Hugo Patino awesome shot at Expo

ProfessorQBall

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Professor-Q-Ball Promotions held a special exhibition at the SBE featuring a team competition in 3-cushion billiards. The turnout to watch the match was great with standing room only, fans were three to four people deep.

The players for the event were Shane Van Boening and Mike Dechaine, both well known pool players and Mazin Shooni and Hugo Patino, both previous National 3-Cushion Champions. The pairing for the event was Dechaine and Shooni against Van Boening and Patino.

The format was Scotch doubles (alternating shots) in a race to 30 pts. The match was close with neither team having a clear advantage in the early part of the match. The score seesawed back and forth until tied at 20pts all. Then Dechaine and Shooni started to pull away winning the match with a final score of 30-23.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L4lF4rJr0gk&feature=youtu.be
CHECK OUT THIS AWESOME SHOT BY HUGO

Attachments

• HUGO-Awesome-Shot 1.jpg
    HUGO-Awesome-Shot 1.jpg
    32.3 KB · Views: 289
Last edited:

3kushn

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Maybe that's a specialty shot he has or simply a coincidence. While I was knocking them around he walked by looking at the shot I was facing. It was similar. He says just hit #2 5 rails to ball 1 on the short rail. The CB came in for a perfect rail first hit then caromed to ball 2 laying on the long rail.

One of the best shots I ever made! How he saw that laying perfect I don't know.

philly

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Played Hugo in the 3 cushion challenge at the Expo. Very nice guy. I lost 3-0.