BCA does a great job... handing out awards

pro9dg

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Well it's good to see that the BCA is handing out awards again !

"Ron Blatt of Blatt Billiards Honored with 2013 BCA President's Award"
Cograts to Ron, he deserves it. :clapping:

Below is what the BCA has done for Professional Pool in the last ten years

No I didn't didn't forget to write anything, just couldn't think of anything besides
the awards they are so good at giving out. :thumbup:

If you can think of anything please feel free to fill in the blank, and good luck !!!

PS, If I were to give the BCA an award it would be a 2"x 3" piece of marble
with a gold colored figurine surely resembling the hind quarter of a horse. :angry:

Yes it's me again raining on your parade. The BCA are contributing to Pro Pool Players as we speak. They are picking up the tab for The US Mosconi Cup players to appear at the BCA Summit Trade Show in Louisville later this month. John Schmidt, Brandon Shuff, Justin B and Justin H will be on the two booths that the BCA have donated to their cause. So will Mark, Don and Motivation Mentor Amir.
So when will you be posing for the trophy.

Bambu

Dave Manasseri
Silver Member
Ron is a nice guy, he does try. But Blatt table mechanics are just plain bad. Awful even.....simply incapable of assembling a normal tournament style table.

Kid Dynomite

Dennis (Michael) Wilson
Silver Member
I must say that the BCA has done a lot more HARM then good over the last 10 years!!!

I could be more specific and drag them through the mud but their short comings have been beat to death on here already and a search on AZBIlliards will bring up a ton of dirt for anyone inclined to investigate.

Based on Doug's post A.K.A. Pro9dg they are turning over a new leaf and trying to step up. I hope they continue to make a mends for the past mistakes. I would like to see them start to acquire some equipment! Namely, tables, Balls & Lights so promotors do not have such HIGH expenses for table leasing. 10k for a promotor to use a couple tables for one week is a big nut for the door/gate to crack. I would love to see signs saying "tables supplied by the BCA" or "tables curtesy of the BCA"

The tables get stored and shipped via trailer all over. Diamond does this now but it cost them a lot. Thats why CSI went invitational according to their podcast.

KD

spartan

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Well it's good to see that the BCA is handing out awards again !

"Ron Blatt of Blatt Billiards Honored with 2013 BCA President's Award"
Cograts to Ron, he deserves it. :clapping:

Below is what the BCA has done for Professional Pool in the last ten years.

No I didn't didn't forget to write anything, just couldn't think of anything besides
the awards they are so good at giving out. :thumbup:

If you can think of anything please feel free to fill in the blank, and good luck !!!

PS, If I were to give the BCA an award it would be a 2"x 3" piece of marble
with a gold colored figurine surely resembling the hind quarter of a horse. :angry:

LOLOLOL
That cracked me up
was waiting for image graphic to appear in that blank space but nothing appeared
:D:D:D

Mark Griffin

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
This needs to corrected!!!.
One of the reasons CSI eliminated the large pro field events was the cost of shipping the tables. It is NOT the cost of using the tables,

The major expense is from the costs of shipping (driver. fuel and other related expenses) plus the truck and trailer rental if necessary.

What this means is that the idea of the BCA buying tables and 'shipping' them all over for various promoters is terribly flawed. It will never work.

I may not agree with what the BCA has done - but this is one that isn't theirs.

Mark Griffin

They mentioned the cost of tables several times on last podcast plus player behavior.

I would like to see them start to acquire some equipment! Namely, tables, Balls & Lights so promotors do not have such HIGH expenses for table leasing. 10k for a promotor to use a couple tables for one week is a big nut for the door/gate to crack. I would love to see signs saying "tables supplied by the BCA" or "tables curtesy of the BCA"

The tables get stored and shipped via trailer all over. Diamond does this now but it cost them a lot. Thats why CSI went invitational according to their podcast.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

Kid Dynomite

Dennis (Michael) Wilson
Silver Member
This needs to corrected!!!.
One of the reasons CSI eliminated the large pro field events was the cost of shipping the tables. It is NOT the cost of using the tables,

The major expense is from the costs of shipping (driver. fuel and other related expenses) plus the truck and trailer rental if necessary.

What this means is that the idea of the BCA buying tables and 'shipping' them all over for various promoters is terribly flawed. It will never work.

I may not agree with what the BCA has done - but this is one that isn't theirs.

Mark Griffin

Thank you for clarifying!!! Just thought anything they could do to help keep cost down would help the sport. I did not know the cost of tables ONLY covered labor and gas.

