Silver Member
What does "works" mean?

pj
chgo

According to the definition,

WORK

verb

works (third person present)

1. Be engaged in the physical or mental activity in order to achieve a purpose or result, especially in one's job; do work.

2. (Of a machine or system) Operate or function, especially properly or effectively.

3. (Of a plan or method) Have a desired result of effect.

4. About hammering metal. DNA

Wow, I learned something old today. Oh, wait. I didn't! I already knew that works was proper in that usage. Thanks for wasting my time. Now my fingers hurt. :confused:

Coop1701

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
According to the definition,

WORK

verb

works (third person present)

1. Be engaged in the physical or mental activity in order to achieve a purpose or result, especially in one's job; do work.

2. (Of a machine or system) Operate or function, especially properly or effectively.

4. About hammering metal. DNA

Wow, I learned something old today. Oh, wait. I didn't! I already knew that works was proper in that usage. Thanks for wasting my time. Now my fingers hurt. :confused:

specifically this one...

Koop

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Being the helpful guy you undoubtedly are, you'd just tell us if you knew, right?

pj
chgo

Piss off you insufferable *****. Who is us? You're the only one with a comprehension problem when it comes to the word works. So far everyone else seems to understand so again, go look it up

Patrick Johnson

Fish of the Day
Silver Member
Piss off you insufferable *****. Who is us? You're the only one with a comprehension problem when it comes to the word works. So far everyone else seems to understand so again, go look it up
If I knew what it means in this context - especially if I used it - I'd be able to say what the benefit is. Sorry that's not in your skill set, but don't take it out on me.

pj
chgo

JC

Coos Cues
This (as most sentient beings know) is the relevant definition.

The question is - what is the desired effect?

Oh, don't give me the credit - you clearly don't need any help with that.

pj
chgo

What is the desired effect of an 8 ball break?

If you don't know this you should take a week off from pool.

And then quit forever.

JC

Koop

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If I knew what it means in this context - especially if I used it - I'd be able to say what the benefit is. Sorry that's not in your skill set, but don't take it out on me.

pj
chgo

God, you're such a predictable douche. Take what out? The fact that you can't even discern what we mean by "works" in the context of breaking the rack in 8 ball?
This is just you, being douchey you. Always the same.

Reactions: KRJ