Where to play in Jacksonville?

Saturated Fats

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm unfamiliar with the area and there are SO MANY places listed on goplaypool.com that I don't know where to start.

Which are the better rooms and do they all allow smoking?

juspooln

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This is the only non smoking room in town http://www.qballjacksonville.com web site under construction. Nice place, good Monday night Tourney and mon-thurs $10 2-6 all you can play. Plus they have a snooker table.

Billiard Factory on 5585 University Blvd W, Jacksonville, FL 32216
(904) 733-6880 has 2 GC V and a carom table plus a few metro's no smoking
more of a practice facility, great people opens at 10 am $ 10 all you can play

Last edited:

jaetee

rack master ;)
Silver Member
Thorsten Hohmann supposedly lives in Jax, FL.... does he ever show up in any of the Jacksonville pool halls? If so, where?

juspooln

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thorsten Hohmann supposedly lives in Jax, FL.... does he ever show up in any of the Jacksonville pool halls? If so, where?

When Thorsten is in town, he mostly plays at Billiard Factory. Occasionally he will go to Q ball at night, he doesn't care for the smoke at other places.

juspooln

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks for the link. It appears that Billiard Factory is now just a retail store rather than a place to play. Is that right?

No they have a practice center opens 10 am - 6 p.m. they have different cues and shafts to try also. If Thorsten is in town he and other pro's could be found practicing there. When Rodney was in town, that is where we went to practice. They also have a Break Rak for rent.

phil dade

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
While primarily retail, The Billiard Factory has around 5-6 tables for play. It is a great smoke free place with well maintained tables. Eric and his family own Billiard factory and Thorsen has a relationship with Eric and comes there. I highly recommend.

Unfortunately, I am unimpressed with the "Pool Rooms" in Jacksonville. With the exception of Q Ball, the others reek of stale smoke. It is unfortunate as we have a couple of great poker rooms, smoke free, but have outside areas for smoking. If you do not mind the stale smell, it seems Park Ave. in Orange Park would be the best action.