Mcdermott Star series
Old
  (#1)
LegitStick1234
AzB Silver Member
LegitStick1234 has a reputation beyond reputeLegitStick1234 has a reputation beyond reputeLegitStick1234 has a reputation beyond reputeLegitStick1234 has a reputation beyond reputeLegitStick1234 has a reputation beyond reputeLegitStick1234 has a reputation beyond reputeLegitStick1234 has a reputation beyond reputeLegitStick1234 has a reputation beyond reputeLegitStick1234 has a reputation beyond reputeLegitStick1234 has a reputation beyond reputeLegitStick1234 has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

Mcdermott Star series - 09-07-2017, 11:45 AM

Has anyone played with the Mcdermott star series? I am just looking for a cheaper cue for my home table. I have a Lucasi with a Tiger X ultra LD that I am using now. Just don't need such a nice stick for friends and family to knock around. So I am thinking of buying one of these Star series cues. Thoughts?

playing cue- Samsara with LD True shaft

break cue- Predator 5K2 with Samsara True Break shaft

Old
  (#2)
mchnhed
AzB Silver Mentalist
mchnhed has a reputation beyond reputemchnhed has a reputation beyond reputemchnhed has a reputation beyond reputemchnhed has a reputation beyond reputemchnhed has a reputation beyond reputemchnhed has a reputation beyond reputemchnhed has a reputation beyond reputemchnhed has a reputation beyond reputemchnhed has a reputation beyond reputemchnhed has a reputation beyond reputemchnhed has a reputation beyond repute

09-08-2017, 03:21 PM

The McDermott Star Line is a better cue than the Lucky Line.
Good solid cue.

The Players Cues are some of the best for the money.

Shoot Pool
Not People

Old
  (#3)
ddg45
AzB Bronze Member
ddg45 is on a distinguished road

09-22-2017, 11:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LegitStick1234 View Post
Has anyone played with the Mcdermott star series? I am just looking for a cheaper cue for my home table. I have a Lucasi with a Tiger X ultra LD that I am using now. Just don't need such a nice stick for friends and family to knock around. So I am thinking of buying one of these Star series cues. Thoughts?
If you really like the 3/8 10 wood joint Star is fine. If you do a search of the forums you'll see there seems to be a consensus that Players cues, as mchnhed said, are about as good as you'll find in a low cost cue and they offer a great variety from which to choose.
Good luck.

Playing cues: McDermott G225 and Pechauer JP02-N.
Both are better than I am but I fight the urge to buy more.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: