Anyone ever build a stand for their cue case

tashworth19191

Pool will make you humble
Silver Member
I am looking to build a small portable stand for my Instroke Case to take with me to pool halls to use to stand my sticks up while playing. Looking for ideas, has anyone else done this? And yes I know about the ones you can buy, just like to do woodworking and looking for ideas.

Ched

"Hey ... I'm back"!
Silver Member
I think all the ones I've seen for sale have been some sort of metal - a wooden one sounds intriguing. I don't have one, nor have I ever built one; just thought it was an interesting idea. I'd probably look at some of the designs and try to mimic something like that - and maybe use some velcro straps to attach it to a current case.

GoldCrown

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Maybe start out with something like this and modify.
They are available in different heights. Oxygen cart. About $20.

Attachments

• 31rx61YAxaL._SX385_.jpg
    31rx61YAxaL._SX385_.jpg
    12.4 KB · Views: 555
Last edited:

xxxbilliards

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Tripode (golf bag)

I am looking to build a small portable stand for my Instroke Case to take with me to pool halls to use to stand my sticks up while playing. Looking for ideas, has anyone else done this? And yes I know about the ones you can buy, just like to do woodworking and looking for ideas.

I used on my Instroke case 3 and 7 a tripod from a golf bag (2 legs) it has a bottom rest and on the top I had reversed the clip that would had attached to the bag. It has two adjustable straps to secure the case to tripod. As you put the case down the legs open each side and the case becomes the third leg to stand up all made of aluminum

https://www.google.ca/?gws_rd=ssl#q=golf+bag+stand

Last edited:

mvp

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have seen a modified painting easel, the two legs were Velcroed around case and the third leg pivoted out as the surport leg, vecroed all three when transporting

flyrv9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I had a case that would stand up using a bale that would pivot out and allow the case to stand on its own. The problem was it was not stable side to side. Most any bump would make it tip over. A guy in my league has a case with two legs that extend at an angle in tri-pod fashion. It's more stable but the legs are hard to see and can be a trip hazard. I like the oxygen cart idea.

Dave-Kat

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
That ^^ is pretty cool set up with shafts for feet. Auto retract or manual Velcro band to hold legs once in transit ?

-Kat,

Lesh

One Hole Thinkifier
Silver Member
I gotta admit I kinda like the solution captainjko came with there. Innovative.

But let's just take a moment here for the sake of all rational people here in this reality. Space in a pool room around the tables is purposefully tight as to maximize the number of tables in a given room. So where a person parks their butt and their gear is everyones concern, not just the person that wants to set up a pagoda and Buddhist shrine to the pool gods in the middle of the hall so their chi is centered and the planets align.

I've gone off on a similar tirade about cases with kickstands previously. But I do understand that some need to have a means to convey their equipment where they may have physical limitations that make a trip to the hall a literal pain. My sympathy.

That incredibly mature and sensitive expression made....
Keep your shambling erector set out of the thoroughfare... kindly.

Regards,

Lesh

captainjko

Kirk
Silver Member
That ^^ is pretty cool set up with shafts for feet. Auto retract or manual Velcro band to hold legs once in transit ?

-Kat,

It is a piece of flat metal bent to the shape of the case with tabs welded on for the legs to bolt on...... Bolts are tightened just tight enough to hold legs (very low deflection cues with super soft tips for gripping the floor) in any position. When it is open with cues together and in use, it takes up no more room than a person standing there holding the cues for you. I have played in many different venues with no trouble what so ever. Never bumped into or knocked over. But it does get many compliments like "Wow, that is cool". I do try to park it near a wall or column when possible. I hate the sound a cue makes when it falls to the concrete or wooden floor...... The one pictured is my old one that my son uses now. I have a 4x8 J.B. case with the same set up except I used the legs from a golf bag..... Still manual open / close. No picture of it yet...

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
Maybe start out with something like this and modify.
They are available in different heights. Oxygen cart. About $20.

Oxygen cart works well, saw someone at State with that setup. They had do some modification to cut the holders and bend them into the right shape for the case but it was otherwise the perfect height.

You can also find small luggage carts that work as well with a little modification.

Nick B

This is gonna hurt
Silver Member
I hate to be a jerk but sounds like a first world problem. Not sure the added weight and such is worth it. I've been playing 30 years and never stick my cue in the case standing up for some poor schmuck to trip over.

captainjko

Kirk
Silver Member
I hate to be a jerk but sounds like a first world problem. Not sure the added weight and such is worth it. I've been playing 30 years and never stick my cue in the case standing up for some poor schmuck to trip over.

lol.... I know what you mean... The extra 10oz of weight added to the case kill me carrying it in from the truck to inside where I am playing.... I wish I would have thought of this 30 years ago...Not only would my cues be safe from falling over in the pool room, but I would be the size of Brock Lesnar from working out with the modified super heavy case.....lol...... If someone trips over it, the case is not their problem..... Alcohol possibly......... Wow......

Ched

"Hey ... I'm back"!
Silver Member
A little something I threw together...

I really like that setup, very nice. Lesh does make a good point - always be respectful of others (and it goes for all things in life, not just pool).

A few of the places I play have plenty of room for a rig like that though.

Dave-Kat

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks Captain. Nice to put legs and tips to some good use :groucho:

Kat,

It is a piece of flat metal bent to the shape of the case with tabs welded on for the legs to bolt on...... Bolts are tightened just tight enough to hold legs (very low deflection cues with super soft tips for gripping the floor) in any position. When it is open with cues together and in use, it takes up no more room than a person standing there holding the cues for you. I have played in many different venues with no trouble what so ever. Never bumped into or knocked over. But it does get many compliments like "Wow, that is cool". I do try to park it near a wall or column when possible. I hate the sound a cue makes when it falls to the concrete or wooden floor...... The one pictured is my old one that my son uses now. I have a 4x8 J.B. case with the same set up except I used the legs from a golf bag..... Still manual open / close. No picture of it yet...

fastone371

Certifiable
Silver Member
I gotta admit I kinda like the solution captainjko came with there. Innovative.

But let's just take a moment here for the sake of all rational people here in this reality. Space in a pool room around the tables is purposefully tight as to maximize the number of tables in a given room. So where a person parks their butt and their gear is everyones concern, not just the person that wants to set up a pagoda and Buddhist shrine to the pool gods in the middle of the hall so their chi is centered and the planets align.

I've gone off on a similar tirade about cases with kickstands previously. But I do understand that some need to have a means to convey their equipment where they may have physical limitations that make a trip to the hall a literal pain. My sympathy.

That incredibly mature and sensitive expression made....
Keep your shambling erector set out of the thoroughfare... kindly.

Regards,

Lesh

i gotta agree with Lesh on this one. There are a couple guys around town with cases that have the tri-pod leg thing, not only do they take up an incredible amount of space but in a dimly lit room with bright lights over a pool table its very easy to walk into the case or cues before you see them. I would have a hard time accepting responsibility for someones cues when they left them standing in the middle of a walkway.:angry::angry::angry: