I need some advice on which table to buy.

jrctherake

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm having some walls knocked down to make room for a 9' table. The construction should be done within the next 5 to 6 weeks.

These are the tables I have found that are not a gazillion miles from me. Of the following tables which had you rather own and play on in your home?

This Gold Crown III:

Will this table really play exactly like a Diamond blue label 9'? PM me your answer on the playing like a Diamond or not if you do not want to answer in open...thanks...either way.

https://atlanta.craigslist.org/atl/spo/5932848603.html

This Gold Crown IV:

How will this table compare to the Gold Crown III above? How will it compare to a new Diamond 9'?

https://atlanta.craigslist.org/atl/spo/5903863882.html

Thanks for any and all advice!!!

Last edited:

noMoreSchon

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Snatch up that GCIII, I am waiting for Mark to redo my rails, and if I could've found a table

close to me that he has modified it would of been my first pick. But that GCIII looks too good

to be true.

gxman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
That's a mint looking GC4. The only issue is how much will it cost to have the rails done and pockets tighten. If it will need new cushions also.

Shooter32

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The gold crown 3 has been offered on this site , matter of fact I think he had a few of them . With the work that has been done by the master himself , I wouldn't even have to think about witch one to buy and I have a 9' Diamond !! :thumbup:
The gold crown 3 no questions .

Captain18

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Sounds as if you are looking for a table to play close to the Diamond ......why not just get a Diamond. .. I'm assuming you are looking at the GCs to stay within your price range.
GCs will play great for you if you get them set up right.... but if you are financially able you cant go wrong getting the Diamond

bradsh98

Bradshaw Billiard Service
Silver Member
I have played on that exact Gold Crown III, when it was set up at Premium Billiards, in Syracuse, NY. In fact, I assisted A-1 Billiards (Jay Spielberg), in the disassembly and packaging of the tables.

Those tables played great. Actually, they played very much like the 7' Diamonds that were on the other side of the room. I think that you will be very satisfied with that purchase.

mvp

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
In nine ft go gold crown! In 7-8ft always go diamond! Just my two cents

MahnaMahna

Beefcake. BEEFCAKE!!
Silver Member
If those are the two choices, you should definitely pay the $250 more for the table done by Mark vs a stock table. That table should last you and your family several life times.

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'd do the 4 for sure! Black with chrome... That looks hot! That might have been a one private owner table, it looks immaculate! 4's play jam up, and have nice arsthetic improvements over the 1, 2, and 3.

Put me down for keeping Artemis rubber away from any billiard table that has pockets!

JoeyInCali

Maker of Joey Bautista Cues
Silver Member
Can I get an Amen!

OUCH!!!!!!
:grin::grin::grin:

That GC3 would have been perfect had it not been Diathudendized.
Well almost because GC3's don't have pinned slates ( unless modified ).

I wish Mr PerfectPocketz was local here.

OnDaSnap

Banned
I'm having some walls knocked down to make room for a 9' table. The construction should be done within the next 5 to 6 weeks.

These are the tables I have found that are not a gazillion miles from me. Of the following tables which had you rather own and play on in your home?

This Gold Crown III:

Will this table really play exactly like a Diamond blue label 9'? PM me your answer on the playing like a Diamond or not if you do not want to answer in open...thanks...either way.

https://atlanta.craigslist.org/atl/spo/5932848603.html

This Gold Crown IV:

How will this table compare to the Gold Crown III above? How will it compare to a new Diamond 9'?

https://atlanta.craigslist.org/atl/spo/5903863882.html

Thanks for any and all advice!!!

I would play on any table as long as it is level, has good cloth, and has good rails. Preferably 4 inch pockets, but anything would do.

jrctherake

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The reason I ask about those specific tables did not have anything to do with budget. It was to get an opinion on which one would play most like a diamond or if either would play exactly like a diamond.

The biggest reason I have not already just pulled the trigger and bought a new Diamond is the lead time. I hate the thought of having to wait several months for a table but may end up doing just that unless something comes up soon.

Speaking of something coming up soon, a room owner in Birmingham Alabama told me he could get a 9' Diamond with a light for around $5,500. I do not know if that is a new table or a tournament table. I also do not know if that includes delivery and setup or not. He did not say anything about the lead time either but I will be talking to him in the next few days.

The only tables I have played on are 9' and 7' Blue label Diamonds, 7' and 8' Valleys and an 8' Olhausen at a friends house so I have no experience with the Gold Crowns and that is why I ask about the Gold Crowns in the links above compared to a Diamond.

Of the tables I have played on since my return to pool, I have to say the Diamonds are my favorite. They seem a lot tougher than the tables I remember from years ago but then again, it's hard to compared something now to something that I did 20+ years ago as it seems my memory is getting worse and worse each year. Not to mention, like most that lay off for years, my level of play is not what it used to be so everything I play on seems to be tougher than I remember.

jrctherake

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
OUCH!!!!!!
:grin::grin::grin:

That GC3 would have been perfect had it not been Diathudendized.
Well almost because GC3's don't have pinned slates ( unless modified ).

I wish Mr PerfectPocketz was local here.

Sorry but I have no idea what Diathudendized means? Also, (my lack of table knowledge showing) what is the difference between a "pinned slate" vs a slate that is "not pinned"?

jrctherake

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I would play on any table as long as it is level, has good cloth, and has good rails. Preferably 4 inch pockets, but anything would do.

Well, I agree as far as just going out to some hall or bar to play but I'm talking about buying a table to put in my home.

EDIT:

4" pockets are a bit tight for my taste. I prefer 4 1/2". Anything smaller and my game suffers. I can practice shot drills just fine with 4" pockets but actually trying to run balls while trying to cheat a pocket for example is out of my league.

Last edited:

jrctherake

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The gold crown 3 has been offered on this site , matter of fact I think he had a few of them . With the work that has been done by the master himself , I wouldn't even have to think about witch one to buy and I have a 9' Diamond !! :thumbup:
The gold crown 3 no questions .

Which year was your Diamond made? Is it a red or blue label? If red label has it be converted?