Reload this Page It has been brought to my attention
Page 1 of 4 1 23 Last »

Share Thread Tools Rate Thread
It has been brought to my attention
Old
  (#1)
TomHay
Best Tips For Less
TomHay has a reputation beyond reputeTomHay has a reputation beyond reputeTomHay has a reputation beyond reputeTomHay has a reputation beyond reputeTomHay has a reputation beyond reputeTomHay has a reputation beyond reputeTomHay has a reputation beyond reputeTomHay has a reputation beyond reputeTomHay has a reputation beyond reputeTomHay has a reputation beyond reputeTomHay has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

Exclamation It has been brought to my attention - 01-12-2018, 08:04 AM

It has been brought to my attention by email and notes put in Paypal notes that a very small group of people have been bad mouthing both my name and product, UltraSkin Layered Cue Tips.

I hate to find myself sinking to their level but feel if they have something to say let us bring it here as they tried to before in a post you might or might not remember.

My Health is very good, unlike they would lead you to believe

I started my venture on AZB and this is where they should be posting or stop.

I thank the people who contacted me on this and hope we will do business for years to come.

I thank the many that have made this a great 7 years for me.:

I am sorry for any disruption this may cause, I just don't get the problem they write of and since it is my name out there I feel like they should stop the bad mouthing as it is not the hit or play of the Tip they have a problem with.

My very best, sorry,
Tom

The Price you need, the proven quality your customer deserves
Tom Hay
Email - Tcue@aol.com
Playing Cue - Custom 1999 RT 8 Point
Web Site - Layered Pool Cue Tips

UltraSkinLayered Layered Cue Tips AZ Member
Discounted Prices All USA States click banner below
and SIGN UP NOW for your discounts

Layered Cue Tips Video

Last edited by TomHay; 01-13-2018 at 06:26 AM. Reason: To Clarify

Old
  (#2)
garczar
AzB Silver Member
garczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond repute

Thumbs up 01-12-2018, 08:08 AM

Your product(s) and customer service have always been first-rate in my book. Tom, you could hand-out gold bars and some people would still b^*@h.

Old
  (#3)
GoldCrown
Be Creative...play 1P
GoldCrown has a reputation beyond reputeGoldCrown has a reputation beyond reputeGoldCrown has a reputation beyond reputeGoldCrown has a reputation beyond reputeGoldCrown has a reputation beyond reputeGoldCrown has a reputation beyond reputeGoldCrown has a reputation beyond reputeGoldCrown has a reputation beyond reputeGoldCrown has a reputation beyond reputeGoldCrown has a reputation beyond reputeGoldCrown has a reputation beyond repute

01-12-2018, 08:17 AM

Your tips are excellent and a bargin. You are a first class person / vendor. Disregard any negative posts. Some people will look for problems until they find one. If they can’t find one they will create one. Sorry about your health. Do the best you can.

Player: Schon H4L w/ REVO
Case:JB 4/8 Hybrid
Favorite Game...Pocket a Piece
Instructional source: "One Pocket...A Game of Controlled Aggression" by Tom Wirth. This book is a players best friend.
And I need more cues like a snail needs airbrakes

Last edited by GoldCrown; 01-12-2018 at 09:21 AM.

Old
  (#4)
jalapus logan
pool shooter
jalapus logan has a reputation beyond reputejalapus logan has a reputation beyond reputejalapus logan has a reputation beyond reputejalapus logan has a reputation beyond reputejalapus logan has a reputation beyond reputejalapus logan has a reputation beyond reputejalapus logan has a reputation beyond reputejalapus logan has a reputation beyond reputejalapus logan has a reputation beyond reputejalapus logan has a reputation beyond reputejalapus logan has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1300

01-12-2018, 08:23 AM

Pull a Taylor Swift and Shake it Off, LOL. In all seriousness, people spew nonsense incessantly on the web. The truth is that you have great customer service and your tips are great and the price even better. In fact, I'm currently playing with your Ultraskin medium and have been for some years now. No complaints here and only best wishes.

Cheers,

Neil

Old
  (#5)
Pangit
Banned
Pangit has a reputation beyond reputePangit has a reputation beyond reputePangit has a reputation beyond reputePangit has a reputation beyond reputePangit has a reputation beyond reputePangit has a reputation beyond reputePangit has a reputation beyond reputePangit has a reputation beyond reputePangit has a reputation beyond reputePangit has a reputation beyond reputePangit has a reputation beyond repute

01-12-2018, 08:47 AM

It's part of doing business, you can't please everyone. With that said, thin skins are easily *****ed, this should be interesting.