I thought a day of set up, a day of take down, a day of travel there and a day back = roughly 4 work days with a week down time in-between.

Do you have ideas of other measures they could take to help the sport and Pro Players since table expense is a mute point???

Thanks for your time and efforts Mark!!!

Sincerely,
Mike Wilson
Kid Dynomite

CallShotCowboy

AZB Rose Gold
Gold Member
Silver Member
So, it's always easy to beat up the BCA for everything...after all they are the 800lb gorilla. The fact is, they get the majority of their funding from the BCA trade show. So, when the economy is doing well and there's extra money from a good expo, they can support such initiatives as hosting pro events. When times are bad, like we're going through now, they have to tighten their belt, just like anyone else. However, they do support play.

Few facts about their recent support of the game...They own, manage and fund the Professional Billiard Instructors Association. This includes the cost to staff the program and to create and manage www.playbetterbilliards.com and an adword campaign to get those interested in a professional lesson to select a PBIA instructor from the playbetterbilliards website.

They are hosting the 2014 Billiard Education Foundation 9-Ball Championships on the floor of their expo this year in Louisville. From what I hear, they're covering all the costs of hosting the event besides the catering for the main celebration - which is being paid for by attendees purchasing tickets. Maybe ask Samm Diep or Shari Stauch how supportive of the event they've been???

They continue to manage the process for player selection for world championship events. It's a tedious effort since all the events are held in countries with major language, travel and other barriers, but they continue to try and attract the best US players to play in those events. (Isn't it a good thing they didn't turn that over to the ABP or the Charlie Williams tour???)

They helped fund the four players sent to the World Games last year. They also host the annual BCA Hall of Fame event. They work with the Billiard Media Association to host the event at a great location. I haven't attended the event, but from what I hear, it's a class event that honors past players in a really cool way. They did the event last year in Las Vegas before the Mosconi Cup began.

They produced a rules app and are donating all proceeds to player travel - part of how they paid for players to attend the World Games.

So, I'm sure they could always do more, but not bad for a few staff members and a board of directors trying to promote the game. As times get better, let's see if they do more to support the game like their efforts this year to keep the juniors event alive.

But, back to the original intent of the post, congrats to Ron Blatt. I haven't met him, but I've been in his old location in New York. Unbelievable. Well deserved.

Last edited:

CallShotCowboy

AZB Rose Gold
Gold Member
Silver Member
2700+ posts and that's the best response you have? Come on, fire up the keyboard and slam the BCA so more. Trash Mark Wilson some more for his total commitment to helping create a team to compete at the Mosconi Cup. Fire away hiding behind that keyboard. With that many posts, you're a pro...I see you've earned a silver prize!

Last edited:

Banks

Banned
Why should they do anything? Isn't that what the Dragon player group was for? Didn't know this was a hand-out game. Maybe I'm looking at it all wrong.. it's just a monetary handicap that league players are giving up.

The Renfro

Outsville.com
Silver Member
Why should they do anything? Isn't that what the Dragon player group was for? Didn't know this was a hand-out game. Maybe I'm looking at it all wrong.. it's just a monetary handicap that league players are giving up.

Sorry Banks but the BCA is the North American representative to the WPA... As such they have an obligation to promote professional pool and on that front they do a very piss poor job... Most other representing bodies are at least out there trying... Europe and Asia which includes the middle east will be the only places world championship events will ever be held with the BCA as our representative body... They have been pretty content just paying themselves from the tradeshow so as long as they are not put to task by players nationwide I don't see them doing much extra...

I do applaud their efforts on bringing the Mosconi Cup to Louisville as well as hosting the juniors..... I just look at their history and the history of professional pool and you can see the point where decisions were made to be a trade organization and they have acted as that more than anything else for well more than 10 years.....

Chris

The Renfro

Outsville.com
Silver Member
And I applaud them paying for the US World Cup team to travel... But don't forget we had no team maybe 2 years ago and the BCA went on record saying no Americans wanted to go to which a bunch of the professional players responded with a big "BS... Who did you ask?" I think they kind of forgot because it just wasn't important.....

Kid Dynomite

Dennis (Michael) Wilson
Silver Member
With the bca sending players to international events and helping with expense like the world games!

How does a player like Shaun Wilkey earn the spot? The selection process is way too cloak and dagger. No one knows what's going on and what the BCA is doing? They need to address their PR campaign.

Kd

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk