1990 Tourn. Program, Schedule and ticket featuring Fusco, Hopkins, Varner and Sigel

smartguy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
47   0   0
***REDUCED***Pieces are in good condition, great for collector and suitable for framing. Tournament held at West End Billiards Elizabeth N.J..9ball, 14.1 and one pocket. Program has player pictures and bio's. Price shipped $44.00. OBO

Attachments

• DSC02224.jpg
    DSC02224.jpg
    94.4 KB · Views: 1,192
  • DSC02225.jpg
    DSC02225.jpg
    90.9 KB · Views: 1,175
  • DSC02226.jpg
    DSC02226.jpg
    82.4 KB · Views: 1,177
  • DSC02227.jpg
    DSC02227.jpg
    83.4 KB · Views: 1,219
Last edited:

skierlawyer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
I was there, it was awesome. There was a tie between Mike Sigel and Allen Hopkins, and the tie breaker was a set of 10-ball that Mike won to win the event. I can't remember if it was Nick Varner or Mike Sigel, I think it was Nick Varner that had a 150 and out run during the straight pool. This is my best pool memory from my youth.

Sealegs50

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
15   0   0
I was there, it was awesome. There was a tie between Mike Sigel and Allen Hopkins, and the tie breaker was a set of 10-ball that Mike won to win the event. I can't remember if it was Nick Varner or Mike Sigel, I think it was Nick Varner that had a 150 and out run during the straight pool. This is my best pool memory from my youth.

I was there, too. Incredible series of matches. I don't remember how many of the matches I attended. IIRC, Jimmy Fusco was a late replacement for Steve Mizerak who had to drop out. I am pretty sure it was Nick who scored the 150, but I forget against who. The other stand-out game for me was a 1P match that I believe was between Nick and Jimmy. There were 1.5 hr time slots allotted for each match. 1P was best of 3. But in that match, the first game took the full hour and a half. I don't think a ball was made until the last 5 minutes. Amazing safety play and it didn't look like a balkline game. They needed to come back and finish the match later that evening. The final 1P game(s) went pretty fast.

Great memories of a great pool room. I wish I had the tapes.