Old
  (#6)
Icon of Sin
Headphones Advocate!
Icon of Sin has a reputation beyond reputeIcon of Sin has a reputation beyond reputeIcon of Sin has a reputation beyond reputeIcon of Sin has a reputation beyond reputeIcon of Sin has a reputation beyond reputeIcon of Sin has a reputation beyond reputeIcon of Sin has a reputation beyond reputeIcon of Sin has a reputation beyond reputeIcon of Sin has a reputation beyond reputeIcon of Sin has a reputation beyond reputeIcon of Sin has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 15960

01-12-2018, 08:54 AM

Never used one, so I don't have an opinion on them though...

When it comes to putting a product out to the public, not everyone is gonna like it. That's just the nature of business and retail. If everyone closed up shop because a few people didn't like their product then then the retail world would not exist.

Nature of the beast. Make something public, not everyone has to like it.

FWIW, a lot of great local players have recommended your tips to me. I've just found the perfect tip for me already and am too stubborn to try something else.

-H

Disclaimer:
I'm really a sh!t pool player and you probably shouldn't listen to any advice I may give.

Old
  (#7)
dvs
AzB Silver Member
dvs has a reputation beyond reputedvs has a reputation beyond reputedvs has a reputation beyond reputedvs has a reputation beyond reputedvs has a reputation beyond reputedvs has a reputation beyond reputedvs has a reputation beyond reputedvs has a reputation beyond reputedvs has a reputation beyond reputedvs has a reputation beyond reputedvs has a reputation beyond repute

01-12-2018, 09:02 AM

188 I trader 100% Says it all!!!

I have a friend who makes kitchen cabinets, when the customer inspects it he leaves a couple knobs slightly askew and a hinge or two requiring adjustment. When the customer "discovers" these they are proud of themselves for finding a problem and their inspection stops. He makes the quick fix and moves on. Too many people just look for an issue to complain about rather than appreciate the product they receive.

Of course, some craftsman are just not up to snuff, and deserve complaints.

Wishing you the very best of health.

Regards
dave

Old
  (#8)
pool101
AzB Gold Member
pool101 has a reputation beyond reputepool101 has a reputation beyond reputepool101 has a reputation beyond reputepool101 has a reputation beyond reputepool101 has a reputation beyond reputepool101 has a reputation beyond reputepool101 has a reputation beyond reputepool101 has a reputation beyond reputepool101 has a reputation beyond reputepool101 has a reputation beyond reputepool101 has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 2900

01-12-2018, 09:10 AM

Tom, I have cut off many of the top selling tips after a few months use because they glazed over and miscued. I switched to yours and have had the same tip for 18 months or so. I have also given some to friends who really like them. The only complained I have had was from an installer about the black dust when he cut it down to size.
If you are going to stop I need a heads up so I can buy enough to last me the rest of my life. That might be tomorrow but I hope not.
Let me know before you quit.
Mark

Old
  (#9)
CuesDirectly
AzB Silver Member

CuesDirectly has a reputation beyond reputeCuesDirectly has a reputation beyond reputeCuesDirectly has a reputation beyond reputeCuesDirectly has a reputation beyond reputeCuesDirectly has a reputation beyond reputeCuesDirectly has a reputation beyond reputeCuesDirectly has a reputation beyond reputeCuesDirectly has a reputation beyond reputeCuesDirectly has a reputation beyond reputeCuesDirectly has a reputation beyond reputeCuesDirectly has a reputation beyond repute

01-12-2018, 09:17 AM

Tom has been fantastic to deal with and I have no complaints with the tips.

Old
  (#10)
JoseV
AzB Silver Member
JoseV has a reputation beyond reputeJoseV has a reputation beyond reputeJoseV has a reputation beyond reputeJoseV has a reputation beyond reputeJoseV has a reputation beyond reputeJoseV has a reputation beyond reputeJoseV has a reputation beyond reputeJoseV has a reputation beyond reputeJoseV has a reputation beyond reputeJoseV has a reputation beyond reputeJoseV has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1800
Location: New Bedford Massachusetts<-Home. Currently in Hampton Va..
 Send a message via ICQ to JoseV Send a message via MSN to JoseV Send a message via Yahoo to JoseV  
01-12-2018, 09:18 AM

Had one of you're tips and used it over a year with heavy playing no glazing issues at all , i usually have them cut down half way but only remembering scuffing it once. Anyways i just replaced the med ultra skin this past Oct with a hard ultra skin.

