Stan shuffet and cte pro one

Status
Not open for further replies.

Valiant Thor

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Having met Stan several times,I can honestly say he is as honest and truthful as they come . When I retired several years ago and started to play pool seriously I could not make two balls in a row. I contacted Stan and took lessons twice.just could not make it work. Turns out I had a terrible stroke. After I got that fixed I started makeing balls like crazy . I play five nights a week,American legion, VFW, country club, and two bars in my town.i routinly win these tournaments so much so that if I win two weeks in a row I have to set out a week. I am 65 years old and play better pool than most all of the other guys who have been playing 20 or more years. ( I have been playing for 6 yr) . I think the way Stan has been attacked is a crying shame. The half dozen people who continue to hate on him should be ashamed of themselves . These people are what is wrong with society today.

Ralph Kramden

BOOM!.. ZOOM!.. MOON!
Silver Member
Having met Stan several times,I can honestly say he is as honest and truthful as they come . When I retired several years ago and started to play pool seriously I could not make two balls in a row. I contacted Stan and took lessons twice.just could not make it work. Turns out I had a terrible stroke. After I got that fixed I started makeing balls like crazy . I play five nights a week,American legion, VFW, country club, and two bars in my town.i routinly win these tournaments so much so that if I win two weeks in a row I have to set out a week. I am 65 years old and play better pool than most all of the other guys who have been playing 20 or more years. ( I have been playing for 6 yr) . I think the way Stan has been attacked is a crying shame. The half dozen people who continue to hate on him should be ashamed of themselves . These people are what is wrong with society today.

I think many folks that have a terrible stroke either don't know or they don't care.
Without a good and repeatable stroke all aiming systems are basically useless.
I'm glad you found the problem and got it fixed. Some folks may never fix theirs.

Mkindsv

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Stan has brought a lot of that on himself by being either unwilling or unable to answer simple questions about his system. Also his visceral reactions to any questions or comments, to include name-calling and straight up temper tantrum style retorts were and are not helpful to his cause.

I was actually considering ordering some of his stuff, until I saw how he treated people on this forum...he's like the Donald Trump of pool video sales...maybe he is the best there ever was, but his treatment of people that simply have questions was appalling.

I still may buy his book, if only because those that have personal experiences with him say things such as you have, and I know the internet can be a pretty cruel place...especially if you have no tact whatsoever. Just wish the guy was nicer in situations where people are authentically asking meaningful questions about his system, that would make the decision much easier.

Neil

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Stan has brought a lot of that on himself by being either unwilling or unable to answer simple questions about his system. Also his visceral reactions to any questions or comments, to include name-calling and straight up temper tantrum style retorts were and are not helpful to his cause.

I was actually considering ordering some of his stuff, until I saw how he treated people on this forum...he's like the Donald Trump of pool video sales...maybe he is the best there ever was, but his treatment of people that simply have questions was appalling.

I still may buy his book, if only because those that have personal experiences with him say things such as you have, and I know the internet can be a pretty cruel place...especially if you have no tact whatsoever. Just wish the guy was nicer in situations where people are authentically asking meaningful questions about his system, that would make the decision much easier.

You have people calling you charlatan, liar, snake oil salesman, con man, ect. for years and years, and then see if you don't eventually get a little short with them.

Renegade_56

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

That's about as unfair an assessment of Stan as I've ever seen. I have never seen anyone support their product more than Stan does with Pro 1. Endless hours in private messages explaining things,( I know he does this because he did it with me), all the free videos he has done and all the time spent here on this site trying to explain how to use it. Tell me anyone else that would have done that. Does he get frustrated with people picking it to death, of course, who wouldn't. You mention Donald Trump,,,, well look at the onslaught he and his family face every single day from the left wing media, hell, even some of the right as well. This is the same kind of thing Stan constantly gets, from what we could call the left wing pool players. I mean honestly, those guys have rode Stan to death on HOW, or WHY this works or that works,,,,,,,, well guess what, he never ever bargained or promised the illustrated parts breakdown or blueprint for Pro 1, just sells a system that actually does work IF people do it the way he says, and goes to great lengths to help them, whether they have bought it or not, but these left wingnuts don't try that, instead they say it's not objective or doesn't make sense to them or whatever excuse, but in reality all he says is the system works when used correctly, and it does. He finally has quit coming on here to defend it and even that isn't good enough, the same 4 or 5 guys keep right on hammering away. Stan is a much better man than I am for taking what he has.

