On no, MORE FREE STUFF :)

KRJ

Support UKRAINE
Silver Member
And the WINNER is:

Willie Hoppe was a good guess, as that is what I shoot with now. But, I bought that a few years ago and restored it.

But, first cue was Burton Spain, traded Freddy the Beard my old cue that he wanted for his young son, and I got his brand new Spain cue. yeah, i robbed him, but I do believe he let me ;) Had the cue for 33 years, had Hercek refinish it, and was afraid to play with it, so I sold it to a huge Spain collector in Chicago area about 4 years ago.

So, the first Spain guess is the WINNER. "DATTO' posted Spain first.

Congrats.

PM your address with your selection.

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
And the WINNER is:

Willie Hoppe was a good guess, as that is what I shoot with now. But, I bought that a few years ago and restored it.

But, first cue was Burton Spain, traded Freddy the Beard my old cue that he wanted for his young son, and I got his brand new Spain cue. yeah, i robbed him, but I do believe he let me ;) Had the cue for 33 years, had Hercek refinish it, and was afraid to play with it, so I sold it to a huge Spain collector in Chicago area about 4 years ago.

So, the first Spain guess is the WINNER. "DATTO' posted Spain first.

Congrats.

PM your address with your selection.

I gave him his first greenie, RJ...I think you should too.

mr3cushion

Regestered User
Silver Member
WINNER GETS CHOICE;

A MAGIC CHALK TSHIRT OR 3 BOXES OF MAGIC CHALK.

Question:

What was ChicagoRJ's first custom cue at the tender age of 15 ?

Post your guesses and I will check them later today for a winner. (first post with correct name is the winner)

JUST POST THE NAME without Explanation as not to throw off other contestants

HINT: He's from the Midwest :)

PS: Not open to anyone that has met me in person because you have SEEN the cue before I sold it a few years back :)

Robert; I should know that, but, my memory is fading! But I'll never forget my time at the North Shore Club! Long gone now are life long friends! We all have our time, just playing and waiting!

KRJ

Support UKRAINE
Silver Member
Robert; I should know that, but, my memory is fading! But I'll never forget my time at the North Shore Club! Long gone now are life long friends! We all have our time, just playing and waiting!

Hey Billy,

Yeah, it was awhile ago. Never forget getting picked up by truancy officers multiple times. After awhile, they just left me alone when they saw me ;)

Good thing they never stopped me driving Jack Gunn's Mercedes taking bets out to the race track. I was only 15, and didn't know how to drive. But he handed his keys to me because he had to get the bets in, including his.

It was good biz for me. Everyone threw me a couple of dollars for my troubles, so I made at least $15 to $20 for making the run. Plus, I'd book a few of them, and pocket the profit. But I only booked the small bets as I could not withstand a large "hit". But, the winners would all snap me at least a double sawbuck, and I'd make at least $200 or more for a quick drive to the race track. That was the nuts :) That was huge money in 1977 for a teenager :) And I never wrecked even once :thumbup:

If you ever make it up to Chicago, let me know,

See ya, RJ

Last edited:

alstl

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Changed my answer to a mcDermont

Are we playing official bcs rules here? If so you are not allowed to change your answer.

When I lived in St Louis there was a guy near 90 years old named Bill Hendricks who played with a Burton Spain made for him by Spain. Bill was a 200 ball 14.1 runner and a good 3 cushion billiards player in his younger days but had trouble moving around the table. A lot of times he would just sit at a table and watch, sometimes falling asleep. 95% of the people in the pool hall had no idea that old guy sitting at the table was the best player in the place.

Since I no longer live in St Louis I don't know whether Bill is still living or what happened to his Spain.

Last edited: