New Custom Build By Ned Morris

batalarms

Ebony Hoppe Fanatic
Hi Folks,
Ned Morris has started a custom Hoppe style cue for me and here is the first pic of the forearm.Mine will be the second one down. The lighter of the two curly maple forearm woods.This is lake salvage curly maple wood that is maybe 75-100 years old.
I decided to use the wood without a dark stain, because the white,purple,blue and black veneers will show up better against the lighter wood.It will be a 4 point with 4 veneers,with black paper in between the veneers.The points and the butt sleeve will be ebony.There will be 28 Ivory inlays, 12 in the points (dot diamond dot)and 16 in the butt sleeve (dots and diamonds),along with the joint and Hoppe ring being ivory.Big pin too.Stay tuned for more progress pics of the build.Thanks for looking.
Best regards,Marc

Ned Morris Custom forearm.jpg

Last edited:

itzel0101

buyselltradecues
Gold Member
Silver Member
Ned Morris

Ned makes some sweet cues :wink: here's mine :wink:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    101.8 KB · Views: 2,549

batalarms

Ebony Hoppe Fanatic
Here are a couple new pics of my custom build from Ned Morris.He has cut the pockets in the forearm for the points.I have to call him tomorrow to confirm the veneer colors.In the second pic,you can really see the "curls" in the curly maple.Looking forward to this cue.Ned makes great players.
Marc

Forearm.jpg

Forearm1.jpg

Last edited:

batalarms

Ebony Hoppe Fanatic
Ned just got some new veneers that he will be using in the forearm of my new custom.It's going to have,from inside out,white,purple blue then black with black paper in between the white,purple and blue.Here is a pic of the veneers.The colors are very vibrant.

ned morris custom build.jpg

batalarms

Ebony Hoppe Fanatic
Here is a pic of the 4 ebony points with the veneers being glued up to them.The veneers will be,from inside out,white,purple,blue and black with black paper in between the white,purple and blue veneers.I find the build process to be very interesting,and Ned Morris is keeping me in the loop every step of the way.

veneers.jpg

Marc

Last edited:

Bavafongoul

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
What a cool way to get a cue built. It's like having your house built and dropping by the jobsite periodically to observe the progress. The purple & blue veneers are striking.....look forward to seeing more photos of your cue's progress.

Matt B.

batalarms

Ebony Hoppe Fanatic
Here is a pic of the forearm with the points turned down to the correct diameter.Sorry for the,not so great phone camera pic.I will post better pics when I get more from Ned.He is great to work with.

ned morris custom build2.jpg ned morris custom build3.jpg

Last edited:

galipeau

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Any update on your Morris cue? Just picked up one of his early cues, wondering if you had any thoughts on how they play...

skins

Likes to draw
Silver Member
That's a nice piece of stripped maple...I would NOT stain that forearm... But that's just me..

batalarms

Ebony Hoppe Fanatic
That's a nice piece of stripped maple...I would NOT stain that forearm... But that's just me..

I am keeping the forearm light to show off the curly maple forearm,and to accent the veneers.I feel the same way that you do and I am keeping it light.Thanks for the comment and have a great day.
Best regards,Marc

batalarms

Ebony Hoppe Fanatic
Any update on your Morris cue? Just picked up one of his early cues, wondering if you had any thoughts on how they play...

I haven't received my cue yet.He is close to finishing it.I can let you know how it plays in a few weeks.Enjoy your new cue.Maybe you can post a pic? Thanks and have a great evening.
Best regards,Marc

ZiggyLee

I Love This Game!!!!
Silver Member
Nice cue you have in the oven Marc.....

Sweet cue you got Ned working on, looks like it's going to be a looker. I love the curly maple forearm and your veneer colors are nice too. I have an idea on my next cue I want Ned to make. I'm going into the hospital next week for back surgery, so in time if it all works out. I'm gonna lighten the heard, and have Ned build me a new killer player. Hey Marc, Congrats on the new cue build.....:thumbup:

Chris:wink:

batalarms

Ebony Hoppe Fanatic
Thanks ZiggyLee (Chris).Good luck on your build and especially with the back surgery too.Ned's cues are awesome.
Best regards,Marc

Last edited:

batalarms

Ebony Hoppe Fanatic
Progress pics from Ned Morris.My cue has the blue and purple veneers.It will be bumperless Hoppe style.Ned has cut in the pockets for the dots and diamonds.The last pic is the slab of ivory showing the dots.Enjoy.
Marc

ned morris custom build4.jpg

ned morris custom build5.jpg

ned morris custom build6.jpg

ned morris custom build7.jpg