Go Back   AzBilliards.com > Products Talk > Cue Reviews
Reload this Page is really that the cue improves my game?
Reply
 
Share Thread Tools Rate Thread
is really that the cue improves my game?
Old
  (#1)
giulichajari
AzB Bronze Member
giulichajari is on a distinguished road
 
Status: Offline
Posts: 14
vCash: 500
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Join Date: Jun 2017
   
is really that the cue improves my game? - 11-10-2017, 10:00 AM

Some people said me that i have to know how to play, having an expensive cue is not necessary, instead it has to be a cue that i like(which comfort me).

in my city other gamers have too expensive cues..

I want a lightweight 13 mm cue for pool(10 ball 8 ball) and nothing else.

Whats your opinnion?
  
Reply With Quote

Old
  (#2)
tashworth19191
Pool will make you humble
tashworth19191 has a reputation beyond reputetashworth19191 has a reputation beyond reputetashworth19191 has a reputation beyond reputetashworth19191 has a reputation beyond reputetashworth19191 has a reputation beyond reputetashworth19191 has a reputation beyond reputetashworth19191 has a reputation beyond reputetashworth19191 has a reputation beyond reputetashworth19191 has a reputation beyond reputetashworth19191 has a reputation beyond reputetashworth19191 has a reputation beyond repute
 
tashworth19191's Avatar
 
Status: Offline
Posts: 362
vCash: 500
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Burnet, TX
   
11-10-2017, 11:20 AM

I think the best no frills cue would be the Predator Revo. The shaft is almost indestructable, it very low defliction and it feels good when you shoot.


Regards, Tom Ashworth
http://burnet-texas-homes.com
  • Playing Cue: Predator 8k4 with 12.9 Revo Shaft
  • Break Cue: PURE X HXTP2 BREAK
  • Jump Cue: Custom
  • Case: InStroke Leather 3X7
  • Table : Connelly 4'x8'
  
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#3)
ddg45
AzB Bronze Member
ddg45 has a reputation beyond reputeddg45 has a reputation beyond reputeddg45 has a reputation beyond reputeddg45 has a reputation beyond reputeddg45 has a reputation beyond reputeddg45 has a reputation beyond reputeddg45 has a reputation beyond reputeddg45 has a reputation beyond reputeddg45 has a reputation beyond reputeddg45 has a reputation beyond reputeddg45 has a reputation beyond repute
 
Status: Offline
Posts: 37
vCash: 500
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Join Date: May 2017
Location: North Charleston, SC
   
11-11-2017, 01:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by giulichajari View Post
Some people said me that i have to know how to play, having an expensive cue is not necessary, instead it has to be a cue that i like(which comfort me).

in my city other gamers have too expensive cues..

I want a lightweight 13 mm cue for pool(10 ball 8 ball) and nothing else.

Whats your opinnion?
Tashworth's recommendation of a Predator is strange, since they make only expensive cues.
Cost is relative to how much money you have, how good you are, how often you play and how specific your wants are. If you're a beginner Players makes good solid cues for $100, their HTX series uses better shafts. You have to know exactly what you want before you invest in a more expensive cue. Slim or fat butt? No wrap? Leather or linen wrap? What kind of tip? What kind of joint? What's your budget? $250 gets you a good cue by Lucasi, Joss, Pechauer or McDermott but you can spend much more pretty easily.
This advice has been on this forum many, many times. A good player can win every time with a house stick, but once you have a cue that feels good to you you'll play better with it. Play with different types of cues by different manufacturers before you spend over $100, IMHO.


Playing cues: McDermott G225 and Lucasi LZL-14.
Pechauer JP02-N retired.
Both are better than I am but I fight the urge to buy more.
  
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#4)
giulichajari
AzB Bronze Member
giulichajari is on a distinguished road
 
Status: Offline
Posts: 14
vCash: 500
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Join Date: Jun 2017
   
11-12-2017, 01:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddg45 View Post
Tashworth's recommendation of a Predator is strange, since they make only expensive cues.
Cost is relative to how much money you have, how good you are, how often you play and how specific your wants are. If you're a beginner Players makes good solid cues for $100, their HTX series uses better shafts. You have to know exactly what you want before you invest in a more expensive cue. Slim or fat butt? No wrap? Leather or linen wrap? What kind of tip? What kind of joint? What's your budget? $250 gets you a good cue by Lucasi, Joss, Pechauer or McDermott but you can spend much more pretty easily.
This advice has been on this forum many, many times. A good player can win every time with a house stick, but once you have a cue that feels good to you you'll play better with it. Play with different types of cues by different manufacturers before you spend over $100, IMHO.
"players who know how to play, can play with whatever cue"..is right?
  
