UK pool halls

Thunder Thighs

I'm your Huckleberry
Silver Member
Could you share some locations of nice family friendly pool halls in the Lytham St. Annes and Blackpool area? I'll be there next month. I don't gamble but i do love the game.

:thumbup:

TheWizard

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This is probably the nearest pool hall in the Blackpool area with American tables:-

http://www.rileys.co.uk/club/110/Preston

There was a Rileys club in Blackpool, but it has since closed down.

It'd also be worth checking out Pro9.co.uk and ask Big Dave Knight if he knows of any other good pool halls in that area, although to be honest, if you were going to Manchester, you'd have a much better choice of pool halls to play in.

I hope this helps and good luck.

Willie

Wity

Banned
Your coming all that way and wanna play pool ?

I love my snooker but if i were going to the states I sure as hell wouldn't be looking to play anything but US pool.

Thunder Thighs

I'm your Huckleberry
Silver Member
Yeah I understand what you're saying. I'd be willing to learn how to play snooker too. I'll be looking for a snooker cue when I get there. Any recommendations on custom snooker cue makers? I only know about John Parris, but I'm pretty clueless about any others.

Exile

that definatly rolled....
Silver Member
If you're looking for a cue, try Mike Wooldridge. I swear by his cues.

As far as pool halls go, avoid Rileys like the plague. I've never played in one with even half decent tables. Very expensive too...

Wity

Banned
Should have gone to Thailand rather than Lytham St Annes even with the current political unrest and riots there it's far safer and nicer plus you'd pick up a decent cue for a quarter of the price of a Parris or one from from Wooldridge.

Thunder Thighs

I'm your Huckleberry
Silver Member
Should have gone to Thailand rather than Lytham St Annes even with the current political unrest and riots there it's far safer and nicer plus you'd pick up a decent cue for a quarter of the price of a Parris or one from from Wooldridge.

Thanks for the words of encouragement :rolleyes:

Wity

Banned
Take no notice of my last post i was in a funny old mood last night.
I've nothing against Lytham St Annes or the folks aroround that area, far nicer than many a part of the country,

I cant think of a cuemaker around there though, nearest i'd say you might want to go see would be http://www.mastercraft-cues.co.uk/ Combine a day out with a looksee of Ironbridge perhaps?

Or a drive across the Pennines to Leeds to visit www.craftsmancues.com

Either willo make you a first rate cue without breaking the bank though unless you pick one already made i doubt they'll do one in time for you to take home.

Wity

Banned
Just thought, Kevin Muncaster aint that far away in Preston.

http://www.cuemakers.co.uk/

He made John Higgins cue. Not got a shop as such nor a table to try before you buy it's just a workshop but he has a good reputation for making decent playing cues.

Only thing i'd say if you do order one from him is to be very specific in the spec you want and the standasrd of splicing. In fact be so wherever you buy from as most cuemakers can make a perfect cue but many dont ensure their splices are perfectly even and symetrical. as if they measure by eye rather than by a rule) Playing wise it'll make no difference but a perfect looker is always prefered.

Thunder Thighs

I'm your Huckleberry
Silver Member
Not quite yet. I'll check out Northwest Cues in Preston one of these days. It's a 30 minute train ride from where I am at the moment.