_the_sur has a reputation beyond reputebeneath_the_sur has a reputation beyond reputebeneath_the_sur has a reputation beyond reputebeneath_the_sur has a reputation beyond reputebeneath_the_sur has a reputation beyond reputebeneath_the_sur has a reputation beyond reputebeneath_the_sur has a reputation beyond reputebeneath_the_sur has a reputation beyond reputebeneath_the_sur has a reputation beyond reputebeneath_the_sur has a reputation beyond repute

Thumbs up 09-01-2017, 06:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickLafayette View Post
This may sound too simple but I get great results with shaft wax and a new dollar billed folded in half lengthwise.
I will give that a shot
There's nothing wrong with keeping it simple
Stoopid

Old
  (#4)
HawaiianEye
AzB Silver Member
HawaiianEye has a reputation beyond reputeHawaiianEye has a reputation beyond reputeHawaiianEye has a reputation beyond reputeHawaiianEye has a reputation beyond reputeHawaiianEye has a reputation beyond reputeHawaiianEye has a reputation beyond reputeHawaiianEye has a reputation beyond reputeHawaiianEye has a reputation beyond reputeHawaiianEye has a reputation beyond reputeHawaiianEye has a reputation beyond reputeHawaiianEye has a reputation beyond repute

09-05-2017, 11:23 PM

First time I ever used a LePro, Jack Taylor showed me how he did his. He used black shoe polish on the sides and then burnished it with a piece of cardboard.

You have to be careful not to get it on your ferrule though. Back then a lot of the house cues had black ferrules so it didn't matter, but you don't want to get it into the pores on a white ferrule.

Old
  (#5)
Tony_in_MD
You want some of this?
Tony_in_MD has a reputation beyond reputeTony_in_MD has a reputation beyond reputeTony_in_MD has a reputation beyond reputeTony_in_MD has a reputation beyond reputeTony_in_MD has a reputation beyond reputeTony_in_MD has a reputation beyond reputeTony_in_MD has a reputation beyond reputeTony_in_MD has a reputation beyond reputeTony_in_MD has a reputation beyond reputeTony_in_MD has a reputation beyond reputeTony_in_MD has a reputation beyond repute

09-06-2017, 03:47 AM

Nothing simpler than saliva burnished on with the back of a piece of sandpaper.

Tony Marcino - PBIA Instructor
Member of the SPF family of instructors
443-624-0912

"High quality fundamentals beats all of the high quality concepts and esoteric executions ever created." -- Bert Kinister

Old
  (#6)
beneath_the_sur
play 1cushion & balkline
beneath_the_sur has a reputation beyond reputebeneath_the_sur has a reputation beyond reputebeneath_the_sur has a reputation beyond reputebeneath_the_sur has a reputation beyond reputebeneath_the_sur has a reputation beyond reputebeneath_the_sur has a reputation beyond reputebeneath_the_sur has a reputation beyond reputebeneath_the_sur has a reputation beyond reputebeneath_the_sur has a reputation beyond reputebeneath_the_sur has a reputation beyond reputebeneath_the_sur has a reputation beyond repute

09-06-2017, 01:50 PM

I did a fair job with the qwax I have and my t-shirt

Old
  (#7)
beneath_the_sur
play 1cushion & balkline

09-06-2017, 01:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony_in_MD View Post
Nothing simpler than saliva burnished on with the back of a piece of sandpaper.
But that's Just kinda gross if your not doing your own tips

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: