Ronnie O'Sullivan Runs 14th Career 147 At 2018 China Open

Cardigan Kid

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Another masterpiece. Enjoy. https://youtu.be/yCqhdhOdS14

Thanks for the link...I must say, when I hear Ronnie does this, the anticipation I have in seeing the video is a great feeling. I know there is still pure joy and happiness in watching a cue sport performed as art, and watching a Ronnie 147 is just that.

I gotta go get a coffee and settle in and savour every second.

So, you just made my day, friend. Again, thanks for the link. :thumbup:

smashmouth

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
i think....that's was 30 000 pounds for the maximum and a pending 70 000 if it remains the unshared high break

so likely $140 000 us dollars for that one frame, and his first round loss, lol

spartan

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
i think....that's was 30 000 pounds for the maximum and a pending 70 000 if it remains the unshared high break

Too bad Ronnie now has to share with Bingham who also hit 147
The World later this month will be a cracker with a number of them hitting form.

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Who won that match?
A young (23) guy named Elliot Slessor. He was ranked 73rd. He played reasonably well in the part of the match I watched. They were both making mistakes. Well, except for Ronnie's 7 minutes.

wayne

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Actually $59,000 (35,000 pounds + 7,000 pounds (not 70,000).

marek

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Actually $59,000 (35,000 pounds + 7,000 pounds (not 70,000).

Actually half of 59k usd as Stuart Bingham ran 147 the very next day so Ronnie and Stuart split two-ways :eek: Its the second time this happened to Ronnie, about 8 years back Ronnie ran 147 at World Championships and few days later Ali Carter did the same :grin::grin::grin:

M.G.

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Boy, Stuart's breaking of the reds was a mess - all in the wrong direction. But he made it still, with a lot of calm thinking and strategy :thumbup:

cardiac kid

Super Senior Member
Silver Member
Reading it was Ronnie's 14th 147 really surprised me. Thought the number would have been much higher. What is the record for total 147's in a career and who holds it? Thanks in advance.

Lyn

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
Reading it was Ronnie's 14th 147 really surprised me. Thought the number would have been much higher. What is the record for total 147's in a career and who holds it? Thanks in advance.

Lyn

Those are 147s in match play, Lyn.
Willie Thorne must have the most 147s...over 200 possibly (lost track)...
...but only one in match play, I think.
Cliff Thorburn had 54 when he turned 54 years old.

The Rocket could've had 15 maxes in match play by now...got a little steam for this one..
https://www.google.ca/url?sa=t&rct=...=n-fn0ifqzrg&usg=AOvVaw2bL7_XBZi2weZFVbGcaPVH

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Those are 147s in match play, Lyn.
Willie Thorne must have the most 147s...over 200 possibly (lost track)...
...but only one in match play, I think.
Cliff Thorburn had 54 when he turned 54 years old.

The Rocket could've had 15 maxes in match play by now...got a little steam for this one..
https://www.google.ca/url?sa=t&rct=...=n-fn0ifqzrg&usg=AOvVaw2bL7_XBZi2weZFVbGcaPVH
Surely you're joking. Neither one of those guys could carry RO's cue-case. "200" max. breaks? Whatever. Is it still April 1st??

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
Surely you're joking. Neither one of those guys could carry RO's cue-case. "200" max. breaks? Whatever. Is it still April 1st??
---------------------------------------------------------------
The Leicester cueman became known as ‘The Maximum Man’ having, he claims, made more 147s in practice than any other player, including one with both legs in plaster! But he has only made one in tournament play, at the 1987 UK Championship.
----------------------------------------------------------------------

In 1993, Willie was credited with 146 maximums..but only one in match play.

Cliff Thorburn almost ran three in a row at a room in Toronto....on a 6x12 Gold Crown...
...147, 15 reds, missed the yellow, 147...I think he has had two in match play.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
---------------------------------------------------------------
The Leicester cueman became known as ‘The Maximum Man’ having, he claims, made more 147s in practice than any other player, including one with both legs in plaster! But he has only made one in tournament play, at the 1987 UK Championship.
----------------------------------------------------------------------

In 1993, Willie was credited with 146 maximums..but only one in match play.

Cliff Thorburn almost ran three in a row at a room in Toronto....on a 6x12 Gold Crown...
...147, 15 reds, missed the yellow, 147...I think he has had two in match play.
"Claims" and "was credited". By WHO??? Any witnesses?? If that's the evidence then hell, i ran 65 racks of ten-ball last week. Who's to deny it. Cliff could REALLY play. My friend Gerry Watson told me he pocketed balls like few others have.

Last edited:

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
"Claims" and "was credited". By WHO??? Any witnesses. ...
That's why competition performance decides the record. There are several sorts of practice records, such as various runs of 30 or more at 3 cushion and Cranfield's practice run of 768 at straight pool, but that is just a single number at a single time and easy to remember. Cumulative records like maximums in practice at snooker or my runs over 15 at straight pool are less likely to be accurate and depend a lot on practice regimen.