Players Pure X HXTP2 Jump Break Cue

DJSTEVEZ

Professor of Human Moves
Silver Member
I recently had a private lesson with Mike Sigel. He was a little surprised that I didn't have a separate Break Cue or at least a separate Break/Jump combo cue. When I got home from from FL, I immediately set about researching Break/Jump cues.

The above named model had some very positive reviews with several people noting that it took them a lot to get past the manufacturer's reputation for putting out low, entry level cues. Same here but for a street price of $212.00, I figured it was worth a shot.

Glad I did. When I first got the cue I tried horsing around with it as a regular cue, and while it wasn't bad, I wasn't impressed. Then I tried using it as a break cue. OMG! I've never spread the balls before like I've done with this cue. Granted some of this may be attributed to the lesson with Mike, but I've never felt the sledge hammer, bone crushing hit with any other cue when I've connected with the cue ball on a break shot. Simply amazing. I don't know how this compares with other Break/Jump cues, but I'm a fan of this model cue.

If you don't already have a break cue, for $212.00, you can't go wrong with this one. I haven't yet tried out the Jump Cue portion of this cue, but I'll share in a future review.

Oh, one other thing, Mike shared with me that contrary to conventional wisdom, a break cue is suppose to be LIGHTER than your regular playing cue. This increases speed during your arm swing & delivery to the cue ball, resulting in the delivery of more force. I ordered mine in 18 ounce,

Best, -Z-

3-piece-player.jpg