Support the BEF and help spend Dr. Dave's, Bob's, Jay's, and Jeremiah's money

dr_dave

Instructional Author
Gold Member
Silver Member
The purpose for this thread is to rally support for the Billiard Education Foundation (BEF). This is a good time of year to do this since the BEF will be hosting the Junior Nationals Tournament in Vegas August 2-5, 2017. This event can't happen every year without financial support.

To help provide encouragement to people to contribute, Bob Jewett, Jay Helfert, Jeremiah Gage, Tom Riccobene, and I will match all AZB contributions up to a total of $2500 ($500 each) between now and the end of June, 2017.

The BEF is a great organization and a good "cause." They supports numerous Junior State Championships and the Junior National Championships, and they sponsor juniors to attend the WPA World Junior Championships. The BEF also encourages juniors to stay in school and further their education while building and maintaining a lifelong love of billiards through the “Pool In School” program. For more information, visit the BEF website.

To contribute and trigger a match from me, Bob, Jay, and Jeremiah, make your contribution on the BEF donation page and post your amount here (or send me a PM if you prefer to remain anonymous). The BEF will verify the donated amounts and I will keep an updated total in this thread.

FYI, the BEF is a non-profit organization and your gift will qualify as a charitable donation, which you can claim as a tax deduction.

Please contribute whatever you can, even if it is only a few bucks.

Thank you in advance for your generosity and for supporting the BEF. Young players are the future of pool and they need and deserve our support.

Best regards,
Dave, Bob, Jay, Jeremiah, and Tom

Last edited:

dr_dave

Instructional Author
Gold Member
Silver Member
Here's the list of people who contributed last year:

Player - $20
JC - $100
Tennesseejoe - $25
Cardigan Kid - $100
KissedOut - $100
RandyinHawaii - $100
9andout - $50
SilverCue - $100
magicrat69210 - $10
dawgcpa - $100
elvicash - $100
Mooneye - $100
tc in l a - $100
anonymous - $50
sjharr - $100
12squared - $25
rhatten - $100
HoustonInt - $50
Shermanscs - $50
Nine o nine - $20
JC - $100
Scherf - $100

Hopefully, you guys (and others) are able to help again this year.

Thanks,
Dave

dr_dave

Instructional Author
Gold Member
Silver Member
Joe Johann. Tennesseejoe, $50, Pool In Schools
Joe,

Thank you for being the first to contribute! Hopefully, there will be many more.

Here is what we have so far:

Tennesseejoe - $50

Subtotal: $50

Match from Dr. Dave, Bob, Jay, Jeremiah (up to $2000 max): $50

Grand total raised for the BEF and Juniors so far: $100

Keep the contributions coming,
Dave

Last edited:

dr_dave

Instructional Author
Gold Member
Silver Member
Tom Riccobene of the BEF just offered to contribute an additional $500 in matching funds, so that brings the possible total up to $5000.

Thanks Tom.

Tennesseejoe - $50

Subtotal: $50

Match from Dr. Dave, Bob, Jay, Jeremiah, Tom (up to $2500 max): $50

Grand total raised for the BEF and Juniors so far: $100

Dave

dr_dave

Instructional Author
Gold Member
Silver Member
We're off to a slow start. How about we get more people contributing. Any amount is beneficial and shows support to our top youth players.

Thanks,
Dave

The purpose for this thread is to rally support for the Billiard Education Foundation (BEF). This is a good time of year to do this since the BEF will be hosting the Junior Nationals Tournament in Vegas August 2-5, 2017. This event can't happen every year without financial support.

To help provide encouragement to people to contribute, Bob Jewett, Jay Helfert, Jeremiah Gage, and I will match all AZB contributions up to a total of $2000 ($500 each) between now and the end of June, 2017.

The BEF is a great organization and a good "cause." They supports numerous Junior State Championships and the Junior National Championships, and they sponsor juniors to attend the WPA World Junior Championships. The BEF also encourages juniors to stay in school and further their education while building and maintaining a lifelong love of billiards through the “Pool In School” program. For more information, visit the BEF website.

To contribute and trigger a match from me, Bob, Jay, and Jeremiah, make your contribution on the BEF donation page and post your amount here (or send me a PM if you prefer to remain anonymous). The BEF will verify the donated amounts and I will keep an updated total in this thread.

FYI, the BEF is a non-profit organization and your gift will qualify as a charitable donation, which you can claim as a tax deduction.

