Pre Flag Master Color Tones....

rbpwrd240

Sponsored Player
Silver Member
I noticed my pre flag master collection has two different colors. I use the blue chalk and one has a lighter brighter blue and one has a darker more of a greenish tone. I was trying to figure out which is the older mixture of the two. Both are pre flag master.

Any input....

Thanks.

rbpwrd240

Sponsored Player
Silver Member
Okay how about if one has the zip code and one doesn't but both have the ILL abbreviation. Any input on which is the older stuff.

Scott Lee

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The darker blue is much more valuable. It was soaked in Efren's urine for 3 days (so it's impregnated with his DNA!) :eek: :lol:

For the 10,000th time, THERE'S NO DIFFERENCE IN PRE-FLAG AND POST-FLAG MASTER CHALK! That comes right from the horse's mouth, Skip Nemencek, Owner of Tweeten, who makes Master and other chalks.

Scott Lee
http://poolknowledge.com

Okay how about if one has the zip code and one doesn't but both have the ILL abbreviation. Any input on which is the older stuff.

rbpwrd240

Sponsored Player
Silver Member
Well I wonder if they would ever agree that they changed anything even though many have proved that certain colors did have lead mostly the green and read. If I was tweeten I wouldnt want to admit this either for fear of legal action. If your holding the chalk in your hand its easy to see that there is a difference.

However this thread is NOT about if they changed or if its better. I have already made up my mind there....

This thread is about the time period for the different color tones or labeling again not if its better or not but what time periods each is from, thank you for your opinion.

Poolplaya9

Tellin' it like it is...
Silver Member
Well I wonder if they would ever agree that they changed anything even though many have proved that certain colors did have lead mostly the green and read.

Wait, has anybody actually proven that there is a difference in effectiveness between colors outside of anecdotal evidence? I know many believe that there is (myself included) but I seem to recall Tweeten saying that the colors are identical except for the color pigment which would have no effect whatsoever and don't recall seeing where anyone has proven otherwise. If someone has can you point me towards the info? Thanks.

Cornerman

Cue Author...Sometimes
Gold Member
Silver Member
Well I wonder if they would ever agree that they changed anything even though many have proved that certain colors did have lead mostly the green and read. If I was tweeten I wouldnt want to admit this either for fear of legal action. If your holding the chalk in your hand its easy to see that there is a difference.

However this thread is NOT about if they changed or if its better. I have already made up my mind there....

This thread is about the time period for the different color tones or labeling again not if its better or not but what time periods each is from, thank you for your opinion.

They already answered the lead question 1000 times as well. They absolutely changed the pigments of the two or three colors that would have had lead in them in the 70's, just like all of the pigment industry did when the EPA reported on lead poisoning. Masters Blue and Green WERE NOT EITHER OF ThOSE.

Only certain white, yellow and red pigments had lead in the pigment industry. There were other pigments that could do these colors that didn't have lead. So it's unclear which color chalks of these three (and only these three) would have had lead at any time. Yellow and red are the most likely. I don't know if Tweeten ever made a white chalk.

Why make things up? There is no hidden agenda. And there certainly wouldn't be a threat if a lawsuit.

And for the unasked question, green pigment are standalone pigments, none of which have lead.

Freddie <~~~ so tired

Last edited:

alstl

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I just want to know one thing. Can I continue to use it as an excuse for missing balls?

rbpwrd240

Sponsored Player
Silver Member
LOL, No need to make things up....

If you search on here there is a link to a third party test that showed all colors had some lead. Since it was done by weight most including blue were above the current epa standards of 100ppm. Notice the measurement was by kilogram not by piece of chalk or PPM as the current standards are rated.

Green WAS one of the chalk colors that had crazy amounts of lead as was red. The other one everyone noticed was pioneer tangerine.

The info has been posted on AZ many times. Just search it up.

Okay here.....

TABLE 1. Chalk Samples Tested by Good Samaritan Regional
Medical Center

Legend for chart:

A - Brand
B - Color
C - Lead, mg/kg (ppm)

A B C

Crest Blue 30
Imperial Green 20
Master Blue <20
Master Green 7600
Master Green 8000
NTC Black <20
NTC Blue <20
NTC Blue <20
NTC Brown <20
NTC Green 20
NTC Gray <20
NTC Red <20
NTC Tangerine <20
Pioneer Green 7040
ProClassic Blue 20
Silver Cup Blue <20
Sportscraft Blue <20
Superior Gray 20
Superior Tangerine 20
Triangle Brown 20
Triangle Tangerine 30

TABLE 2. Chalk Samples Tested by Mecklenburg County Health
Department

Legend for chart:

A - Brand
B - Color
C - No. of Samples
D - Lead, mg/kg (ppm)
E - Range, mg/kg (ppm)

A B C D E

Master Green 8 6833 6200-7330
Master Red 8 9 4-15
NTC Green 2 2.5 2-3
NTC Red 2 1.5 1-2
Pioneer Blue 6 18 17-23
Pioneer Green 8 8059 6830-9630
Pioneer Tangerine 6 9952 8250-14080

Now that we are past this can we get back on topic......

What is older with the zip code or without....

rbpwrd240

Sponsored Player
Silver Member
guess it was pioneer green not tangerine....

Also if there is lead in the pigment that means its in the chalk.

