Props to Brian at Bank Shot billiards in Louisville KY for the great tip replacements

I just want everyone to know that Brian (I think that is his name) at bank shot billiards in downtown Louisville KY recently did an excellent job on a tip replacement.

It was really great professional work he did (perfect and flush with the ferrule).

He only has a few single layered tips to choose from (water buffalo, and lepro), but if you bring your own tip in, then he will install it on your shaft, for only $5, and he will have it ready to hand back to you within 15 to 20 minutes.

He works the day shift, so if you go in before 6 pm, he can install a tip for you immediately , and hand the shaft back to you within 20 minutes.

He actually did 2 different tip jobs for me recently, and they were both perfect.

He only charges $5 for the tip install (including the tip and the labor involved ).

Anyways, I just wanted to send some business his way if possible, because I was so happy with the pro quality work he did, and the quick turn around time, and the price he charged me (only $5). He is a really cool guy too, and bank shot billiards is a really nice pool hall.

So if you ever need a tip in a hurry, go visit him. I assure you, you will not be disappointed .

Attachments

• DSCN4429.jpg
    DSCN4429.jpg
    193.5 KB · Views: 371
Last edited:
Is that Brian Roberts?

No, Brian Roberts has a shop out on Preston Highway (called Rack 66). He does excellent repair work, and he has many tips available to choose from, but he requires you to leave your shaft with him, and it might take up to a few business days before he is finished with the tip (or other repair job) until he gives you a call, to tell you that the shaft is ready for pick up.

Brian (I think his name is Brian) is the part owner of Bank Shot billiards downtown, and he is currently working the day shift (until 6 pm). If you do not mind a lepro tip, or a Water Buffalo tip replacement, or if you have your own tip to bring to him, then he can have it finished in under 20 minutes (while you wait). I went to him recently because I was really low on cash, and just really needed a tip on my cue (because the tip was practically gone, down to the ferrule), and I wanted something fast (did not want to wait 1 to 2 days for the tip replacement). I do not have an extra shaft like most players, and I do not have a car, and Preston Highway is kind of a hassle to get to on the bus. Going downtown is just so much easier for me, from the location I am living at (very close to downtown). Anyways, if you are ever needing a tip (and a single layers tip would be fine for you), and maybe only in town for a day, then you can go to Bank Shot downtown in the day time (before 6 pm), and Brian can get a tip installed on your cue, and handed right back to you within 20 minutes.

He also took out a few very small nicks in my shaft free of charge. I was just really happy with his work. I went to him twice, because I did not like the Water Buffalo tip that he installed on my shaft the 1st time. It was just too hard, and I did not want to try to get used to it, so I took it back to Bank Shot, and had him put on a lepro for me. He did an excellent job on both tips, and only charged me $5 for each tip replacement.

pfduser

GRABBER GT
Silver Member
Next time you come into any extra cash throw him a $20 Justin! Looks like he does good work and hardly charges anything. I'm sure he would appreciate it.

Next time you come into any extra cash throw him a $20 Justin! Looks like he does good work and hardly charges anything. I'm sure he would appreciate it.

Well, I am hoping that the good review would help Bank Shot out. They really need the business. They survive only on table time, and bottle beer drink sales. I do not think they get much business. Every time I visit the place, it is pretty dead. Just a very small group of regulars (old time hustlers, I think) that hang out there. It is such a cool place, with really great tables. Very friendly owners, that are down to earth. I am moving to Greensboro NC in less then a week (to try to find a place to live), and I need every dollar that I can scrounge up for my move. I am excited about Greensboro, because I think it has a pretty strong pool scene. Anyways, back to my original topic. I understand that Brian Roberts at Rack 66 probably get most (if not all) of the business in the area, because he has such a great rep. All of the players visit his shop for all of their repair needs, or wants. I have been visiting him for the last 3 years, when ever I needed a tip or replaced, or other type of shaft repair done. Just hoping to send some business to Bank Shot, because he did such an excellent job on my last 2 visits. Real Pro level work in my opinion, but he only has a few single layered tips available, and he only does tip replacements. The table rates at Bank Shot are the cheapest in the area too (only $4 per hour, per person I think). 9 foot Diamonds upstairs, and Gold Crown Brunswicks downstairs. I think they also have a 12 foot snooker table downstairs. Not sure about the size. Great pool hall though (the only real pool hall left in Louisville).

Last edited:

gregnice37

Bar Banger, Cue Collector
Silver Member
So are you liking the lepro better than the wb? I honestly never liked lepro myself but I think it's because I was learning back then & didnt have a stroke. Its gotta be over 12-15 years since i used one.

StraightPoolIU

Brent
Silver Member
Well, I am hoping that the good review would help Bank Shot out. They really need the business. They survive only on table time, and bottle beer drink sales. I do not think they get much business. Every time I visit the place, it is pretty dead. Just a very small group of regulars (old time hustlers, I think) that hang out there. It is such a cool place, with really great tables. Very friendly owners, that are down to earth. I am moving to Greensboro NC in less then a week (to try to find a place to live), and I need every dollar that I can scrounge up for my move. I am excited about Greensboro, because I think it has a pretty strong pool scene. Anyways, back to my original topic. I understand that Brian Roberts at Rack 66 probably get most (if not all) of the business in the area, because he has such a great rep. All of the players visit his shop for all of their repair needs, or wants. I have been visiting him for the last 3 years, when ever I needed a tip or replaced, or other type of shaft repair done. Just hoping to send some business to Bank Shot, because he did such an excellent job on my last 2 visits. Real Pro level work in my opinion, but he only has a few single layered tips available, and he only does tip replacements. The table rates at Bank Shot are the cheapest in the area too (only $4 per hour, per person I think). 9 foot Diamonds upstairs, and Gold Crown Brunswicks downstairs. I think they also have a 12 foot snooker table downstairs. Not sure about the size. Great pool hall though (the only real pool hall left in Louisville).

I've been there 3 or 4 times and it has been busy every time I've been there. I've always had to play down stairs because the upstairs was full. Seems like they had a lot of leagues.