Royce Bunnell Of OB Cues Has Passed Away - RIP

Kickin' Chicken

Kick Shot Aficionado
Gold Member
Silver Member
A separate thread to avoid confusion with the existing get well thread.

Unfortunately it is reported that Royce has died following a severe heart attack.

I sure enjoyed chatting with him at the SBE events.

A truly great man has left his family, friends, and our sport.

Godspeed, Sir.

best,
brian kc

RADAR

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rip. Man what blow cue industry a up rising leader in production cues! How old was he? Way to young i gather?

Kid Dynomite

Dennis (Michael) Wilson
Silver Member
Super sad news. We had many a great debate and discussion on here. He will be missed dearly. My deepest condolences.

Sincerely,
KD
Michael Wilson

slide13

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Wow, how sad! Loved his participation in this forum, always had some great stuff to share. Best wishes for those he leaves behind.

POVPOOL

POV Pool
Silver Member
Rest In Peace, Royce. I'm completely shocked to hear this. He was a hardworking and dedicated man, who brought a lot to the billiard industry. Always friendly and easy to get along with. I know that he will be sorely missed.

KRJ

Support UKRAINE
Silver Member
Sad to hear about Royce. He was a game changer in billiards. I know he changed my game when I started playing with an OB shaft.

Royce, we'll all be playing again soon. You bring the shafts, I'll bring the chalk ;)

RJ

galipeau

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This is terrible news.... I hope his family knows he was highly respected in the online billiards community. My condolences to his friends and family.

Bigtruck

Capt Diff Lock
Gold Member
Silver Member
A separate thread to avoid confusion with the existing get well thread.

Unfortunately it is reported that Royce has died following a severe heart attack.

I sure enjoyed chatting with him at the SBE events.

A truly great man has left his family, friends, and our sport.

Godspeed, Sir.

best,
brian kc

Well said Brian. Prayers out to Royce's friends and family. Taken from us way too soon!

Ray

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
This leaves a big hole in the billiard world.
My condolences to family and friends.
Rest in peace, Mr Bunnell

ceebee

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Unbelievable. R.I.P. Mr Royce Bunnell, you will be missed considerably. I'm sorry to lose this friend.

My condolences to the family.

ga9ball

South West Buyer!
Silver Member
Ob

Sincere condolences to Royce's family and friends! Always took the time to say hello to me and my wife! Great loss to the pool world. He built a unique company where he was an innovator, and loved the business.
RIP Royce

bbb

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
OMG
condolences to the family and loved ones
i have bought may ob shafts from him
and we talked many times on the phone
great person
the pool world will surely miss a great one
larry (bbb)

Terry Aeschliman

Terry Aeschliman
Gold Member
Silver Member
royce bunnell

I always enjoyed our chats. Such a knowledgeable guy and willing to share the wisdom. Rest in Peace Royce

TATE

AzB Gold Mensch
Silver Member
Royce was very cool to me. I recall when I made a comment on AZ about wishing OB would make a stiffer shaft and he emailed me and said "send me your address" - so was launched the OB Classic. I always thought he was a true gentleman in our dealings and was impressed with his "outside the box" innovation and honesty. His professionalism could not be be questioned.

We lost a man who did his own thing and did it very well. Royce, you will be missed.

pocket

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Didn't know him personally but ingot the feeling he was a honest straight shooter (as was stared in the get well thread).

Very sad indeed, my condolences to his family and friends and all the best to his company and associates.

RIP Royce