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
That's about as unfair an assessment of Stan as I've ever seen. I have never seen anyone support their product more than Stan does with Pro 1. Endless hours in private messages explaining things,( I know he does this because he did it with me), all the free videos he has done and all the time spent here on this site trying to explain how to use it. Tell me anyone else that would have done that. Does he get frustrated with people picking it to death, of course, who wouldn't. You mention Donald Trump,,,, well look at the onslaught he and his family face every single day from the left wing media, hell, even some of the right as well. This is the same kind of thing Stan constantly gets, from what we could call the left wing pool players. I mean honestly, those guys have rode Stan to death on HOW, or WHY this works or that works,,,,,,,, well guess what, he never ever bargained or promised the illustrated parts breakdown or blueprint for Pro 1, just sells a system that actually does work IF people do it the way he says, and goes to great lengths to help them, whether they have bought it or not, but these left wingnuts don't try that, instead they say it's not objective or doesn't make sense to them or whatever excuse, but in reality all he says is the system works when used correctly, and it does. He finally has quit coming on here to defend it and even that isn't good enough, the same 4 or 5 guys keep right on hammering away. Stan is a much better man than I am for taking what he has.

Baloney.

If you have a "system" to sell here you should be able to explain it, particularly after you've marketed *two* lengthy "stand alone" DVDs (that weren't) that you're now amending with a book.

If you are an instructor of any quality you should be able to calmly and rationally explain your "system" without blaming the student. Instead, all one ever hears around here is that: you don't know it; it's been explained before; you haven't worked with it long enough; you haven't committed to it; you haven't sold your first born for it.

When serious questions are raised he gets all defensive, mouthy, insulting, and finally runs. It's a joke.

Lou Figueroa

anbukev

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Baloney.

If you have a "system" to sell here you should be able to explain it, particularly after you've marketed *two* lengthy "stand alone" DVDs (that weren't) that you're now amending with a book.

If you are an instructor of any quality you should be able to calmly and rationally explain your "system" without blaming the student. Instead, all one ever hears around here is that: you don't know it; it's been explained before; you haven't worked with it long enough; you haven't committed to it; you haven't sold your first born for it.

When serious questions are raised he gets all defensive, mouthy, insulting, and finally runs. It's a joke.

Lou Figueroa

I have both his DVDs and watched all his videos on YouTube. I'm glad these guys are questioning his claims because I too want to hear his explanation. Stan has repeatedly put other aiming systems down claiming his system is the PROFESSIONAL system. No one can claim that one is better than the other. There are hybrids of systems that people use. And now one of his latest videos says CTE Trumps CIT making it seem like only his system overcomes CIT. Any system can ADJUST for CIT especially if you know the MATH. This is why I always refer back to Dr. Dave's website because he explains the how and why. For example in this case:

http://billiards.colostate.edu/threads/throw.html

I'm just a pool player trying to learn new things and that is why I frequent these forums looking for little gold nuggets of information. I figured I'd give my two cents about this subject.

BC21

https://www.playpoolbetter.com
Gold Member
Silver Member
I have both his DVDs and watched all his videos on YouTube. I'm glad these guys are questioning his claims because I too want to hear his explanation. Stan has repeatedly put other aiming systems down claiming his system is the PROFESSIONAL system. No one can claim that one is better than the other. There are hybrids of systems that people use. And now one of his latest videos says CTE Trumps CIT making it seem like only his system overcomes CIT. Any system can ADJUST for CIT especially if you know the MATH. This is why I always refer back to Dr. Dave's website because he explains the how and why. For example in this case:

I'm just a pool player trying to learn new things and that is why I frequent these forums looking for little gold nuggets of information. I figured I'd give my two cents about this subject.

Nice 2 cents! Very well put.:thumbup:

Neil

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

How interesting..... you complain about false claims he makes by making one yourself and then blaming Stan for it. Stan never said or implied that his system was the only one. You added that yourself and then had the audacity to blame him for it.

