Pink Ivory

manopr350

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
On a Wrapless cue with points, where would you use the pink ivory?
What other wood will complement such wood?
Would you Core it?

qbilder

slower than snails
Silver Member
I have used pink ivory pretty much every way in the butt of a cue & it does well every time. It's a cool wood. I can't say I have ever had issues with it warping, cracking, or anything of the sort. It is heavy so use it the way you'd use any heavy wood such as ebony, cocobolo, etc.

PRED

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
On a Wrapless cue with points, where would you use the pink ivory?
What other wood will complement such wood?
Would you Core it?

I would only use figured/curly PI. Handle/rings/points would look good in that configuration. It contrasts best with Ebony.
If you core one wood, why not all?

jokers_wild96

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I think the best wood that compliments pink ivory is jet black ebony. These are my bautista cues.

Attachments

• 20170214_162250.jpg
    20170214_162250.jpg
    192.5 KB · Views: 425
  • Cue against Wall.jpg
    Cue against Wall.jpg
    102.1 KB · Views: 427

Kim Bye

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Pretty and unique looking wood, but really heavy, I was surprised first time I picked up a piece, I had no idea it had the same weight as ebony. I think it`s one of those woods that`s best used sparingly and it works best with sharp contrasts like African Blackwood, ebony, Zircote or some pretty BEM.

Mcues

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This thread is making Pink Ivory into too much of a no problem wood. It takes a long time to air dry and by the time it does you'll be left with relatively short pieces. Just try finding a 30" square that is dry. Furthermore, if you push this wood; it will split or crack while turning in places you never thought it would. Today two cents :)

Mario

qbilder

slower than snails
Silver Member
Problem wood? Not in my experience. It cuts like plastic, literally smells like pink roses, and I have never had a piece warp or crack once I began working with it. Pretty kicka$$ wood IMO.