wth ? have i got a target on my back or sumpthin ?

lorider

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
First the back story. I was at apa league Sunday night and a former team mate came in talking smack and wanted to gamble with me. Made a thread a few days ago about it titled ...got talked into gambling.

Now on to what this thread is about . I went to apa league last night and and had another guy come up to me wanting to gamble playing 8 ball for a 100.00. Same as the guy did Sunday last Sunday night. I accepted and won Sunday night but turned this guy down last night.

Its been said on here numerous times that apa players will not bet water is wet. Well I know several that gamble and some do it weekly.

In my 8 years of playing apa i have never had any apa player come up and ask me to gamble and now I have had 2 different guys call me out this week. I have never played the guy before that I gambled with Sunday.

I have played 9 ball in league several times and its probably about 50/50 between us. He is a 7 and I am a 5. I have never played him 8 ball and dint know what his handicap is.

I am just puzzled that 2 guys called me out this week. Because I never go around asking to gamble and have never talked smack to them like they have me this week.
I don't think the one that challenged me last night knows about me matching up Sunday night....if he did he did not mention it so I dont know why he said he wanted to see just how good I was. Like I said...its just puzzling.

cubswin

Just call me Joe...
Silver Member
First the back story. I was at apa league Sunday night and a former team mate came in talking smack and wanted to gamble with me. Made a thread a few days ago about it titled ...got talked into gambling.

Now on to what this thread is about . I went to apa league last night and and had another guy come up to me wanting to gamble playing 8 ball for a 100.00. Same as the guy did Sunday last Sunday night. I accepted and won Sunday night but turned this guy down last night.

Its been said on here numerous times that apa players will not bet water is wet. Well I know several that gamble and some do it weekly.

In my 8 years of playing apa i have never had any apa player come up and ask me to gamble and now I have had 2 different guys call me out this week. I have never played the guy before that I gambled with Sunday.

I have played 9 ball in league several times and its probably about 50/50 between us. He is a 7 and I am a 5. I have never played him 8 ball and dint know what his handicap is.

I am just puzzled that 2 guys called me out this week. Because I never go around asking to gamble and have never talked smack to them like they have me this week.
I don't think the one that challenged me last night knows about me matching up Sunday night....if he did he did not mention it so I dont know why he said he wanted to see just how good I was. Like I said...its just puzzling.

I was about to ask you to gamble, and we don't even live close to each other.

RiverCity

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Nobody that isn't a national master has any business gambling.

giphy.gif

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Whadda wanna do fer a fewwwwe?!

You just opened your world up to a whole new set of players. Play who you want, how you want and enjoy it.

You might even get paid to play.

realkingcobra

Silver Member

"Good" has different meanings to a pool , 1 are you GOOD enough to win some money, 2 are you GOOD to lose some more if you get beat.

babyboy70363

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You're peers will cheer you on until you surpass the level THEY thought you should achieve......once you surpass that level, they become haters!

If they come barking, make them give up some weight, then take em to school! Now you're playing with their money!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

cscott67

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The gamble......

Its NEVER about who the better player is. Its ALWAYS about the match-up/negotiations!!!!! Money won is twice as sweet as money earned.... :eek:)

Doc