And if you think that one can't claim one system as better over another, you surely don't know very many systems.

Renegade_56

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Baloney.

Lou Figueroa

So when you buy a car do you require a statement of how it was made?

You guys just can't stand the fact that Stan can do something that none of you can do. Honestly, many of the questions asked are unreasonable and irrelevent. If you don't like the system just ignore it.

Last edited:

Mkindsv

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Unfair or not, it Is how he has presented HIMSELF since I started coming to this site. I am not one to go by the formed impressions of another person. I know arrogance, condescension, anger and impatience as well as the next guy. Like I said, he may be a great dude, but he does not comport himself in that manner on these forums

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
So when you buy a car do you require a statement of how it was made?

You guys just can't stand the fact that Stan can do something that none of you can do. Honestly, many of the questions asked are unreasonable and irrelevent. If you don't like the system just ignore it.

That analogy makes no sense.

And you are waaaay off base thinking I care a wit about what Stan can do. What I am interested in is what's being taught and claimed and whether it is fundamentally sound. I am not interested in mumbo jumbo.

Lou Figueroa

Valiant Thor

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Trust me it works very well,I just did what Stan told me with an open mind . I can't teach it but but I sure can use it. The most difficult people to teach are the ones who think they all reddy know or refuse to be open minded.at some point you will say ah ah now I see.

BC21

https://www.playpoolbetter.com
Gold Member
Silver Member
Trust me it works very well,I just did what Stan told me with an open mind . I can't teach it but but I sure can use it. The most difficult people to teach are the ones who think they all reddy know or refuse to be open minded.at some point you will say ah ah now I see.

I think a lot of times it's not close-mindedness or know-it-all attitudes. It's just how some brains are wired. Some people just need more concrete data than others to justify reprogramming or making any changes to how their brain learns and adapts to new info.

emccune

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Unfair or not, it Is how he has presented HIMSELF since I started coming to this site. I am not one to go by the formed impressions of another person. I know arrogance, condescension, anger and impatience as well as the next guy. Like I said, he may be a great dude, but he does not comport himself in that manner on these forums
I have to admit I find Stan and some of his followers to be very angry and defensive about what seems to be pretty polite questions about the validity of his claims. I really have no dog in this fight and have actually tried to make this cte stuff work many times dating back to the Hal Houle days on RSB over 10 years ago. I have never found it to work for me and in fact all the sweeps and visualizations just distract me from my focus but they do seem to work for many, including many people from the old RSB that I respected a lot.

Stan in particular almost seems to troll certain other individuals to get them to say something he can construe as negative. I don't get that and it definitely makes it harder for me to sympathize with him or his ardent supporters.

Ed

Low500

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have to admit I find Stan and some of his followers to be very angry and defensive about what seems to be pretty polite questions about the validity of his claims. I really have no dog in this fight and have actually tried to make this cte stuff work many times dating back to the Hal Houle days on RSB over 10 years ago. I have never found it to work for me and in fact all the sweeps and visualizations just distract me from my focus but they do seem to work for many, including many people from the old RSB that I respected a lot.
Stan in particular almost seems to troll certain other individuals to get them to say something he can construe as negative. I don't get that and it definitely makes it harder for me to sympathize with him or his ardent supporters.
Ed
He does not post here anymore so you will not be annoyed again.
I am a friend of his. He is busy with his work.
:thumbup:

cookie man

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Bullshit. NO ONE has more free stuff about aiming systems out there then Stan. His attitude towards haters and trolls is justified.

cookie man

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Baloney.

Lou Figueroa

You are the JOKE. Everything is out there concerning CTE. The ones on here starting shit are the exact ones that admit they have no interest in working on CTE or learning it. Yet they are allowed to come on here and bad mouth it and start shit. What lonely lives they must lead.

cookie man

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

You are a newby. If you knew the whole story of how he has been treated by the haters you would sing a different tune

cookie man

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
That analogy makes no sense.

And you are waaaay off base thinking I care a wit about what Stan can do. What I am interested in is what's being taught and claimed and whether it is fundamentally sound. I am not interested in mumbo jumbo.

Lou Figueroa

If you are that interested then learn it completely and prove it. Otherwise you just said a great big LIE.

Status
Not open for further replies.