Predator Revo Shaft

OnePercent

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Just received my 12.9mm Revo shaft today, however I am not too sure what to do:

Revo.jpg

There is a blemish near the joint. To be more precise, there is a dent and a possible hairline fracture at the base of the shaft.

What do you guys think? Is this normal at all?

jeremy8000

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
For the price Predator is asking for those shafts, I wouldn't tolerate any imperfections. But even if you aren't the sort to quibble over cosmetic issues, I look at that picture like a tiny crack in a car's windshield... At some point, it's going to spread - and I would be surprised if Predator honored such under warranty.

Send it back.

OnePercent

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Besides sending it back? What else do you think you should do.

Actually I refused to take it and left it at the dealer. The dealer will contact Predator for me.

This seems rather cut and dried to me. Back she goes.

Hope Predator is going to replace it.

Let me ask a kind of obvious question - Who did you get it from?

I ordered it from a local dealer.

That shaft looks used, tons of marks at the joint.

This shaft is probably defective then, or used.

For the price Predator is asking for those shafts, I wouldn't tolerate any imperfections. But even if you aren't the sort to quibble over cosmetic issues, I look at that picture like a tiny crack in a car's windshield... At some point, it's going to spread - and I would be surprised if Predator honored such under warranty.

Send it back.

Yes I left it at the dealer for now and waiting for Predator's reply.

9ballhasbeen

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Just received my 12.9mm Revo shaft today, however I am not too sure what to do:

View attachment 459236

There is a blemish near the joint. To be more precise, there is a dent and a possible hairline fracture at the base of the shaft.

What do you guys think? Is this normal at all?

A friend of mine had a similar issue with his REVO and Predator / the dealer immediately replaced the shaft. Who did you buy it from?

I would think Predator will make it right.

gregnice37

Bar Banger, Cue Collector
Silver Member
Well I just found out that Seyberts is actually the company that takes care of Predators warranty stuff. And we all know seyberts is a great company. There is something definitely wrong with that shaft & It needs to be trashed.

Normally in the past I'd probably trash Predator for that mistake on a $500 shaft but hey stuff happens. I have 2 Revo shafts & they are simply amazing. Worth every penny & I'm a lifelong maple guy.

Celophanewrap

Call me Grace
Silver Member
If your dealer is an authorized Predator dealer I can't imagine there will be a problem.
If he's not, you (and your dealer) may have to jump through a few more hoops, but as long
as it was a new product I'm sure it will get taken care of in time.
I would think the dealer would trade it for an undamaged one and he would deal with Predator.

billiardthought

Anti-intellectualism
Silver Member
I thought these shafts would never get damaged and you never had to worry about dings and scrapes? I know we had a generous number of people touting this exact selling point of the shaft.

pfduser

GRABBER GT
Silver Member
For the kind of money Predator wants for these shafts they better be perfect. Send it back.

OnePercent

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
A friend of mine had a similar issue with his REVO and Predator / the dealer immediately replaced the shaft. Who did you buy it from?

I would think Predator will make it right.

A local dealer. Interesting that I am not alone.

Well I just found out that Seyberts is actually the company that takes care of Predators warranty stuff. And we all know seyberts is a great company. There is something definitely wrong with that shaft & It needs to be trashed.

Normally in the past I'd probably trash Predator for that mistake on a $500 shaft but hey stuff happens. I have 2 Revo shafts & they are simply amazing. Worth every penny & I'm a lifelong maple guy.

I got mine shipped directly from Predator I think. Thanks for the feedback.

If your dealer is an authorized Predator dealer I can't imagine there will be a problem.
If he's not, you (and your dealer) may have to jump through a few more hoops, but as long
as it was a new product I'm sure it will get taken care of in time.
I would think the dealer would trade it for an undamaged one and he would deal with Predator.

Yes it is an authorized dealer.

I thought these shafts would never get damaged and you never had to worry about dings and scrapes? I know we had a generous number of people touting this exact selling point of the shaft.

In this case, it arrived as shown in my photo.

For the kind of money Predator wants for these shafts they better be perfect. Send it back.

I am waiting for Predator's reply.

GoldCrown

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member

Everything can break under extreme abuse. The Titanic sunk didn't it.
I just got a second revo from Seyberts. One shaft should last a lifetime. Two...forgetaboutit.