Regarding the 2019 U.S. Open In Las Vegas

DrCue'sProtege

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Seems like if its going to be done it should be done right by Matchroom, full speed ahead.

So, having said that........Why not have a Women's division along side the Men's? Why not have the Women's U.S. Open Championship at the same time?

Not sure if the WPBA still has any tourney's or not anymore but I just thought I would toss this out there.

r/DCP

kkdanamatt

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
"Open" means open to everyone, man or woman.
It is no longer a "Men's Only US Open 9-Ball Championship".
In the past, several women have entered, including Karen Corr, Chezka Centeno, and Jeanette Lee.
There used to be a separate Women's Division, but I think that's a thing of the past.

RobertaAgnor

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Seems like if its going to be done it should be done right by Matchroom, full speed ahead.

So, having said that........Why not have a Women's division along side the Men's? Why not have the Women's U.S. Open Championship at the same time?

Not sure if the WPBA still has any tourney's or not anymore but I just thought I would toss this out there.

r/DCP

Several women have played in it the last several years so I would think Matchroom would keep it like that.

hang-the-9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

r/DCP

I do not know of any exclusively male events. Plenty of women only events of course, but don't think I have run across any tournament that prevents women from playing.

SBE for example, has an "Open" - nothing about men only, Seniors (again nothing about men only), Juniors, both sexes, and a "Women" event.

That is the nice thing about "Open" events, you got the cash, go play in it. Only thing that stops more women from playing in the US Open is them.