Meucci factory tour

Drawback

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Great video. After I toured the Meucci factory, Bob had me play my banjo and my fiddle out in the pool table area. He's a great guy and I enjoyed his workers, too. :smile:

lorider

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Great video. After I toured the Meucci factory, Bob had me play my banjo and my fiddle out in the pool table area. He's a great guy and I enjoyed his workers, too. :smile:

I played league there for a couple sessions. Also watched sky Woodward in there practicing one night. I might be mistaken about the other guy with him but i believe it was Shane mcminn

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
How many people work there? In video it looked like only 3-4 people. Surely there's more than that.

lorider

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
How many people work there? In video it looked like only 3-4 people. Surely there's more than that.

I have been in the back twice ......been a few years ago though. There was around 8-9 there at the time. I live out tbat way and there were always 7-8 cars parked on the side of the building and 2-3 parked in front when I passed by during working hours.

AlexandruM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Very interesting video. Thank you. A lot of question about Meucci cues have now the answers.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have been in the back twice ......been a few years ago though. There was around 8-9 there at the time. I live out tbat way and there were always 7-8 cars parked on the side of the building and 2-3 parked in front when I passed by during working hours.
Is the pool-room in front still open?

gregnice37

Bar Banger, Cue Collector
Silver Member
Pretty awesome to see. A few of my buddies got that tour last year so it's cool for me to finally see. Hopefully some of the naysayers and doubters watch this and see what really goes on there. Makes me sick seeing people talk smack about companies and really know nothing about them 1st hand.

lorider

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Is the pool-room in front still open?

He has 3 valleys....5 or 6 gold crowns .. One of the gold crowns is set up with his machine that tests shafts. its no smoking....no alcohol. he has a membership plan where you pay a nominal monthly fee to play. Dont remember the price.

He used to have several open cabinets displaying cues but took them down when he installed the tables. Guess he does not want a bunch of people in there handling all those cues when playing.

Chopdoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hopefully some of the naysayers and doubters watch this and see what really goes on there.

Interesting comment.

I am not a naysayer nor a doubter. I watched the video.

Exactly what are you hoping that people will see?

I know what I saw.

tduncan

Bet something...
Silver Member
Interesting comment.

I am not a naysayer nor a doubter. I watched the video.

Exactly what are you hoping that people will see?

I know what I saw.

I know what I saw too. I think we may be on the same page. Interesting to say the least. I know there are a lot of Meucci fans & I wanted them to see. Glad the link worked.

jokrswylde

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Things I learned from the video:

-That guy made finishing a cue look ridiculously easy. Is that really all there is to it when they stain the wood? couple seconds on the lathe, couple squirts from a repurposed dr. pepper bottle.

- the shop looks huge, like it could churn out hundreds of cues a day if they had the manpower.

- It must be really cool to have a pool hall right at the factory.

Do all companies work similar to this?

Canadian cue

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Yikes.. that was kinda scary. The health and safety in that factory is abysmal. The girl running the lathe with a long sleeve hoodie..no safety glasses on anyone. I liked Bob"s comment of getting out of the factory so he can breath, the air quality must be awesome in that place. That was depressing to say the least. I am surprised Bob let that video out.

jokrswylde

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Yikes.. that was kinda scary. The health and safety in that factory is abysmal. The girl running the lathe with a long sleeve hoodie..no safety glasses on anyone. I liked Bob"s comment of getting out of the factory so he can breath, the air quality must be awesome in that place. That was depressing to say the least. I am surprised Bob let that video out.

An OSHA agents wet dream!

Chopdoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I know what I saw too. I think we may be on the same page. Interesting to say the least. I know there are a lot of Meucci fans & I wanted them to see. Glad the link worked.

I think it is very likely we are on the same page.