Corey still in snooker championship

CBuck

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Since nobody has brought it up I will update everyone. Corey made it through the group stage to make the final 16 single elimination. Due to him barely getting through he had to play #2 seed Ahmed Aly El-Sayed who is a 3x U.S. snooker champ & he upset him 3 to 2. He is now through to the quarterfinals which just started.

Celtic

AZB's own 8-ball jihadist
Silver Member
No offense, but lets be honest, winning the US Snooker Championships is kinda like winning the South African Curling Championships...

The Renfro

Outsville.com
Silver Member
No offense, but lets be honest, winning the US Snooker Championships is kinda like winning the South African Curling Championships...

To be totally honest I would think the winner of either would be able to offer you a huge spot in the other even if they had never played it.... The game can be discounted but to discount the fabric that a true champion of made of is sheer folly.......

Corey picked up Snooker 7 weeks ago..... Put that in your perspective pipe and smoke it....

Chris

Shannon.spronk

Anybody read this?
Silver Member
I don't care how if he picked it up 20 years ago it is an impressive feat. That is not a game for the faint of heart.

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
Does anyone know his highest break? If it's over 50 I'm impressed :thumbup:

Corey ran a 70 on the East Coast recently......
.....so go ahead, be impressed.
I wouldn't be surprised if he ran a century.

C'mon, Corey!

RBC

Deceased
Corey ran a 70 on the East Coast recently......
.....so go ahead, be impressed.
I wouldn't be surprised if he ran a century.

C'mon, Corey!

Corey's talent goes far beyond what most people see.

He truly is a champion, and is capable of competing at the highest level in any pool and billiards game.

Keep it up Corey!

Royce Bunnell, proud sponsor

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Yay, Corey! I would love him to win the whole shebang!

Corey has the uncanny ability to not only adjust to new equipment quickly, but he conquers it.

What a great feel-good pool thread to wake up to this morning! :cool:

The American governmental body for pool, BCA, turns a blind eye to professional American players. Corey is moving in the right direction getting in snooker. American professional pool certainly isn't a good environment for professional players with talent like Corey. GOOD FOR HIM! :)

Oh, and I don't know if it's ever been mentioned previously, but the ladies go nuts over Corey. They find him delicious. Corey is eye candy.

Attachments

• Corey Deuel.JPG
    Corey Deuel.JPG
    21.1 KB · Views: 727

Cornerman

Cue Author...Sometimes
Gold Member
Silver Member
Does anyone know his highest break? If it's over 50 I'm impressed :thumbup:

I think this whee people have an odd impression of snooker. I have a 50 break on 12' snooker table that is tighter than any the few snooker tables ive played on in England and Germany.

And I am not an A-player and ive played less than ten frames of UK snooker on a 12' and less than 40 hours of American snooker on 10' tables.

If I'm the example of an above average pool player but not anything else then with enough time on a snooker table, (like a 2-4 weeks of snooker instead of their pool practice) I have to believe B/B+ players are going to hit 50. Even if by complete luck. I hit 50 on the first day of actually playing a frame.

Freddie <~~~ snooker is still extremely challenging

naji

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Since nobody has brought it up I will update everyone. Corey made it through the group stage to make the final 16 single elimination. Due to him barely getting through he had to play #2 seed Ahmed Aly El-Sayed who is a 3x U.S. snooker champ & he upset him 3 to 2. He is now through to the quarterfinals which just started.

Corey is probably the best ball makers in the whole tournament, i have watch most of top US snooker players play last year none really impressed me or made high break (higher than 32) when i was watching; i turned the stream off. I think all top pool pro players have chance at the "US" snooker.

CBuck

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Corey is probably the best ball makers in the whole tournament, i have watch most of top US snooker players play last year none really impressed me or made high break (higher than 32) when i was watching; i turned the stream off. I think all top pool pro players have chance at the "US" snooker.

I agree with you, from what I have watched the quality of play is not very good. There looked to be only a couple of solid players but even they were not consistent.

Fatboy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I think this whee people have an odd impression of snooker. I have a 50 break on 12' snooker table that is tighter than any the few snooker tables ive played on in England and Germany.

And I am not an A-player and ive played less than ten frames of UK snooker on a 12' and less than 40 hours of American snooker on 10' tables.

If I'm the example of an above average pool player but not anything else then with enough time on a snooker table, (like a 2-4 weeks of snooker instead of their pool practice) I have to believe B/B+ players are going to hit 50. Even if by complete luck. I hit 50 on the first day of actually playing a frame.

Freddie <~~~ snooker is still extremely challenging

the reality is American's know almost 0 about snooker, i though I knew something about it, until i came to Europe in 06-then i realized i knew 5%. if you just watch it on youtube you know 5%. it just not possible to understand and learn it with out the proper tables, cloth, cues, balls, the old B-Wick snooker boxes are a different thing all together.

12 hours ago at a great club north on Munich, wow what a room. i was playing on a proper English snooker table a steel block cushion Riley with Strachen cloth, and regular pool balls-lop we played 9 ball-the balls hopped when they hit the cushions cause they are too big. still fun game. And I can tell you this no B player is going to knock in a 50 break the first week on those tables. its going to take a bit of time. Can a B player knock in a 50, maybe, a B+ sure after a couple months. the 2 1/16" balls are tough action coming from pool. now the american snooker balls at 2 1/8" are much easier to adjust to, the 1/16" is HUGE-dont sound like much but it really is.

Last edited: