Go Back   AzBilliards.com > Main Category > 14.1 Pool
Reload this Page 14.1 League - Make-up Match Rules ?

Share Thread Tools Rate Thread
14.1 League - Make-up Match Rules ?
Old
  (#1)
stevekur1
The "COMMISH"
stevekur1 has a reputation beyond reputestevekur1 has a reputation beyond reputestevekur1 has a reputation beyond reputestevekur1 has a reputation beyond reputestevekur1 has a reputation beyond reputestevekur1 has a reputation beyond reputestevekur1 has a reputation beyond reputestevekur1 has a reputation beyond reputestevekur1 has a reputation beyond reputestevekur1 has a reputation beyond reputestevekur1 has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 4700

14.1 League - Make-up Match Rules ? - 01-10-2018, 12:01 PM

Hey Guys,

I've had an ongoing delima on how to handle Make-Up Matches for my 14.1 League Seasons.

Currently i ask all players to get their matches played within a week of their cancelation or to play matches in advance if that works better, but as the season progresses the matches just keep stacking up. In the end i do keep track of who the person was that cancelled so if need be i will dish out the forfeit, but that can lead to foul play come the end with a player not wanting to spoil his/her own record or to lesson the chances of the opponent.

one of my league players suggested that the person that cancelled would get a 10 % or point adjustment in their handicap for that match, that also could lead to foul play.

What do you all think of possible rules i could put into play to solve this ongoing problem ?

Thanks In Advance
-Steve

PETE TONKIN CUSTOM CUES

Bayshore Billiards 14.1 League ~ Facebook Page ----> https://www.facebook.com/Bayshorebilliardsstraightpool

High Runs:
2009 - In Game - 80
2008 - Practice - 119
2011 - Highest on Video - 50

50 ball evaluation by Blackjack David Sapolis -->https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UiBfKo85z4g

Old
  (#2)
Kevin Lindstrom
AzB Silver Member
Kevin Lindstrom has a reputation beyond reputeKevin Lindstrom has a reputation beyond reputeKevin Lindstrom has a reputation beyond reputeKevin Lindstrom has a reputation beyond reputeKevin Lindstrom has a reputation beyond reputeKevin Lindstrom has a reputation beyond reputeKevin Lindstrom has a reputation beyond reputeKevin Lindstrom has a reputation beyond reputeKevin Lindstrom has a reputation beyond reputeKevin Lindstrom has a reputation beyond reputeKevin Lindstrom has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 6237

01-10-2018, 12:35 PM

Get all entry monies up front like we do in our league. That way if your guys lag behind or even quit midseason they can't screw up the prize fund. It is a problems for some players but once you explain why they are easier to accept it.

We had the same problems in our league too. It is the only solution we have come up with. If players are serious about the game and your league they will have no problems with this approach. If a player balks at your reasoning you probably don't want them in the league. This has been my view. It is never easy pleasing all of the people all of the time.

Kevin

SCREW IT LETS RIDE

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: