Reload this Page Revo technology
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Share Thread Tools Rate Thread
Revo technology
Old
  (#1)
USOpenPlayer
AzB Bronze Member
USOpenPlayer has a reputation beyond reputeUSOpenPlayer has a reputation beyond reputeUSOpenPlayer has a reputation beyond reputeUSOpenPlayer has a reputation beyond reputeUSOpenPlayer has a reputation beyond reputeUSOpenPlayer has a reputation beyond reputeUSOpenPlayer has a reputation beyond reputeUSOpenPlayer has a reputation beyond reputeUSOpenPlayer has a reputation beyond reputeUSOpenPlayer has a reputation beyond reputeUSOpenPlayer has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

Revo technology - 01-12-2018, 02:25 PM

Well, new , new , another new shaft. Really? I took a 1960's black graphite shaft from a $5.00 cue , foam filled it as I did 30 years ago while being in the plastics business as a consultant ; added my joint and ferrule....played great...actually toooo great for what it was!!! Couple guys at the billiard room asked if it was a Revo, I laughed and explained that it was not a 500.00 shaft . A salesman can sell you anything if you believe it puts balls in easier...we've all done that. With time on the table you can adapt with any cue...Hoppe used the same cue for over 17 years..he knew what it would do. Marketing is expensive and technical jargen is there to impress and justify pricing as in any well oiled business venture. With newer machines products can be made consistent , cosmetically appealing and fasssst.
Experiment yourself , you will be amazed at the simplicity to make a good playing shaft.

Old
  (#2)
GoldCrown
Be Creative...play 1P
GoldCrown has a reputation beyond reputeGoldCrown has a reputation beyond reputeGoldCrown has a reputation beyond reputeGoldCrown has a reputation beyond reputeGoldCrown has a reputation beyond reputeGoldCrown has a reputation beyond reputeGoldCrown has a reputation beyond reputeGoldCrown has a reputation beyond reputeGoldCrown has a reputation beyond reputeGoldCrown has a reputation beyond reputeGoldCrown has a reputation beyond repute

01-12-2018, 02:41 PM

I play the same regardless of the shaft. I do have a 12.4 and 12.9 Revo. No regrets. It does not play better than a 314-2 or any stock shaft I have. I had a CueTec shaft take a nice scratch. I can live without the REVO but I do like playing with it.

Player: Schon H4L w/ REVO
Case:JB 4/8 Hybrid
Favorite Game...Pocket a Piece
Instructional source: "One Pocket...A Game of Controlled Aggression" by Tom Wirth. This book is a players best friend.
And I need more cues like a snail needs airbrakes

Old
  (#3)
iusedtoberich
AzB Silver Member

iusedtoberich has a reputation beyond reputeiusedtoberich has a reputation beyond reputeiusedtoberich has a reputation beyond reputeiusedtoberich has a reputation beyond reputeiusedtoberich has a reputation beyond reputeiusedtoberich has a reputation beyond reputeiusedtoberich has a reputation beyond reputeiusedtoberich has a reputation beyond reputeiusedtoberich has a reputation beyond reputeiusedtoberich has a reputation beyond reputeiusedtoberich has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1470

01-12-2018, 03:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by USOpenPlayer View Post
Well, new , new , another new shaft. Really? I took a 1960's black graphite shaft from a $5.00 cue , foam filled it as I did 30 years ago while being in the plastics business as a consultant ; added my joint and ferrule....played great...actually toooo great for what it was!!! Couple guys at the billiard room asked if it was a Revo, I laughed and explained that it was not a 500.00 shaft . A salesman can sell you anything if you believe it puts balls in easier...we've all done that. With time on the table you can adapt with any cue...Hoppe used the same cue for over 17 years..he knew what it would do. Marketing is expensive and technical jargen is there to impress and justify pricing as in any well oiled business venture. With newer machines products can be made consistent , cosmetically appealing and fasssst.
Experiment yourself , you will be amazed at the simplicity to make a good playing shaft.
I'd bet the advertising in Hoppe's day claimed you would play like him if you bought his cue

Old
  (#4)
Bob Jewett
Northern California

Bob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700

01-12-2018, 03:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iusedtoberich View Post
I'd bet the advertising in Hoppe's day claimed you would play like him if you bought his cue
Some ads seemed to say you would play like him if you smoked his brand of cigarettes.

And "More doctors smoke Camels than any other cigarette."

Name:  CropperCapture[84].jpg
Views: 643
Size:  46.4 KB

Bob Jewett
SF Billiard Academy

Old
  (#5)
Alex Kanapilly
AzB Silver Member
Alex Kanapilly has a reputation beyond reputeAlex Kanapilly has a reputation beyond reputeAlex Kanapilly has a reputation beyond reputeAlex Kanapilly has a reputation beyond reputeAlex Kanapilly has a reputation beyond reputeAlex Kanapilly has a reputation beyond reputeAlex Kanapilly has a reputation beyond reputeAlex Kanapilly has a reputation beyond reputeAlex Kanapilly has a reputation beyond reputeAlex Kanapilly has a reputation beyond reputeAlex Kanapilly has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 6300

01-12-2018, 03:44 PM

So is your beef with the cost of the shaft? Or is it that you feel it doesn't play any better than regular wood shafts or wood LD shafts? Just trying to understand what you're trying to say.

I have played with a SW for most of 15 years or more and Meuccis and McDermotts and Hueblers before that. I'm switching to a revo for one main reason, no more dings. That's it.

I've hit with several and I think they hit and feel just fine. I'm not looking forward to the tedious process of relearning how to aim but I think it will be worth it in the long run because I won't be sitting in a pool hall stewing about all the dings and dents that mysteriously appear on my wooden shafts.

Alex

Old
  (#6)
GoldCrown
Be Creative...play 1P
GoldCrown has a reputation beyond reputeGoldCrown has a reputation beyond reputeGoldCrown has a reputation beyond reputeGoldCrown has a reputation beyond reputeGoldCrown has a reputation beyond reputeGoldCrown has a reputation beyond reputeGoldCrown has a reputation beyond reputeGoldCrown has a reputation beyond reputeGoldCrown has a reputation beyond reputeGoldCrown has a reputation beyond reputeGoldCrown has a reputation beyond repute

01-12-2018, 03:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Jewett View Post
Some ads seemed to say you would play like him if you smoked his brand of cigarettes.

And "More doctors smoke Camels than any other cigarette."

Attachment 481020
Sorry to Jack .......there was nothing like a Marlboro burning in the ashtray of a GoldCrown

Player: Schon H4L w/ REVO
Case:JB 4/8 Hybrid
Favorite Game...Pocket a Piece
Instructional source: "One Pocket...A Game of Controlled Aggression" by Tom Wirth. This book is a players best friend.
And I need more cues like a snail needs airbrakes

Old
  (#7)
9Ballr
AzB Silver Member
9Ballr has a reputation beyond repute9Ballr has a reputation beyond repute9Ballr has a reputation beyond repute9Ballr has a reputation beyond repute9Ballr has a reputation beyond repute9Ballr has a reputation beyond repute9Ballr has a reputation beyond repute9Ballr has a reputation beyond repute9Ballr has a reputation beyond repute9Ballr has a reputation beyond repute9Ballr has a reputation beyond repute

01-12-2018, 07:02 PM

Quote:

Have you tried it next to a Revo playing the same shot?
Have you shot with a Revo for an extended period of time.

----------------------
Shall NOT be infringed. OK?

Old
  (#8)
Straightpool_99
I see dead balls
Straightpool_99 has a reputation beyond reputeStraightpool_99 has a reputation beyond reputeStraightpool_99 has a reputation beyond reputeStraightpool_99 has a reputation beyond reputeStraightpool_99 has a reputation beyond reputeStraightpool_99 has a reputation beyond reputeStraightpool_99 has a reputation beyond reputeStraightpool_99 has a reputation beyond reputeStraightpool_99 has a reputation beyond reputeStraightpool_99 has a reputation beyond reputeStraightpool_99 has a reputation beyond repute

01-12-2018, 07:09 PM

Quote:
Did you try taking an old ski pole made of carbon and putting a ferrule on it? Filling it with foam would probably be a good idea. You need one of the tapered downhill ones, they should be the right diameter (ish). Should be low deflection, but will hit like crap, I guess. If you use a glove anyway, might as well go all out! It would definitely be necessary in this case.

I think the biggest challenge with stuff like this is getting an acceptable hit, with secure bonds in the joint and ferrule areas without putting a lot of wood or other materials there. But then again I don't make cues, so I wouldn't know, really.

My first cue had fiber glass in it. I thought it hit well, and the shaft was white, making aiming a breeze. Sadly the deflection was high, but I really thought the hit was ok for the extremely low price. Cuetecs offerings were very poor hitting by comparison. They seem to bend in all the wrong places, if you know what I mean.

Last edited by Straightpool_99; 01-12-2018 at 07:22 PM.

Old
  (#9)
Ched
"Hey ... I'm back"!
Ched has a reputation beyond reputeChed has a reputation beyond reputeChed has a reputation beyond reputeChed has a reputation beyond reputeChed has a reputation beyond reputeChed has a reputation beyond reputeChed has a reputation beyond reputeChed has a reputation beyond reputeChed has a reputation beyond reputeChed has a reputation beyond reputeChed has a reputation beyond repute

01-12-2018, 07:36 PM

Just so much bullshit being fed to players. Think for yourselves.

Best always,
Ched

cues: too many, most are pretty decent.

