IMG_1426.jpg
    204.9 KB · Views: 551
  • IMG_1427.jpg
    IMG_1427.jpg
    199.3 KB · Views: 568

$TAKE HOR$E

champagne - campaign
Silver Member
Highly doubtful, esp from the look under the bumper. Lots of cuemakers using that pin. A predate SW in that condition would be like :eek: condition. Definitely a quality cue though.

Dognit

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
100% NOT a Southwest or Kersenbrock.

Does look of decent mid tier build quality though.

Chopdoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It might be the lighting but it looks like the brass color might be wearing off the pin, as if it is plated. That might give a clue. I could be very wrong though, could be the pic.

Nice looking cue in nice condition, worth trying to figure out.

$TAKE HOR$E

champagne - campaign
Silver Member
Poss. Eddie Farris. Okla builder. Signs many in pencil=hard to see.

I bought a cue on ebay once and had no idea what it was, actually bought a case and the cue came with it. A couple years later a friend of mine saw a very faint pencil signature on the forearm.

Chopdoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I bought a cue on ebay once and had no idea what it was, actually bought a case and the cue came with it. A couple years later a friend of mine saw a very faint pencil signature on the forearm.

It pays to look very close for any markings. Including under the bumper.

$TAKE HOR$E

champagne - campaign
Silver Member
Varney comes to mind, but I don't believe he wrapped his cues.

He did, for a short while I had a veneered 4 point cue with a wrap. Come to think of it, it was unsigned.

I aint sayin it is but its similar, heres a couple more Varney cues. He used all sorts of pins I do know that.

Attachments

• varney.jpeg
    varney.jpeg
    136 KB · Views: 323
Last edited:

$TAKE HOR$E

champagne - campaign
Silver Member
I think that the hex head weight bolt will be the answer

Take it all the way out and take a pic of it, a lot of guys use them but there are a few different variations. Probably wont be a definitive answer but might narrow it down or exclude a few.

Dognit

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It strikes me as odd. I say mid tier builder..but it looks like an early learning cue.
Red pheno joint collars. But the trim rings CDE are WOOD of some sort, not red pheno. And then, topped off with a (maybe ABS) black butt cap. Lack of uniformity confuses me. Still think its a decent cue though. Bet it plays good. Purple Heart is the nuts.

Chopdoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thought Carolina Customs did a Delrin butt cap? Delrin wont hold a finish.

That's what I thought, but according to discussions in the cue maker forum that I have read, some cue makers can and do finish over Delrin.

This cue? I dunno....

Killer Miller

LM Cues
Silver Member
If someone knows any cuemaker that uses this bolt, please let me know. Of course it could’ve been replaced. looks like a Home Depot bolt to me.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    206.2 KB · Views: 70