Those two tips have not let me down yet. Keep up the good work.

Reading my posts means you consent to my incorrect spelling and poor typing skills.

Name: Jose E. Vazquez
Playing Cue: The Enigma by Joss one of a Kind.
Full Core From Joint to Butt Plate. Forward Balanced.
92 Pieces of ivory inlaid Not counting Joint.
Break Cue: Joss Thor Hammer Black
Jump Cue: Woody
Case: Insroke 3 by 7 Saddle Series

Old
  (#11)
Banger
AzB Silver Member
Banger has a reputation beyond reputeBanger has a reputation beyond reputeBanger has a reputation beyond reputeBanger has a reputation beyond reputeBanger has a reputation beyond reputeBanger has a reputation beyond reputeBanger has a reputation beyond reputeBanger has a reputation beyond reputeBanger has a reputation beyond reputeBanger has a reputation beyond reputeBanger has a reputation beyond repute

01-12-2018, 09:19 AM

The tips and the service have been great, for me. I just ordered some more, last week. I even use UltraSkin tips on my house cues.

"It's true hard work never killed anybody, but I figure, why take the chance?" -- Ronald Reagan

Old
  (#12)
Kimmo H.
AzB Silver Member
Kimmo H. has a reputation beyond reputeKimmo H. has a reputation beyond reputeKimmo H. has a reputation beyond reputeKimmo H. has a reputation beyond reputeKimmo H. has a reputation beyond reputeKimmo H. has a reputation beyond reputeKimmo H. has a reputation beyond reputeKimmo H. has a reputation beyond reputeKimmo H. has a reputation beyond reputeKimmo H. has a reputation beyond reputeKimmo H. has a reputation beyond repute

01-12-2018, 09:25 AM

As above posters have said, no matter how well you run your business there will always be someone to complain about something.

Your tips are decent and for the price I can surely see why they are as popular as they deservably are. In all honesty I don't play with your tips personally but I still like to keep some in stock for those who want a laminated tip that doesn't break the bank. I really do appreciate the work you have put in the tips and making the best of a very competetive market. Well done you and keep it up for as long as your health allows and the business makes a profit Forget about the few individuals who bash you. If they claim that your tips are not worth the price you can tell them to come up with a better tip for the same price point themselves and that you'll buy some for yourself

Mezz
- CP13SW-MD
- Kai / Pro R

Old
  (#13)
jimmyco
jimmyco has a reputation beyond reputejimmyco has a reputation beyond reputejimmyco has a reputation beyond reputejimmyco has a reputation beyond reputejimmyco has a reputation beyond reputejimmyco has a reputation beyond reputejimmyco has a reputation beyond reputejimmyco has a reputation beyond reputejimmyco has a reputation beyond reputejimmyco has a reputation beyond reputejimmyco has a reputation beyond repute

01-12-2018, 09:29 AM

To your health, and continued success.

Player-Schon w/T.S. shaft
Breaker-N.E. O'Barque

Old
  (#14)
alstl
AzB Silver Member
alstl has a reputation beyond reputealstl has a reputation beyond reputealstl has a reputation beyond reputealstl has a reputation beyond reputealstl has a reputation beyond reputealstl has a reputation beyond reputealstl has a reputation beyond reputealstl has a reputation beyond reputealstl has a reputation beyond reputealstl has a reputation beyond reputealstl has a reputation beyond repute

01-12-2018, 10:00 AM

I've never used your tips but I've seen world class players and HOF cuemakers get mercilessly attacked and trashed on this forum so you are in good company.

Tom, great guy
Old
  (#15)
desi2960
AzB Silver Member
desi2960 has a reputation beyond reputedesi2960 has a reputation beyond reputedesi2960 has a reputation beyond reputedesi2960 has a reputation beyond reputedesi2960 has a reputation beyond reputedesi2960 has a reputation beyond reputedesi2960 has a reputation beyond reputedesi2960 has a reputation beyond reputedesi2960 has a reputation beyond reputedesi2960 has a reputation beyond reputedesi2960 has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700

Tom, great guy - 01-12-2018, 10:08 AM

Tom your tips and service have been 100 percent witb me and all people i know that use your tips.

It's too bad that there are people that have only one skill, stirring up shit.

Page 1 of 4 1 23 Last »

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: