Earl Moment US Open Knockout round

Island Drive

Otto/Dads College Roommate/Cleveland Browns
Silver Member
In a losers side match with Earl & Gabe Owen.....the pearl did something I'd not seen before and it felt like a move, even tho it was Earls break. He..... Earl....stood on his left foot only and broke the rack. :scratchhead:

HawaiianEye

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
In a losers side match with Earl & Gabe Owen.....the pearl did something I'd not seen before and it felt like a move, even tho it was Earls break. He..... Earl....stood on his left foot only and broke the rack. :scratchhead:

I'm surprised Earl showed his secret "Flamingo" break. If things get really bad, he may do the "Crouching Lion, Hidden Dragon" break. :)

hang-the-9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

There was a tournament where Earl was playing Efren, classic match-up there. Efren shot a shot one-handed for some reason. Earl went nuts. I mean more than usual.

If Earl went into a match wearing nothing but a diaper, a motorcycle helmet and platform disco shoes, I will only be mildly surprised.

Celophanewrap

Call me Grace
Silver Member
Whatever works. Don't any of you have lucky socks, or lucky boxer shorts, eat the same
thing for lunch? I think the tape, the weights, the frankencue, the flamingo break, the diaper and platform soles,
all part of Earl's pre-shot routine. I think it's a luck/karma thing for him

LHP5

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I've seen him pull out q-tips and clean his ears in the middle of a match...

WildWing

Super Gun Mod
Silver Member
The reason he does that, occasionally, is because the constrictions of all the other pads and weights over the body cause some blood loss in some extremities. When one leg goes a bit numb, he may use the other for the break. Or, any other shot, for that matter.

All the best,
WW

GoldCrown

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
There was a tournament where Earl was playing Efren, classic match-up there. Efren shot a shot one-handed for some reason. Earl went nuts. I mean more than usual.

If Earl went into a match wearing nothing but a diaper, a motorcycle helmet and platform disco shoes, I will only be mildly surprised.

Has anyone seen his cue butt wrap and hand splint close up.

SpinDoctor

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Was he wearing his beekeeper outfit and breaking with his 11 foot long cue?

Does he really surprise anyone anymore?

9andout

Gunnin' for a 3 pack!!
Silver Member
I love Earl. I've seen him in person at many tournaments.
I'm really psyched that he's playing in a small tournament in my area this weekend!!!
Last year the equipment was far from top notch.
I warned the TD!!! Lol

greyghost

Coast to Coast
Silver Member
But you gotta admit, Earl can probably pull that look off ;)

Agreed......

He could be the "frank". Of pool and I'd still dig it

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
b49d944383fea4e08faac4914bb11eae.jpg

smashmouth

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
if he wasn't the greatest player that ever lived and the guy all the young gun STILL copy
i might have a problem with him

book collector

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Did any of you ever consider, that it's you that's out of step, and that Earl is just fine, doing what he wants to do?