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#5)
ddg45
AzB Bronze Member
ddg45 has a reputation beyond reputeddg45 has a reputation beyond reputeddg45 has a reputation beyond reputeddg45 has a reputation beyond reputeddg45 has a reputation beyond reputeddg45 has a reputation beyond reputeddg45 has a reputation beyond reputeddg45 has a reputation beyond reputeddg45 has a reputation beyond reputeddg45 has a reputation beyond reputeddg45 has a reputation beyond repute
 
Status: Offline
Posts: 37
vCash: 500
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Join Date: May 2017
Location: North Charleston, SC
   
11-13-2017, 09:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by giulichajari View Post
"players who know how to play, can play with whatever cue"..is right?
Good players usually have very good and often expensive cues that they prefer, but yes...they could play very well with just about anything.


Playing cues: McDermott G225 and Lucasi LZL-14.
Pechauer JP02-N retired.
Both are better than I am but I fight the urge to buy more.
  
Reply With Quote
In my humble opinion....
Old
  (#6)
Vince_Former_BB
AzB Silver Member
Vince_Former_BB has a reputation beyond reputeVince_Former_BB has a reputation beyond reputeVince_Former_BB has a reputation beyond reputeVince_Former_BB has a reputation beyond reputeVince_Former_BB has a reputation beyond reputeVince_Former_BB has a reputation beyond reputeVince_Former_BB has a reputation beyond reputeVince_Former_BB has a reputation beyond reputeVince_Former_BB has a reputation beyond reputeVince_Former_BB has a reputation beyond reputeVince_Former_BB has a reputation beyond repute
 
Status: Offline
Posts: 125
vCash: 500
iTrader: 1 / 100%
Join Date: Apr 2014
   
In my humble opinion.... - 11-21-2017, 12:54 PM

.....yes. I personally believe that pool cues do in fact have capabilities built into them. Assume for a moment you buy a $100 cue. I assure you the quality of the materials to build that cue were probably no more than $10.00 Buy a $10,000 cue and the quality of the materials increases exponentially as does the quality of the workmanship and as such the potential of that cue to perform at a high level. What I think you have to consider is, are you buying a mass production cue that was built for a mass market or are you buying a cue built specifically for you, your game, your skill level? Pool cues are a lot like cars. You can buy a Chevy or you can buy a Ferrari. And, you can buy something in between. Would a person who does regular day to day driving to and from work have the skill to drive a Ferrari on the AutoBahn? Hmmmm.....probably not. But the same turn would a Formula 1 driver be able to drive a Chevy Mini Van on the highway at 200 miles per hour? Ehhhh....no. Such is the same for pool cues. While a great player may be capable of "playing" with a half-assed cue it's not likely that his skill level won't be hampered. I believe a player should be playing with a cue they can grow into. A cue that supersedes their skill level will be something they can improve with over time while a lesser cue can and will hold them back in improvement. Would the vast majority of "professional" pool players play with their current cue regardless of whether or not someone was paying them to play with that cue? Hmmm......probably not.
  
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#7)
giulichajari
AzB Bronze Member
giulichajari is on a distinguished road
 
Status: Offline
Posts: 14
vCash: 500
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Join Date: Jun 2017
   
11-22-2017, 04:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince_Former_BB View Post
.....yes. I personally believe that pool cues do in fact have capabilities built into them. Assume for a moment you buy a $100 cue. I assure you the quality of the materials to build that cue were probably no more than $10.00 Buy a $10,000 cue and the quality of the materials increases exponentially as does the quality of the workmanship and as such the potential of that cue to perform at a high level. What I think you have to consider is, are you buying a mass production cue that was built for a mass market or are you buying a cue built specifically for you, your game, your skill level? Pool cues are a lot like cars. You can buy a Chevy or you can buy a Ferrari. And, you can buy something in between. Would a person who does regular day to day driving to and from work have the skill to drive a Ferrari on the AutoBahn? Hmmmm.....probably not. But the same turn would a Formula 1 driver be able to drive a Chevy Mini Van on the highway at 200 miles per hour? Ehhhh....no. Such is the same for pool cues. While a great player may be capable of "playing" with a half-assed cue it's not likely that his skill level won't be hampered. I believe a player should be playing with a cue they can grow into. A cue that supersedes their skill level will be something they can improve with over time while a lesser cue can and will hold them back in improvement. Would the vast majority of "professional" pool players play with their current cue regardless of whether or not someone was paying them to play with that cue? Hmmm......probably not.
In my city Poison cues are well known for playing pool..but probably they are mass market, but are very important cues.
  
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.