Lomax 60" BEM / Ziricote merry widow.

Kimmo H.

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Lomax BEM / Ziricote merry widow.

I decided to bite the bullet and go for a custom made cue to meet the specs I was looking for a cue nearly a year ago. I was looking at several builders and companies before finally settling down on mr. Steve Lomax as the man up for the task :eek: I contacted him, presented my ideas and asked for an appraisal of costs. We agreed on pricing and shipping, build time etc. and then made a comprehensive list of all the specifications that I was looking for. To keep things short I'll list a short version here; BEM forearm / buttsleeve, ziricote handle, simple rings, 2 shafts. There was some more detailed specifications as far as shaft tapers go but that was the baseline of it.
The build was on and the waiting began. I was a little impatient after the first few months and asked for some progress pics to see how things were going with the cue. The cue was nearly completed by then and a few weeks later I got word from Steve that the cue was ready to ship. I paid the rest of the cue and USPS took the cue in their loving, careful hands [/sarcasm]...
USPS... Their international shipping has presented some issues before but I thought that I would get lucky with the more expensive express shipping. I kept tabs on the status of the package and at first things were going smoothly. It was sent out from the US to Switzerland as usual but then things got a little out of hand. The package returned to Philadelphia, was then sent to Germany and finally Helsinki, Finland. I was excited to see the package reach my own country at last but the next day USPS tracking shows that the package was sent out and then delivered in Switzerland :angry: I began to search for the package and finally I got word from the finnish customs, they had my package with them waiting for me to pay taxes on it. The tracking number was different from that wich I had but the sender was Lomax so it had to be the right package anyway. What a relief that was, the cue was still on its way and presumably safe. Turns out there was something a little off with USPS tracking and that the shipping label had been swapped out somewhere along the way. I paid the taxes for the package and a few days later I received the cue.
The cue was packed carefully in two protective tubes. The outer one was all beat up but thanks to the extensive protective packaging the cue itself was unharmed :smile:

This is what I got.

kydAhM8.jpg

YMNpFkB.jpg

4A8HBbL.jpg

r05VtTn.jpg

cjvF7lj.jpg

Last edited:

j2pac

Marital Slow Learner.
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Very cool cue. A dandy for sure. :)

michael4

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
love that simple wrapless design, something I would be asking for as well. :clapping::clapping: