Anniversary Counter Not Spinning

Donny Wessels

Silver Member
I'm not familiar with the Anniversary tables. Does the slate need to have bevels on the foot side for the counter to spin?

fastone371

Certifiable
Silver Member
I know that my GCI has counter bevels in the slate, I would bet the Anniversary needs them too.

Good afternoon, you shouldn't need any slate reliefs for the counters on Anniversaries or Centennials. Most 9' slate is 1.25" from edge of slate to center of rail bolt hole. Both stock style counters will clear at least 1.5"

Attachments

• IMG_1286.jpg
    IMG_1286.jpg
    200.3 KB · Views: 431

fastone371

Certifiable
Silver Member
Good afternoon, you shouldn't need any slate reliefs for the counters on Anniversaries or Centennials. Most 9' slate is 1.25" from edge of slate to center of rail bolt hole. Both stock style counters will clear at least 1.5"

Anniversaries have all metal scoring wheels? Im assuming someone has to paint them then color in the digits on worn out tables?? Sounds like fun, if I did it first the wheels would have a full coat of white followed by a full coat of black when I couldnt stay in the lines. At that point I would give up. :D

pogmothoin

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Anniversaries have all metal scoring wheels? Im assuming someone has to paint them then color in the digits on worn out tables?? Sounds like fun, if I did it first the wheels would have a full coat of white followed by a full coat of black when I couldnt stay in the lines. At that point I would give up. :D

Not that hard to do. I refinished mine. Just a little patience.

realkingcobra

Silver Member
I'm not familiar with the Anniversary tables. Does the slate need to have bevels on the foot side for the counter to spin?

The score counter is flush to the bottom of the end rail, no need to have a relief ground into the slate. On the GC1 &2s, the score counters are mounted in the middle of the end rail, and extend past the bottom of the rail which is why the slate has to be ground off as to make room for the counters.

Just want to make sure no one gets the wrong info here. Nothing more. This is a anniversary/centennial counter and how it sits in the rail. It does protrude below the bottom of the rail 11/16". The dials start to protrude below the slate surface 2" back from center of rail bolt hole. The clip style protrudes 1-1/2" back from center of rail bolt hole. The GC1-2's protrude 1/2" from the bottom of the rail, and protrusion of dials start at 7/8" back from center of rail bolt hole.

Attachments

• IMG_1308.jpg
    IMG_1308.jpg
    179.4 KB · Views: 265
  • IMG_1307.jpg
    IMG_1307.jpg
    178.1 KB · Views: 270
  • IMG_1306.jpg
    IMG_1306.jpg
    181.2 KB · Views: 262

realkingcobra

Silver Member
Now show the difference between an anniversary and a GC1 rail, the anniversary counter is not in the way of the slate because it's mounted to the outside edge of the rail, unlike a GC1 score counter which is drop mounted down through the center of the rail, and therefore requires the slate to be ground off so it does not bind the score wheels against the edge of the slate.....correct?

Steve Dickey

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Here is one together, outboard of the slate edge as described by RKC.

Attachments

• IMG_1818.jpeg
    IMG_1818.jpeg
    53.9 KB · Views: 259

Donny...you manage a billiards store and don't know anything about and anniversary score counter.....maybe look under the table would be a start.
These are the guys calling themselves table mechanics or billiards store managers.......lol. WOW REALLY

The ProRailbird

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Donny...you manage a billiards store and don't know anything about and anniversary score counter.....maybe look under the table would be a start.
These are the guys calling themselves table mechanics or billiards store managers.......lol. WOW REALLY

Hey Mark,

If you would have replied first, this thread would have been only 2 posts long, not 2 pages !

Then, after 2 pages, you state the obvious & kill the thread ! LOL !!

Keep up the good work Mark!