Old
  (#10)
Straightpool_99
I see dead balls
Straightpool_99 has a reputation beyond reputeStraightpool_99 has a reputation beyond reputeStraightpool_99 has a reputation beyond reputeStraightpool_99 has a reputation beyond reputeStraightpool_99 has a reputation beyond reputeStraightpool_99 has a reputation beyond reputeStraightpool_99 has a reputation beyond reputeStraightpool_99 has a reputation beyond reputeStraightpool_99 has a reputation beyond reputeStraightpool_99 has a reputation beyond reputeStraightpool_99 has a reputation beyond repute

01-12-2018, 07:47 PM

I've been beaten more with old McDermotts, Hueblers and Meuccis than any other cues. BIIIIG ferrules, BIIIG diameter shafts. I should have won those matches easily, right? Wrong. It's the player not the shaft. Those all black Revo shafts look cool though. Just not 500 dollar cool, to me. They play just as well as the player holding them, unfortunately in my case, when I try them, that's not quite good enough, lol.

Old
  (#11)
BmoreMoney
AzB Silver Member
BmoreMoney has a reputation beyond reputeBmoreMoney has a reputation beyond reputeBmoreMoney has a reputation beyond reputeBmoreMoney has a reputation beyond reputeBmoreMoney has a reputation beyond reputeBmoreMoney has a reputation beyond reputeBmoreMoney has a reputation beyond reputeBmoreMoney has a reputation beyond reputeBmoreMoney has a reputation beyond reputeBmoreMoney has a reputation beyond reputeBmoreMoney has a reputation beyond repute

01-12-2018, 08:37 PM

Trust me; I it hasn't happened yet, it will Real SOON. The market will be flooded with " RIVA " Shafts that play as good as the " Revo " shafts and the hype will be over as fast as it started because the " Riva " shaft will retail for like $79.95.

PS- taking orders now....... JK!!!!!!

Old
  (#12)
trob
AzB Silver Member
trob has a reputation beyond reputetrob has a reputation beyond reputetrob has a reputation beyond reputetrob has a reputation beyond reputetrob has a reputation beyond reputetrob has a reputation beyond reputetrob has a reputation beyond reputetrob has a reputation beyond reputetrob has a reputation beyond reputetrob has a reputation beyond reputetrob has a reputation beyond repute

01-13-2018, 04:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9Ballr View Post
Have you tried it next to a Revo playing the same shot?
Have you shot with a Revo for an extended period of time.
Of course he didnít lol He just wants to give his uneducated opinion. Thatís a lot more fun

Player........... road line/ 12.9 revo shaft

Break cue.... bk3

jump cue..... Fury

Case............ jack justis, predator butterfly , original It's George

If you live with one foot in the future and one in the past you'll piss all over the present.

Old
  (#13)
Doug
AzB Silver Member
Doug has a reputation beyond reputeDoug has a reputation beyond reputeDoug has a reputation beyond reputeDoug has a reputation beyond reputeDoug has a reputation beyond reputeDoug has a reputation beyond reputeDoug has a reputation beyond reputeDoug has a reputation beyond reputeDoug has a reputation beyond reputeDoug has a reputation beyond reputeDoug has a reputation beyond repute

01-13-2018, 07:03 AM

Of course, marketing usually drives every product but new gadgets helps add interest and most importantly.....money. Perhaps with more gadgets that sell successfully will culminate in more tournaments, higher purses, and sponsorship. All reasonable people know gadgets will not change the order of champions. Nor will a layered tip, low deflection shafts, or other new products. The good thing is it keeps us amateurs hopeful of improvement even when our abilities are lacking. Best of all, no one can force us to buy them.

Old
  (#14)
qbilder
slower than snails
qbilder has a reputation beyond reputeqbilder has a reputation beyond reputeqbilder has a reputation beyond reputeqbilder has a reputation beyond reputeqbilder has a reputation beyond reputeqbilder has a reputation beyond reputeqbilder has a reputation beyond reputeqbilder has a reputation beyond reputeqbilder has a reputation beyond reputeqbilder has a reputation beyond reputeqbilder has a reputation beyond repute

01-13-2018, 09:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug View Post
Of course, marketing usually drives every product but new gadgets helps add interest and most importantly.....money. Perhaps with more gadgets that sell successfully will culminate in more tournaments, higher purses, and sponsorship. All reasonable people know gadgets will not change the order of champions. Nor will a layered tip, low deflection shafts, or other new products. The good thing is it keeps us amateurs hopeful of improvement even when our abilities are lacking. Best of all, no one can force us to buy them.
Best post of the thread ^

I don't check PM's, please email me instead: sugartreecue@gmail.com

True
Old
  (#15)
franko
AzB Silver Member
franko has a reputation beyond reputefranko has a reputation beyond reputefranko has a reputation beyond reputefranko has a reputation beyond reputefranko has a reputation beyond reputefranko has a reputation beyond reputefranko has a reputation beyond reputefranko has a reputation beyond reputefranko has a reputation beyond reputefranko has a reputation beyond reputefranko has a reputation beyond repute

True - 01-13-2018, 09:09 AM

Quote:
You are right on with " with time on the table you can adapt to any cue" . Sometimes we all get caught up with looking for lightning in a bottle.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: