So... how much did I miss?

Push&Pool

Professional Banger
Silver Member
It's been awhile since I've last been here. Four or five years I think. I'm back now so I wanted to say hello :) Haven't been playing all that often during this period, but I've had a handful of interesting matches. My cue still serves me well, and I mostly play in the same bar, so not much has changed. Anyway, I look forward to visiting this place more often...

RiverCity

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Lots of people changed their opinions about what their cue/case/tip preferences are. Predator came out with a carbon fiber shaft that is the subject of lots of threads. The same trolls have popped up and been re-banned a dozen or so times.

All in all, thats about it. Oh, and glue is going to save pool. :thumbup: :duck:

book collector

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Many people wondered why you left and if you were all right,
We would get reports every great once in a while, from people in neighboring towns, but that's never the same.
Anyway, it's great to have you back !

boogeyman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It's been awhile since I've last been here. Four or five years I think. I'm back now so I wanted to say hello :) Haven't been playing all that often during this period, but I've had a handful of interesting matches. My cue still serves me well, and I mostly play in the same bar, so not much has changed. Anyway, I look forward to visiting this place more often...

Didn't miss much, Push&Pool.

1) Many still think something or someone is going to "save" U.S. pool. (ain't gonna happen)
2) Many still think they will achieve the straight shot that is required to get to a pro level. (Unfortunately, they didn't learn
it at the beginning and therefore don't even know what a perfectly straight alignment looks like)
3) Many still think... and the list goes on and on.

Cuebuddy

Mini cues
Silver Member

1) Many still think something or someone is going to "save" U.S. pool. (ain't gonna happen)
2) Many still think they will achieve the straight shot that is required to get to a pro level. (Unfortunately, they didn't learn
it at the beginning and therefore don't even know what a perfectly straight alignment looks like)

Dang Bman...you just rained on our parade

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Lots of people changed their opinions about what their cue/case/tip preferences are. Predator came out with a carbon fiber shaft that is the subject of lots of threads. The same trolls have popped up and been re-banned a dozen or so times.

All in all, thats about it. Oh, and glue is going to save pool. :thumbup: :duck:
NIIICE!!:thumbup:

Z-Nole

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Here’s a news flash you missed. Pool is going to be saved by sniffing glue. Or selling it. I can’t remeber which. But it’s definitely one of the two.

Push&Pool

Professional Banger
Silver Member
Well, these are some interesting tidings :D I'm going to enjoy spending more time here.

I'd like to know, why do you think pool can't be saved?

Cornerman

Cue Author...Sometimes
Gold Member
Silver Member

Barry Behrman passed, so every year for the past few years, the USOpen has been a drama-fest. Pat Fleming had all but held the tournament on his shoulders

Royce Bunnel passed, and Shane Sinnot has taken over the operations at OB Cues.

The DigiCue by Nathan Rhoades and OB Cues was introduced. It fits on the end of your cue, and it gives immediate feedback on your stroke with high speed sensing and accelerometers. The next gen DigiCue Blue wirelessly sends data to your Smart Phone.

Efren announced his traveling retirement, so if you never saw him live in the States, it’s over.

Keith was inducted into the One Pocket.org Lifetime in Action in Pool Acton at the DCC. He promptly was in action that evening.

CSI held the US Open 10-ball and 8-ball on 7’ tables for a few years, but switched to 9’ for last years. Drama ensued, but different drama subjects

Two of the greatest pool rooms opened: Griffs in Las Vegas (Mark Griffin) and Freezer’s Ice House (Scott Frost and partner).

AZer Chris Renfro formed Outsville, which produces the Accurack racking template, Great White chalk, and Ki-Tech tips, some of the best engineered products in the history.

After AZer EIEIO (Tammy Jones) announced on AzBilliards that she was looking for Russian Magic Chalk and thought it was “like crack,” Magic Chalk is now one of the most popular chalk brands on AZB land, thanks to the US-distubutor, Chicago RJ.

The Kamui clear, which uses a clear acrylic or pc tip pad, has become quite a fad.

The US has lost the Mosconi Cup every year.

Oh, and I moved from St Pete, FL to San Diego, CA, keeping my house in Florida. I live where people vacation, either way. I play more today than I did in the five years you’ve been off the board.

Freddie <~~~ can’t remember yesterday

Last edited:

9andout

Gunnin' for a 3 pack!!
Silver Member
Barry Behrman passed, so every year for the past few years, the USOpen has been a drama-fest. Pat Fleming had all but held the tournament on his shoulders

The DigiCue by Nathan Roads and OB Cues was introduced. It fits on the end of your cue, and it gives immediate feedback on your stroke with high speed sensing and accelerometers. The next gen DigiCue Blue wirelessly sends data to your Smart Phone.

Efren announced his traveling retirement, so if you never saw him live in the States, it’s over.

Keith was inducted into the One Pocket.org Lifetime in Action in Pool Acton at the DCC. He promptly was in action that evening.

CSI held the US Open 10-ball and 8-ball on 7’ tables for a few years, but switched to 9’ for last years. Drama ensued, but different drama subjects

Two of the greatest pool rooms opened: Griffs in Las Vegas (Mark Griffin) and Freezer’s Ice House (Scott Frost and partner).

AZer Chris Renfro formed Outsville, which produces the Accurack racking template, Great White chalk, and Ki-Tech tips, some of the best engineered products in the history.

After AZer EIEIO (Tammy Jones) announced on AzBilliards that she was looking for Russian Magic Chalk and thought it was “like crack,” Magic Chalk is now one of the most popular chalk brands on AZB land, thanks to the US-distubutor, Chicago RJ.

The Kamui clear, which uses a clear acrylic or pc tip pad, has become quite a fad.

Oh, and I moved from St Pete, FL to San Diego, CA, keeping my house in Florida. I live where people vacation, either way. I play more today than I did in the five years you’ve been off the board.

Excellent summary!!!!

Cuebuddy

Mini cues
Silver Member
Sorry, Cuebuddy.
Don't mean to sound so negative.
I get that way sometimes.
:thumbup:

Its all good! I feel the negativity that surrounds our game also. I wish for better because I have raised four children who also love the game and I would like to see its popularity and class return.

As to the OP's question Cornerman nailed it.
Welcome back.

TATE

AzB Gold Mensch
Silver Member

I don't know if you knew my friend Kevin Brewer, but he passed away, a huge loss for the forum.

Runner

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

The DigiCue by Nathan Rhoades and OB Cues was introduced. It fits on the end of your cue, and it gives immediate feedback on your stroke with high speed sensing and accelerometers. The next gen DigiCue Blue wirelessly sends data to your Smart Phone.

) And I don't know if you know Ronnie Allen passed... 2013.

) There has been NO pool on TV, ...as if.

) Brush up on your cornholin' .... THAT'S the new hustle.

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member

Well, this might spoil your day, sir.....
...Chris Melling was in a trap at your favorite game....
...and at no time did he try to blast his way out..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SI_EvTSal2Q

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news

cuesblues

cue accumulator
Silver Member
The bump rule in the WFS changed
Donald Trump was elected president of the United States
The price of some cues plummeted while others skyrocketed
It's not unusual to pay $600 for a shaft
Justin B came & went
Facebook
Ivory ban