As for not needing this mud you were the one who went off topic im not trying to start a debate about what is and isnt changed. I only want time frames for wrappers. Very simple until you get a bunch of pool players together who all are convinced its one thing and not the other. Happy to see you not want mud in your eye. I think thats how it should be so anyone have a comment on time frame for the wrappers. My bet is that those who know dont want to say....

And as for tweetens word, My bet would be they dont want this info out there. since it goes against what they have already put out there time and time again....

Cornerman

Cue Author...Sometimes
Gold Member
Silver Member
guess it was pioneer green not tangerine....

Also if there is lead in the pigment that means its in the chalk.

As for not needing this mud you were the one who went off topic im not trying to start a debate about what is and isnt changed. I only want time frames for wrappers. Very simple until you get a bunch of pool players together who all are convinced its one thing and not the other. Happy to see you not want mud in your eye. I think thats how it should be so anyone have a comment on time frame for the wrappers. My bet is that those who know dont want to say....

And as for tweetens word, My bet would be they dont want this info out there. since it goes against what they have already put out there time and time again....
How about you just call Tweeten Fibre Company yourself before you find yourself in the middle of a lawsuit? You can first ask them about wrap timing, and then ask about lead in their chalk.

But, you wouldn't believe them since you're all conspiracy theory based on BS "data."

Anyone can actually do testing on their real product. Anyone can do testing on counterfeits as well. But, you'd have to know something about the EPA and chemistry. That doesn't sound like you.

Good news is that Skip Nemecek is a hell of a nice guy, open to answer anyone's questions. Do it. Report here. Have a nice day. I hope you get all your answers. Good luck.

poolguy4u

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
:scratchhead:

I don't know of any dates or years, but my piece with the zip code is a lighter blue.

My oldest pre-flag blue chalk----a smaller diameter tool was used to put the hole on top.

Of course not all chalk is created equal. I can buy a box of new chalk and some pieces will go on smooth and some will feel like they are more gritty. LOL, kind of like a box of Le-Pro tips.

HawaiianEye

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
:scratchhead:

I don't know of any dates or years, but my piece with the zip code is a lighter blue.

My oldest pre-flag blue chalk----a smaller diameter tool was used to put the hole on top.

Of course not all chalk is created equal. I can buy a box of new chalk and some pieces will go on smooth and some will feel like they are more gritty. LOL, kind of like a box of Le-Pro tips.

I know what you mean about smooth and gritty chalk.

I experience the same thing with every brand I get. Even the ones that are supposedly the best.

rbpwrd240

Sponsored Player
Silver Member
Okay cornerman hope your rant is over. I have no dog in your fight. Im asking a totally different question then your arguing. Obviously not important to you.... I gave you the facts if you dont like it thats not my problem. As for taking a dig at me not liking science I guess using the ppm in Kg is kinda high school stuff maybe you would rather argue quantum physics, limits or imaginary numbers since you think my facts are imaginary....:wink:

On topic, yes I agree the older stuff is the one with zip code and the lighter blue. It has been said that the formula changed once in the 70's and again in the late 90's. I believe its even possible that some of the pre flag is still the newest generation after the formula change in the late 90's which is the same as now.

Its also funny that tweeten makes blue diamond and has refused to say it if has lead in it but many consider it to be the same formula as the old master chalk not sure which generation though.

I also know a few other ways to date the boxes and wrappers. The lighter pink stuff seems to be from the earlier time periods and along the way there was some logo changes but Im not sure when that happened. Same logo with just slight variations.

poolhustler

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Its also funny that tweeten makes blue diamond and has refused to say it if has lead in it but many consider it to be the same formula as the old master chalk not sure which generation though.

I don't know about all that other stuff, but I would bet all my $$ that no manufacturer would allow any amount of lead in their product nowadays.

KRJ

Support UKRAINE
Silver Member

OK, you find out it funny that Tweeten makes Blue Diamond? Well, they don't make blue diamond, so get at least some facts straight before you come on her bashing Tweeten. How can they "refuse" to comment on lead content in BD when they don't make it? Plus, BD does not use lead in their chalk either.

This internet rumor shit is getting ridiculous. Now, some folks will read your garbage and repeat it as gospel. And suddenly, everything is made with lead because some guy said so on the internet. wake up dude.

You even refuse to believe that the master chalk formulas was NOT changed. They added a flag because of 911, that's it, no conspiracy theory, they just added a flag to show their support and they get bashed for some nitwit "conspiracy" garbage. wow.

Fenwick

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The darker blue is much more valuable. It was soaked in Efren's urine for 3 days (so it's impregnated with his DNA!) :eek: :lol:

For the 10,000th time, THERE'S NO DIFFERENCE IN PRE-FLAG AND POST-FLAG MASTER CHALK! That comes right from the horse's mouth, Skip Nemencek, Owner of Tweeten, who makes Master and other chalks.

Scott Lee
http://poolknowledge.com

Don't know why I'm Quoting you but lead paint was banned in the U.S.A. in 1978. Chalk, I don't know. I've never been tested. I've been banging balls beginning in 1958 when I was 8 years old. Was I exposed to lead, most likely. House paint and Chalk. I was also exposed to Mercury in grade school and Jr. High. If in doubt, O.P. take it to be disposed of properly.