Cuemakers International 9 Ball Championship 2018

cueman

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Dear Fellow Cuemakers,
The Super Billiards Expo is coming up and we are slamming as usual trying to get ready. As you probably know we are having the Cuemakers Tournament for Charity to benefit the Galilean Childrens Home in Liberty, Kentucky this year. I know our contribution pales in comparison to what Charlie Daniels raises for them with his annual charity benefit concert, but I want us to do our part again this year. It is a great cause and gives us cuemakers something to do at the show/
Below is more information. If you want to play or just donate to the benefit and want to pay in person at the show, email me and let me know and give me your cell number if possible so I can call you for your match times.

Cuemakers International 9 Ball Championship 2018
Seventh Annual
Charity Benefit Tournament 2018

**Open to all active recognized Cuemakers.**

Charity Benefit Tournament
April 12th – 14th 2018

Greater Philadelphia Expo Center
Oaks, Pennsylvania
$50 Donation Entry Fee
Race to Seven
Single elimination
Express 9 Ball rules
Alternate breaks.
Rack your own.
9 ball does not count on break.

Races may be lowered to five with larger field.

All matches will be scheduled so those attending or exhibiting at the Expo will know what time to be there for the match. Tournament charts will be put up in booth #470 at the tournament location at 12pm. Thursday. The 1st round match should start by noon. Almost everyone should play once Thursday.

All entry fees and donations will go to benefit the Galilean Children’s Home.
They are located in Liberty, Kentucky and have provided help to thousands of disabled children from around the world over the last few decades.

There will be a nice trophy for the International 9 Ball Champion of Cuemakers and runner up. There will also be some cuemaking products given as prizes for the top places. But all those eliminated including even last place will still get some product samples as a concession prize. The smallest retail value concession prize will be over $30. Our sponsors so far are Cue Man Billiard Products, Dennis Dieckman, ICA, UltraSkin Tips, and Mad Man Tips.

**To qualify to play in this tournament you must be an active recognized Cuemaker. If you are currently building cues and are listed in the printed edition of the Blue Book of Pool Cues or are a Cuemaker member of the ACA or ICA you qualify. Many other cuemakers are qualified and will be considered on a case by case basis.**

This tournament is limited to the first 32 qualified Cuemakers who sign up.

Entry/donations need to be made out to the Galilean Children’s Home & mailed to
Chris Hightower 444 Flint Hill Road Aragon, GA 30104 USA
Contact Chris Hightower 770-684-7004 or cueman@cuesmith.com for more info.
Please let us know by phone or email that you are signing up and let us know if you plan to play or just donate. Last year several just donated and did not play which made the tournament chart a little mixed up.

If you are playing or not and want to make a donation to the Childrens Home directly just visit the link below and look at the right side of the page for a Paypal donation link. We would like to know who all sends a donation directly so we can see how much this event helped raise for the home. Just drop us a PM or email letting us know. If you are playing send me a copy of the paid receipt. You might want to make sure you are qualified to play before donating.
http://www.galileanhome.org/

Every year we had people donating more than their entry fee so we were very pleased with the final results for the first four years and hope to raise more this year. This is a great cause and a chance to have some fun, play some pool and win some great prizes.

God Bless and Happy Cue building!
Chris Hightower

Last edited: