predator BK question

Dave38

theemperorhasnoclotheson
Silver Member
On the predator Original BK, does the ferrule need the carbon fiber pad? I have one in for a customer and it doesn't have one. It says 314 on the collar.
Thanks,
Dave

mrkdenton

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I've got a bk. With the 314 on the collar. And someone made it into a player. And it doesn't have carbon fiber on tip.

croscoe

Retired
Silver Member
Pads started on the 3 series. AKA V tech.
314/3, Z3 & Vantage.
As noted above someone slapped a playing shaft on it.

Michael Webb

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Which ferrule is on there? Open or closed. Open, definately use a pad. I don't think the original black pad was carbon fiber. They came squared with the phenolic tip already glued to it. The black pad was also thick. If I had to guess, I would say black phenolic rolled and molded, .100 thick and brown canvas tip.
Closed, only requires a pad if your breaking with it.
picture.php

Last edited:

Dave38

theemperorhasnoclotheson
Silver Member
Well, its a BK original, which is a breaker, and there is a white diamond on it now with out a pad of any sort. At this time, I am only cleaning it, so the tip will remain in place so therefore don't know if it's a capped or open ferrule. Thanks for the info guys.
Dave

italbomber

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If you are or want a pad I don't recommend a carbon fiber pad unless you want to invest in the special 2 part epoxy to glue it. Carbon fiber is not normal like delrin or wood to glue to. I have seen and experienced personally a few times early in my repairs that regular loctite gel was not cutting it and they eventually pop off. Upon talking to some cue makers I learned about 2 part epoxy that works well with carbon fiber. Good luck.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

GBCues

Damn, still .002 TIR!
Gold Member
Silver Member
If you are or want a pad I don't recommend a carbon fiber pad unless you want to invest in the special 2 part epoxy to glue it. Carbon fiber is not normal like delrin or wood to glue to. I have seen and experienced personally a few times early in my repairs that regular loctite gel was not cutting it and they eventually pop off. Upon talking to some cue makers I learned about 2 part epoxy that works well with carbon fiber. Good luck.

I have never had any problem using CA to glue tips and carbon fiber pads together. But I don't use Loctite gel. Almost nothing will glue Delrin, except a special glue.
My 2 cents,
Gary

RickLafayette

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Just in case y'all weren't aware: there's a difference between fiber pads and carbon fiber pads.

italbomber

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have never had any problem using CA to glue tips and carbon fiber pads together. But I don't use Loctite gel. Almost nothing will glue Delrin, except a special glue.
My 2 cents,
Gary
What are you using if I can ask?

Dave38

theemperorhasnoclotheson
Silver Member
I too have not had any problem with gluing carbon fiber pads just with Loctite, either gel or 401.
Dave