Here is a neat little device

Status
Not open for further replies.

cookie man

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I think its great whenever someone thinks outside the box and tries something unconventional. Sometimes you have to ignore everybody who tells you why you shouldn't do something, and just try it! This game is not just all about how many balls you can run. It is also about the fun in leaning new things along the way.

Thanks for sharing your experience.

"outside the box' "unconventional" "learning new things"
" ignore everybody who tells you why you shouldn't do something"

LMAO Nice advice. Happy Easter

Dan White

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
"outside the box' "unconventional" "learning new things"
" ignore everybody who tells you why you shouldn't do something"

LMAO Nice advice. Happy Easter

Thanks. That kind of thinking is what prompted me to call Hal Houle 20 years ago. However, it is possible to be open minded while at the same time not be gullible, for some of us anyway.

Happy Easter to you as well.

cookie man

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks. That kind of thinking is what prompted me to call Hal Houle 20 years ago. However, it is possible to be open minded while at the same time not be gullible, for some of us anyway.

Hal Houle was a genius. Did any of it rub off on you?

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Hal called me out of the blue one day, 20 some odd years ago (back when we all had land lines and listed numbers).

He started off by asking if I was anywhere near a table and I told him no. That didn't stop him from launching into a description of his system. I listen for a while but it became obvious to me that he has calling from a very deep rabbit hole I was not willing to go down. Eventually he ran out of gas and the conversation ended. Nice guy. It's shame he didn't share with us all more about his time traveling with Greenleaf. That would have been some interesting stuff.

Lou Figueroa

Dan White

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It's shame he didn't share with us all more about his time traveling with Greenleaf. That would have been some interesting stuff.

Lou Figueroa

Agreed. His Greenleaf stories were interesting. I'm still not quite sure what Hal was a genius of, though. cookie seems to want to get into another argument as he is baiting again.

cookie man

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Agreed. His Greenleaf stories were interesting. I'm still not quite sure what Hal was a genius of, though. cookie seems to want to get into another argument as he is baiting again.

Baiting lol.. Hal was a genius with pool and aiming systems. You said you called him, just wondering if any of his aiming genius rubbed off on you. Did you dismiss everything after the phone call, like Lou's supposed phone call when he dismissed everything.

PS Hal is on record as to never calling Lou.. He was running around with Greenleaf, why call Lou.

Patrick Johnson

Fish of the Day
Silver Member
Hal called me out of the blue one day, 20 some odd years ago (back when we all had land lines and listed numbers).

He started off by asking if I was anywhere near a table and I told him no. That didn't stop him from launching into a description of his system. I listen for a while but it became obvious to me that he has calling from a very deep rabbit hole I was not willing to go down. Eventually he ran out of gas and the conversation ended. Nice guy. It's shame he didn't share with us all more about his time traveling with Greenleaf. That would have been some interesting stuff.

Lou Figueroa
lol

Same thing happened to me, about the same 20+ years ago.

Very nice guy, like you said, and I hear he played well. But his aiming ideas had lots of... um... "alternative facts". His legacy in that department lives on.

pj
chgo

cookie man

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
lol

Same thing happened to me, about the same 20+ years ago.

Very nice guy, like you said, and I hear he played well. But his aiming ideas had lots of... um... "alternative facts". His legacy in that department lives on.

pj
chgo

Hal may have called you back after you called him. After all his number was well published on all the pool forum sites

Patrick Johnson

Fish of the Day
Silver Member
Hal may have called you back after you called him. After all his number was well published on all the pool forum sites
Nope. Why does the idea that he called me (or Lou) bother you so much?

I give him credit for calling those who questioned his teachings to try to make us understand. I think it means he believed what he was teaching - I believe that about Stan too (although Stan has never called me).

pj
chgo

Patrick Johnson

Fish of the Day
Silver Member
He had the line on you, wasn't going to give you the good stuff
You mean like this "good stuff"?

pj
chgo

"The term numerologist can be used for those who place faith in numerical patterns and draw pseudo-scientific inferences from them"

View attachment 88880

Attachments

• Hal.JPG
    Hal.JPG
    129.6 KB · Views: 139
Last edited:

cookie man

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Nope. Why does the idea that he called me (or Lou) bother you so much?

I give him credit for calling those who questioned his teachings to try to make us understand. I think it means he believed what he was teaching - I believe that about Stan too (although Stan has never called me).

pj
chgo

Where in the world would Hal get your number and why exactly would he bother with someone that didn't want to learn

cookie man

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You mean like this "good stuff"?

pj
chgo

"The term numerologist can be used for those who place faith in numerical patterns and draw pseudo-scientific inferences from them"

View attachment 88880

Don't worry PJ. Hal gave the good stuff to Stan and Stan is putting it all out there in his "Truth Series". Rumor is even you will be able to understand it completely if you try even a little bit.

Patrick Johnson

Fish of the Day
Silver Member
Where in the world would Hal get your number and why exactly would he bother with someone that didn't want to learn
I didn't ask him either of those questions - like Lou, I just tried to insert "uh huh" at the appropriate places. He was very nice about it, but that doesn't mean any of it made sense.

Does the idea that he called us make you jealous, or what?

pj
chgo

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I didn't ask him either of those questions - like Lou, I just tried to insert "uh huh" at the appropriate places. He was very nice about it, but that doesn't mean any of it made sense.

Does the idea that he called us make you jealous, or what?

pj
chgo

I had a listed phone number for years and years and lots of people on RSB and ASP had my phone number. Also, back in the "old days," you could just call 411, tell them what city, and they'd look up the number and give it to you.

Hal called me after there had been a few discussions about his system on RSB. I wasn't a believer (then as now) and I guess he thought he could illuminate if not persuade me. I'm pretty sure I wrote about his call way back then and other times since.

Lou Figueroa

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.