Thank you in advance for your generosity and for supporting the BEF. Young players are the future of pool and they need and deserve our support.

Best regards,
Dave, Bob, Jay, and Jeremiah

bbb

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
,,,,,,,,,,,,$50
wish the juniors good luck in the tourney

Shari@Poolmag

P&B Mag Editor
This is a GREAT way to support the next gen of players and pool kidz! Thanks guys

Love this and everyone can contribute just a little and have it count for twice as much thanks to the generosity of these special guys...

To help provide encouragement to people to contribute, Bob Jewett, Jay Helfert, Jeremiah Gage, and I will match all AZB contributions up to a total of $2000 ($500 each) between now and the end of June, 2017.

Best regards,
Dave, Bob, Jay, and Jeremiah[/QUOTE]

dr_dave

Instructional Author
Gold Member
Silver Member
,,,,,,,,,,,,$50
wish the juniors good luck in the tourney
Here's a $100
Thanks for making it happen
Thanks guys!

Tennesseejoe - $50
bbb - $50
Poolhall60561 - $100

Subtotal: $200

Match from Dr. Dave, Bob, Jay, Jeremiah, Tom (up to $2500 max): $200

Grand total raised for the BEF and Juniors so far: $400

Dave

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
This is the program that Samm Diep-Vidal did such a great job with the last few years. Dr. Dave has graciously taken the reins, allowing Samm more time with her growing family. As Shari said, the BEF is vidal for the support and encouragement of Junior players across the country. P&B magazine also donates generously each year.

IMO one of the more important programs in Pool and the members of the BCA would be wise to support it as well. I encourage AZ'ers to loosen their pockets and make a contribution. As for me and I can probably speak for the others, my money is already committed.

dr_dave

Instructional Author
Gold Member
Silver Member
I'm in for $100.
Keith
Thank you Keith!

Tennesseejoe - $50
bbb - $50
Poolhall60561 - $100
Brokedryagain - $100

Subtotal: $300

Match from Dr. Dave, Bob, Jay, Jeremiah, Tom (up to $2500 max): $300

Grand total raised for the BEF and Juniors so far: $600

Dave

9andout

Gunnin' for a 3 pack!!
Silver Member
Busy. Just had time to get it done.
Back in for $50 this year.
Thanks for the great work guys!

dr_dave

Instructional Author
Gold Member
Silver Member
Busy. Just had time to get it done.
Back in for $50 this year.
Thanks for the great work guys!
Thank you!

Tennesseejoe - $50
bbb - $50
Poolhall60561 - $100
Brokedryagain - $100
9andout - $50

Subtotal: $350

Match from Dr. Dave, Bob, Jay, Jeremiah, Tom (up to $2500 max): $350

Grand total raised for the BEF and Juniors so far: $700

Dave

dr_dave

Instructional Author
Gold Member
Silver Member
I hope a lot more AZB'ers out there decide to show support for our sport's youth.

Again, here is the info:

To help provide encouragement to people to contribute, Bob Jewett, Jay Helfert, Jeremiah Gage, Tom Riccobene, and I will match all AZB contributions up to a total of $2500 ($500 each) between now and the end of June, 2017.

Best regards,
Dave, Bob, Jay, Jeremiah, and Tom

Lynch

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm back in for $50 this year. I really appreciate what the BEF does and firmly believe the future of the sport is all about getting the little ones involved. Best of luck!

dr_dave

Instructional Author
Gold Member
Silver Member
I'm back in for $50 this year. I really appreciate what the BEF does and firmly believe the future of the sport is all about getting the little ones involved. Best of luck!
Thank you!

Tennesseejoe - $50
bbb - $50
Poolhall60561 - $100
Brokedryagain - $100
9andout - $50
Lynch - $50

Subtotal: $400

Match from Dr. Dave, Bob, Jay, Jeremiah, Tom (up to $2500 max): $400

Grand total raised for the BEF and Juniors so far: $800

Dave

nkvilliecues

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I hope a lot more AZB'ers out there decide to show support for our sport's youth.

Again, here is the info:

When the BEF starts working with the USBA to help out in the area of caroms I will step up to the plate......WHEN CAROMS DIES SNOOKER AND POOL WILL BE NEXT.....Imagine a world 200 years from now when every one can't walk, segways, motorized skate boards and self driving cars [ever seen the JETSONS] is how every body gets around. EYE/HAND COORDINATION does not exist and so ALL cue sports will not exist to say nothing of tennis, golf, bowling, baseball......YOU NAME IT