UMB/Kozoom developments

KissedOut

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Some pretty cool things coming out of the contract between the UMB and Kozoom. A Ryder Cup type match between Europe and Asia with one match table and continuous play. And a series of 3 (?) tournaments with a new format in which the match lasts 20 innings, and in each inning both players start with the same ball position, pre-selected by computer and using technology to position the balls. Players with a defensive style won't like this.

It seems as if a lot of the energy (and money) for these developments is coming from Korea, which is fast becoming the #1 3C nation in the world. I just hope these new events are open to the public.

http://www.kozoom.com/en/billiard-carom/news/bright-future-is-coming-up-for-3-cushion.html

mr3cushion

Regestered User
Silver Member
Some pretty cool things coming out of the contract between the UMB and Kozoom. A Ryder Cup type match between Europe and Asia with one match table and continuous play. And a series of 3 (?) tournaments with a new format in which the match lasts 20 innings, and in each inning both players start with the same ball position, pre-selected by computer and using technology to position the balls. Players with a defensive style won't like this.

It seems as if a lot of the energy (and money) for these developments is coming from Korea, which is fast becoming the #1 3C nation in the world. I just hope these new events are open to the public.

http://www.kozoom.com/en/billiard-carom/news/bright-future-is-coming-up-for-3-cushion.html

This EXACTLY why I wrote my Book/DVD, "The Concise Book of Position Play!" All well knowing since 1983 this was the total future of 3 cushion! And believe me, I was a pretty good defensive player back in the day of that style of play!

All sports, games have an evolution, whether it be due to equipment, knowledge, or natural super talents coming along. the combination of all will always produce these super stars, R. Ceulemans was the first, then Caudron and Blomdahl! Now with the 'Asian Invasion,' time has come, by the mere vast number of players, the odds are in their favor!

Got off track a little, but, that's what happens when age starts show!