What do you think my Southwest is worth?

PhilMul

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have a really good looking Southwest, but I am not sure what it is worth in today's market. I am pretty sure that it was made by Jerry Franklin, because it has #87 stamped under the rubber bumper inside the buttcap. Here are a few pics.

Attachments

• IMG_0680.jpg
    IMG_0680.jpg
    60.8 KB · Views: 1,730
  • IMG_0681.jpg
    IMG_0681.jpg
    54.3 KB · Views: 1,725
  • IMG_0682.jpg
    IMG_0682.jpg
    78.8 KB · Views: 1,716
  • IMG_0683.jpg
    IMG_0683.jpg
    75.7 KB · Views: 1,710
  • IMG_0685.jpg
    IMG_0685.jpg
    96.6 KB · Views: 1,709

PhilMul

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
A few more pics: (I know I am a terrible photographer. Please don't tell me. It hurts my feelings.)

Attachments

• IMG_0686.jpg
    IMG_0686.jpg
    93.6 KB · Views: 1,700
  • IMG_0687.jpg
    IMG_0687.jpg
    55.7 KB · Views: 1,696
  • IMG_0688.jpg
    IMG_0688.jpg
    51.7 KB · Views: 1,702
  • IMG_0690.jpg
    IMG_0690.jpg
    75.1 KB · Views: 1,685

just kick'n

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Sorry

You deserve a spanking for next to the last photo of the blurred pin. lol
Pretty cue. Can't help with the price though. Good luck.

OTB

I DIDN'T DO IT!!!!
Silver Member
get the letter..............alot of fakes on the market.....$2500-3000, with providence..........OTB

tommygunn78

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Southwest

Actually i would say closer to 3000 i missed the ab ring above and below the wrap. Not too many franklins like that

Worminator

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
That appears to be a unique looking Franklin... agree with others, get a LOA from Laurie.

classiccues

Don't hashtag your broke friends
Silver Member
Get the second shaft made while you're at it. Just be aware that could be a 16 wk wait. With one shaft I would think a little less, 2250 or so. The shaft will cost about 300. A one shaft cue has little appeal to most people.

Joe

PhilMul

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I called Laurie and she said this cue was made in 1992. She is familiar with the cue. She looked it up in her records while we were talking. They made it for Art Bush... a friend of mine who died last year (RIP Art). I will be sending the cue to Laurie for the LOA next week. She also said that Southwests before 1993 did not have serial numbers on them.

Last edited:

PhilMul

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Get the second shaft made while you're at it. Just be aware that could be a 16 wk wait. With one shaft I would think a little less, 2250 or so. The shaft will cost about 300. A one shaft cue has little appeal to most people.

Joe
I have two shafts! I forgot to include the second shaft in the photo, sorry about that. Both shafts are mint and still have the Southwest gun oil finish on them.

PhilMul

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I just weighed my Southwest and here are the results. The butt weighs in at: 16.5 oz. and the shaft weighs: 3.75 oz.

saint1

saint1
Silver Member
I would say getting 3K would not be a problem at all, letter or no letter. Cue looks great! I know that it has been stated on here many times that they keep excellent records. I can only say in my case, I have a 1987 and mailed to S.W. She simply took the info that I gave her and put down on the letter. I then found the history of cue to be different. The LOA is just a generic form that states woods used and approx. date. If you know it is a S.W. then do you really need this? I think the LOA was 50$ + shipping and insurance both ways. So you might invest 100 bucks for a form to just file in a drawer? But to each his own.

Voodoo Daddy

One Pocket 101
I dunno but Ill give ya Fiddy for it...smirk :thumbup:

Seriously, that cue in my opinion is worth every bit of $2600 w/one shaft, 3K with 2 shafts. Id go outta my way to get #2 made for it because you cannot lose either way. LOA is a nice touch and sometimes a deal maker but sharp buyers can tell pretty quick if its a fugazzi <fake> or not. Good luck however you choose...Id keep it.

$TAKE HOR$E

champagne - campaign
Silver Member
If you know it is a S.W. then do you really need this?

Those who have a SW and have no intention on selling it, a letter is not a big importance I guess. For those who have an older one that is not marked, a letter is a deal maker. Roy Mallot in Indy bought a SW "style" cue under the impression it was authentic and it was a cheap import.