Best All Around Player=Robocop

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
Inquiring minds, would LOVE to know, which players game, Dennis has the most respect for. Someone mentioned him saying Shane, Bergman laughed about that claim....

Believe it or not, Dennis is very humble and shows respect for all his fellow competitors. He knows that on a given day there are many guys who can beat him. When I asked him that question, he told me a story about a local player who won a match from him in a small tournament. He said the guy raised his arms in victory and ran around the room celebrating. I asked Dennis if that bothered him and he said, "No, I thought it was funny." That's Dennis. :wink:

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
Thanks Jay. It's nice hearing about what a player is like as a person. Sounds like a good dude.

Thanks Easy. I spend time with Dennis on a social level, and he is unfailingly polite and considerate of other people wherever we go. He is truly a gentle man. We like to go to a nearby Filipino restaurant where they are always excited when the great champion comes in. He remains the same soft spoken man and just smiles at the accolades he gets from his countrymen. I have never once since him brag or boast about all the titles he has won. You would have to pry it out of him to get him to talk about himself. You can see why I have so much respect for him.

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
My mailman knows of him and turned his truck off to talk about him to me when he heard Dennis was within miles.

True story
Thanks Easy. I spend time with Dennis on a social level, and he is unfailingly polite and considerate of other people wherever we go. He is truly a gentle man. We like to go to a nearby Filipino restaurant where they are always excited when the great champion comes in. He remains the same soft spoken man and just smiles at the accolades he gets from his countrymen. I have never once since him brag or boast about all the titles he has won. You would have to pry it out of him to get him to talk about himself. You can see why I have so much respect for him.

gxman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
https://youtu.be/I2SXXbRd0I8?t=1847

here is dennis himself saying shane is the best all round player, also for the cash

He is just spouting out names. Notice he said Shaw too. There's at least 10 americans alone that would rob Shaw playing 1p.

He also didn't even care to mention himself.

As far as 1p, Dennis would run over anyone alex included.

9b/10b, there's 5-8 players that are too close to call. Shane's been beat bad before gambling with the taiwan/chinese players.

Those mentioning the Shane/dennis 10b match from around 3yrs ago, Dennis' break is much improved since. Well enough to beat Ko, exhibition or not(believe it only ended being for 2500).

Last edited:

Pangit

Banned
Nicknamed the “Robocop” for his nerves of steel at crunch time, Orcollo is not just a successful professional player but also a decorated national athlete.

Calling a pool player an athlete is a stretch....a real long one.

marek

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Calling a pool player an athlete is a stretch....a real long one.

Some players take their job VERY seriously. Believe it or not they work HARD on their fitness level as it gives them an edge both physically and mentally during competition. For example would you say that Semih Saygıner (top 3-cushion player) is NOT an athlete???:confused::eek: Some players are real athletes in every meaning of that word...

Attachments

• semih.jpg
    semih.jpg
    115.6 KB · Views: 286

Pangit

Banned
Some players take their job VERY seriously. Believe it or not they work HARD on their fitness level as it gives them an edge both physically and mentally during competition. For example would you say that Semih Saygıner (top 3-cushion player) is NOT an athlete???:confused::eek: Some players are real athletes in every meaning of that word...

Do you have that poster on your bedroom wall?

one stroke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

He's a athlete that plays pool

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Too funny, semih's pics.

Heis either gonna get wasted all day or work out. It would be nice to have all that free time and still be a bad ass mofo.

marek

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Do you have that poster on your bedroom wall?

No I dont, he is not my cup of tea so to speak :D On the other hand Jen Barretta... :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: btw she is fitness instructor in her day job if i am not mistaken ;)

Attachments

• jenbar.jpg
    jenbar.jpg
    46.9 KB · Views: 240

marek

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Yes I know many players without good fitness and yes, you can play great pool without good fitness level for certain period of time. I said clearly "some players" when I talked about good fitness, it is really about their dedication to the sport, it makes for more complete player. Remember Mika Immonen winning US Open after losing his 2nd round match on winners side? He had to win 13 matches I think to become a champion, he wouldnt be able to do that without great fitness level which he got by working out, running and doing yoga.

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
I had to post this pic of Dennis vacuuming my house. He literally did the carpet in the entire house (2,000 sq. ft.) TWICE! It was amazing all the dust that came up from that floor. He had to empty the vacuum (a very powerful one) four times! And to think I've been breathing that crap for months now.

Now he's vacuuming my patio and deck outside. What a guy!

Attachments

• IMG_0919.JPG
    IMG_0919.JPG
    114.9 KB · Views: 472

gxman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Pro-pool must be in really bad shape when a champion has to do house maid work on his time off.

Johnny Rosato

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Best All Around Player =
Full splice, 4 pt.ebony into maple, big pin, full ivory joint. Pro taper, 12.5mm shaft with Westinghouse micarta ferrule topped off with an old Chandivert Champion tip. Of course this is just my opinion! lol

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Shit, jay. At least all those larticles had settled. Now dennis has disturbed them, you are really gonna be breathin them..

12-4 and the breaks is the only way to recover.
I had to post this pic of Dennis vacuuming my house. He literally did the carpet in the entire house (2,000 sq. ft.) TWICE! It was amazing all the dust that came up from that floor. He had to empty the vacuum (a very powerful one) four times! And to think I've been breathing that crap for months now.

Now he's vacuuming my patio and deck outside. What a guy!