Who WANTS to be on the Mosconi Cup?

The safety game will be WON by the person who can make the BIG shots. After or during safety battles big shots come up and way too often the return safety is 10 times harder then the shot! You got to MAKE the big shots!!! At this level, every one can run a "COSMO". But, who can spear a ball length of the table for the win or bank one in from the back rail???

The team i suggested could beat the entire EUROPE team in round robin banks!!!

none are favored against Earl, Justin Hall, Brumback, Skyler or SVB???

Please name ANY europe player you PREFER over any one on my proposed squad playing "Bank Pool"???

KD

What is "bank pool"? :confused:

Johnnyt

Burn all jump cues
Silver Member
I still haven't seen a list of 5 U.S players that are favorites to beat an all Europe team, and bet some cash on them. The MC is a joke to show up America. Johnnyt

bfdlad

T-Wheels
Silver Member
Funny, I've never seen anyone fold up like a lawn chair more than Earl.

Whats also funny is you have never seen anyone win more US Opens either. You also have never seen anyone else runs racks to win a million Dollars and how many world title?? I know Earl has his demons but please don't take away the accopmplishments. That's not fair.

ScottyDzntKnow

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Whats also funny is you have never seen anyone win more US Opens either. You also have never seen anyone else runs racks to win a million Dollars and how many world title?? I know Earl has his demons but please don't take away the accopmplishments. That's not fair.

Only people with no idea make statements such as that. You have to play this game in order to appreciate what it takes to accomplish what he's done. This site is becoming full of people that degrade the game with their opinion simply because they're clueless.

Mole Eye

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Looking at the point rankings, I was surprised not to see Mike Dechaine's name. Has he not played in the points tournaments? If that's the case, I'd really be surprised.

pro9dg

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Only people with no idea make statements such as that. You have to play this game in order to appreciate what it takes to accomplish what he's done. This site is becoming full of people that degrade the game with their opinion simply because they're clueless.

What a good post. Short and sweet and oh so accurate.

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
One of my goals in Pool is to one day be the Captain of the American Mosconi Cup team. I've spent years of my life backing and coaching pool players in pro tournaments. I've had lots of experience in motivating them to excel and I think I know how to get the best out of my players. I'd like the chance to someday do that in the Mosconi Cup. We will see.

Last edited:

SJDinPHX

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
One of my goals in Pool is to one day be the Captain of the American Mosconi Cup team. I've spent years of my life backing and coaching pool players in pro tournaments. I've had lots of experience in motivating them to excel and I think I know how to get the best out of my players. I'd like the chance to some day do that in the Mosconi Cup. We will see.

Its amazing you haven't already had the job ! There have been several, far less qualified than you ! ..You could be our best hope to regain the cup ! :thumbup:

PS..Enjoyed both your books, Jay..I had heard many of your 'stories' through the grapevine, and it was great to have some truth and clarity put to them !..;)

AtLarge

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Looking at the point rankings, I was surprised not to see Mike Dechaine's name. Has he not played in the points tournaments? If that's the case, I'd really be surprised.

Dechaine played in the DCC 9-Ball event, but was knocked out in the 4th round and received no Mosconi Cup points for that. He did not play in the 3 US Bar Table Championships. He finished 4th at the SBE and earned 13 points.

He is in a tie for 11th place currently:

T11. Mike Dechaine -- 13 points
T11. Joshua Roberts -- 13
T11. Alex Olinger -- 13
14. Brandon Shuff -- 12
15. Rodney Morris -- 10
16. Johnny Archer -- 9

SJDinPHX

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
One of my goals in Pool is to one day be the Captain of the American Mosconi Cup team. I've spent years of my life backing and coaching pool players in pro tournaments. I've had lots of experience in motivating them to excel and I think I know how to get the best out of my players. I'd like the chance to someday do that in the Mosconi Cup. We will see.

Jay, heres a "pool war story" you may enjoy ! >> http://www.onepocket.org/forum/showpost.php?p=151827&postcount=1

PS..Slightly off topic..meant to quote post #30. :sorry:

Last edited: