NEW or OLD BRUNSWICK

rdwell

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
In my journey for an antique Brunswick table conversations have come up about newer high end tables like the Brunswick Royal Knight and others in Brunswick's 2000-2002 run of fancier tables which appears to have been short lived. Also coming up are the tables built by Charles Porter from the 80's before the son's took over the company. How does the build quality and play compare to tables built back in the early 1900's by Brunswick. I hope I have described the question so that it isn't a ford/chevy conversation. Thanks.

realkingcobra

Silver Member
In my journey for an antique Brunswick table conversations have come up about newer high end tables like the Brunswick Royal Knight and others in Brunswick's 2000-2002 run of fancier tables which appears to have been short lived. Also coming up are the tables built by Charles Porter from the 80's before the son's took over the company. How does the build quality and play compare to tables built back in the early 1900's by Brunswick. I hope I have described the question so that it isn't a ford/chevy conversation. Thanks.
The antique T-rail bolt system was replaced using vertical bolts to mount the rails for a very good reason....because it's a better system.

rdwell

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
table

Thanks for the reply, I figured that would be a likely answer, but I had to ask.
Randy

rdwell

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Has anyone played on the new reproduction centennial table? If so what do you think.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Has anyone played on the new reproduction centennial table? If so what do you think.
All i know is that it looks great and only comes with standard size(big) pockets. Not sure its worth what they're asking for one but it is pretty.

TrxR

I believe they are made in China now. That's one thing steering me away from the new Gold Crowns.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I believe they are made in China now. That's one thing steering me away from the new Gold Crowns.
They've been made overseas since '76. Basically the GC2 was last American-made version. Everything since has been sub-assemblies made outside and put together here. They did have enough US-content to get past the laws. Stuff like pocket trim, gullies, etc. were often made here but not much else. My favorite is the GC4 and not much of it was US-sourced.

realkingcobra

Silver Member
All i know is that it looks great and only comes with standard size(big) pockets. Not sure its worth what they're asking for one but it is pretty.
Need to see the frame the slate sits on, that tells the whole story about the build of the table and if its worth it or not.