Corey still in snooker championship

bob c

In the Eye of the Storm
Silver Member
Tom Kollins?

I haven't seen him in many years, but is that Tom Kollins refereeing?

Mark Griffin

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I am REALLY glad Corey decided to play in the snooker.

This will be a boost in snooker and in Corey!!

Congrats in playing so well and I hope you take it down.

Mark Griffin

stevelomako

Love you all!
Silver Member
Whoevers basement that was it, was nice of them to let them play snooker there.

Good job Corey.

LOL

StraightPoolIU

Brent
Silver Member
Congrats to Corey. I watched quite a bit of it and Corey had some nice pots and some good safety play, but if you have watched any of the world snooker matches with the top 16 pros you know it's a "long way to the top if you wanna rock 'n roll" for any snooker player in the US. However, that's not really what it's about. I just think it's cool to see the game played on US soil and it's cool that someone like Corey is interested in the game. I played my very first frame of snooker ever last week and this has inspired me to play more.

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
I'm delighted that Corey is the US Snooker Champion.

..but I hope he still calls them 'games' instead of 'frames'....
Remember your roots, Corey

Underclocked

.........Whut?.........
Silver Member
Have to admit I was cheering Corey on all the way and am glad to see him win it. I seriously doubt his win will do much for the game of snooker in this country though.

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
Have to admit I was cheering Corey on all the way and am glad to see him win it. I seriously doubt his win will do much for the game of snooker in this country though.

I think you should consider playing in it next year.
We'd go nuts if an AZ guy won it....and you got a chance.

regards
pt

Underclocked

.........Whut?.........
Silver Member
I considered going this year but that's quite an outing for two old "had beens" from the hills of Missouri (my friend Calvin spoke of going as well). I'm half blind nowadays anyway.

I did get a charge out of it this evening though when Calvin called me up (he was watching the stream at another friend's house) and said, "these guys aren't worth a damn, we should have gone." :D

Age 62 is not the time to start wearing long sleeve shirts, vests, and a BOW TIE so that was a big factor as well. That would violate my religion. Mabye next year if they relax the dress code. :D

Jaden

"no buds chill"
Silver Member
Yeah I was planning on playing in it too, until I found out it wasn't going to be in Cali this year... I almost went and played anyways... oh well...

Congrats Corey, win those WORLDS!!!!!

JADEN