My Match!

bdorman

Dead money
Silver Member
Caution: I am not an instructor!

Good shooting. Looks like you're pretty "choked up" on the cue though. Your grip wrist/hand is far ahead of your elbow even on warm-up strokes before you make contact with the CB. However, you don't drop your elbow like a forward grip usually causes.

You might move your grip hand back 3-4" and see how it feels.

poolnoob

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Where is this pool hall, care to share the exact address? I'll be visiting in a few days time. Would like to check it out.

wayne

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Where is this pool hall, care to share the exact address? I'll be visiting in a few days time. Would like to check it out.

just do a search for Q9 Billiards, Brisbane, Australia. = Address: unit 2/520 Kessels Rd, Macgregor

Last edited:

JohnnyOzone

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Good shooting. Looks like you're pretty "choked up" on the cue though. Your grip wrist/hand is far ahead of your elbow even on warm-up strokes before you make contact with the CB. However, you don't drop your elbow like a forward grip usually causes.

I was going to post the exact same thing.
Although bridging closer to the cue ball would help with this as well as moving your grip hand back.

Good luck shooting!

poolnoob

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
just do a search for Q9 Billiards, Brisbane, Australia. = Address: unit 2/520 Kessels Rd, Macgregor
Thank you for the reply. I've added the club on my Facebook. Hopefully will be able to visit when am there.

Sent from my R7sf using Tapatalk

alstl

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm not a great player but I noticed a couple things. In both cases you took the wrong path to the next ball. In the first one you should have used low left to draw the ball back toward the 6 ball instead of going forward.

https://youtu.be/8I054ewzXmk?t=691

In the second case the angle you chose required perfect speed to have a shot. You should have used more left to give yourself more of an angle or even low left drawing under the 9 ball multiple rails back up table.

https://youtu.be/8I054ewzXmk?t=1768

You are a good shot maker but you need work on your pattern and position play. I would recommend some 14.1 because a lot of 9 ball players get in the habit of playing area position whereas 14.1 teaches you to use precise position.

I did like the Earl closed bridge, you don't see that very often. With a little work on your game you could be a very good player.

realkingcobra

Silver Member
As alstl mentioned above, keep the K.I.S.S rule in mind when deciding on how to get position on your next ball, the KISS rule is "keep it simple stupid" that means don't send the cue ball off 2 rails to get position on the next ball, when 1 rail will work. The more simple you keep your shots, the less the fatigue from overworking your shot, besides that, simple position shots keep you in rhythm, or in the zone when you're at the table. One other thing, with such a long stroke as you have, try not using more than 75% of the full distance of your stroke. Everytime you pull your shaft out of view of the path it has to be on to shoot the shot, you have to go through a realignment of that pathway in the back of your mind. With at least 25% of your stoke parh visible at all times, its much easier to stay lined up on the pathway to the cue ball because it never leaves your sight.

Johnny Rosato

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

I agree. I also think he needs a mid-cue extension for THAT cue,(at least 2.5"). Next cue he buys or orders, consider 30" or even 31" - 32". ~IMO~

realkingcobra

Silver Member
I agree. I also think he needs a mid-cue extension for THAT cue,(at least 2.5"). Next cue he buys or orders, consider 30" or even 31" - 32". ~IMO~

All he has to do is choke up 2" in his stoke and keep has back hand where it is, that right there would straighten out his back arm. There is absolutely no need for such a long stroke, Allen Hopkins has proven that with a 2" poke n' stoke, and just so you know, don't think for one second he can't put some spin on the cue ball with that stroke....my moneys on Allen against the world drawing the cue ball back....LMAO

mvp

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This post is 3yrs old, the other guy just wanted to know where the club was!

realkingcobra

Silver Member
This post is 3yrs old, the other guy just wanted to know where the club was!

Well, in three years i sure hope he learned something from all the free advice he recieved back then in this thread, because he got more free advice this time around....3 years later:eek: