New pool room on Hilton Head

Brkem9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
a new room has opened on the island that has 8 9' gold crowns, 1 9' anniversary, a 10' antique Brunswick, 1 8' GC3 & a rare 7' Irving Kaye. Also has a game area for kids as well as adults. small bar with beer & wine. Called Porcella's Game On. located next to the theater on north end of island

ChrisinNC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
a new room has opened on the island that has 8 9' gold crowns, 1 9' anniversary, a 10' antique Brunswick, 1 8' GC3 & a rare 7' Irving Kaye. Also has a game area for kids as well as adults. small bar with beer & wine. Called Porcella's Game On. located next to the theater on north end of island
I question if the demographics are favorable for a poolroom to be successful on Hilton Head Island - mostly retired, older, upper class couples who play golf in the daytime, and have their cocktails and dinner out at night. This demographic just does not have much interest in playing in poolrooms.

I'm guessing they'll need to focus on trying to attract a younger adult clientele that is employed in the service industry and at the golf clubs, for them to have any hope of being successful, particularly if they don't have a substantial food operation.

Hopefully the owner not only has considerable capital to work with, but also has a passion for pool and background in pool so they can maintain a nice room and not just another bar joint with pool tables. Based on the make and models of the pool tables in the room described in the OP's post, I'm guessing that is the case. I wish them well !

Last edited:

ddg45

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hi Brkem9; thanks for the info. Thinking about moving to the Hilton Head area and they don't have a good pool venue. Hopefully this place will fill the void and stay in business. There are a lot of working class people that provide the service for all the wealthy retirees and hopefully they will flock to Porcella's. BTW...I am a retiree that used to play a lot of golf and I've given up that time-consuming, weather dependent game in order to play pool...a good decision in my mind.