Meucci has lost two pros in the past month

KAP1976

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Monday Jayson Shaw announced on Facebook that he is leaving Meucci to go with Peri Cues and LoreeJon Hasson recently flipped to Joss and was using their cue and wearing the logo at SBE. Just thought I'd pass it along since I didn't see it posted here.

dnixon

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Must be better deals for them. I'm happy for both of them and I'm sure Bob will pick up some more pros.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Monday Jayson Shaw announced on Facebook that he is leaving Meucci to go with Peri Cues and LoreeJon Hasson recently flipped to Joss and was using their cue and wearing the logo at SBE. Just thought I'd pass it along since I didn't see it posted here.
Peri cues are made by Weilu in China. Something tells me they waved cubic-dollars at Jayson. He's spending a lot more time over there playing 8b and doing appearances. Kinda surprised about LJH, she's been with Meucci for years.

Michael Andros

tiny balls, GIANT pockets
Silver Member
Whoever gives them free cues and a little $$$ is the "best cuemaker in the world." Nothing new here that's for sure.

I shoulda told Bob when I ordered my two Meuccis last year I would be MORE than happy to tell any and everyone they're the best cues I ever hit a ball with! Yessireebob! Maybe he'da flipped me a couple hundred a year and comped me for the two cues! Mannnn... hindsight IS 20-20. :yeah:

Johnny Rosato

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If Ronald McDonald made cues and paid 'em some money, most pros would use 'em and swear they're the best cues on earth. (Not all pros, but most, which is over 50%) IMO

ChrisinNC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I think the proof of that statement is how long Cuetec had both Earl and Allison playing with and endorsing their cues. Not that Cuetec's are not good cues for the money for many players, but not for the best players the world, IMO.

Last edited:

Michael Andros

Silver Member
If Ronald McDonald made cues and paid 'em some money, most pros would use 'em and swear they're the best cues on earth. (Not all pros, but most, which is over 50%) IMO

In all seriousness, I love Meuccis ( yeah, I know, I'm in the minority here ). After all, I do have three of them. And, my 73 Meucci *IS* ( hands down ) the best cue I've ever hit a ball with. I've had it for 40 years. It's a bit surprising Lori Jon would leave them but I'm sure Bob isn't going to lose a whole lot of sleep over it. There's a lot of players out there to take her place.

PhilosopherKing

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I think the proof of that statement is how long Cuetec had both Earl and Allison playing with and endorsing their cues. Not that Cuetec's are not good cues for the money for many players, but not for the best players the world, IMO.

What can anyone do with any cue you want to think of that they can't do with a Cuetec?

The playability gap between low-end production, production, and custom is closed.

Here's something I'd be willing to bet on:

If you take 100 players of varying skill-level and give them a Southwest and a Cuetec and ask which they prefer, the overwhelming majority will pick the Cuetec.

Last edited:

HawaiianEye

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
99% of the players in the world have never heard of Loree Jon Jones. They wouldn't know her from John Paul Jones.

Losing her won't make a dent in his sales. I don't think she even made a dent in improving his sales. Not in recent years anyway.

Most pros will play with whatever somebody pays them to play with and it isn't necessarily the best stuff made.

I have never owned a Meucci cue, but I have a Meucci Pro shaft that is top quality.

Last edited:

Coop1701

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Meucci is not what it was 20 or 30 years ago. They use to make some very good stuff. But there are so many companies out there now making great stuff. That good is no longer good enough.

Michael Andros

Silver Member
99% of the players in the world have never heard of Lorre Jon Jones. They wouldn't know her from John Paul Jones.

Losing her won't make a dent in his sales. I don't think she even made a dent in improving his sales. Not in recent years anyway.

Most pros will play with whatever somebody pays them to play with and it isn't necessarily the best stuff made.

I have never owned a Meucci cue, but I have a Meucci Pro shaft that is top quality.

It's the shaft on my 73 Meucci that makes it the best cue I've ever hit a ball with. No other shaft I've ever had feels as good. Period.

I agree about Lori Jon, HE. I really don't think it matters to any player what other player endorses what cue. I think it's more an ego thing for the cue maker as to what names they have listed on their web site. I have no idea what it really is that causes someone to buy any given cue, but I'm pretty sure it's not because Mika Immonen plays with it. I could be wrong, but I don't think so.

ChrisinNC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It's the shaft on my 73 Meucci that makes it the best cue I've ever hit a ball with. No other shaft I've ever had feels as good. Period.

I agree about Lori Jon, HE. I really don't think it matters to any player what other player endorses what cue. I think it's more an ego thing for the cue maker as to what names they have listed on their web site. I have no idea what it really is that causes someone to buy any given cue, but I'm pretty sure it's not because Mika Immonen plays with it. I could be wrong, but I don't think so.
You have a 45 year old Meucci with the original shaft that you are still playing with, that has not warped? I still have a Meucci I purchased around the same time period, but have long since had to replace the original shafts due to warpage, and no longer play with it.

Michael Andros

Silver Member
You have a 45 year old Meucci with the original shaft that you are still playing with, that has not warped? I still have a Meucci I purchased around the same time period, but have long since had to replace the original shafts due to warpage, and no longer play with it.

Yup... and it's kind of amazing, really. It's still straight as the proverbial arrow. All I've ever done is kept it out of the rain and not exposed it to extreme temps. And I've had it for 40 of those 45 years. I bought it from the original owner in 78. I did have it refinished @ 2 years ago and I put the leather wrap on it myself.

HawaiianEye

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have no idea what it really is that causes someone to buy any given cue, but I'm pretty sure it's not because Mika Immonen plays with it. I could be wrong, but I don't think so.

I think a ton of the lower-level APA players buy pool products based upon a pro's use of the product, but it has to be somebody that is "current" and well-known in today's pool world.

You see people on here every day asking "what cue does pro-so-and-so use?"

I have never bought a cue based upon anyone else using one. I buy cues that I like the "hit and feel" of and don't care who made it or where it was made...as long as it is good quality.

I need to get rid of some cues, but I've become attached to them over the years and they have a "sentimental" value to me. I've had one of them for 45 years and another for 33. Both have been refinished and are in 100% pristine condition.

I've been using my Becue for the last few months and I don't see me buying any more cues. The Becue hits as well, or better, than any cue I've ever shot with.

Michael Andros

Silver Member
I think a ton of the lower-level APA players buy pool products based upon a pro's use of the product, but it has to be somebody that is "current" and well-known in today's pool world.

You see people on here every day asking "what cue does pro-so-and-so use?"

I have never bought a cue based upon anyone else using one. I buy cues that I like the "hit and feel" of and don't care who made it or where it was made...as long as it is good quality.

I need to get rid of some cues, but I've become attached to them over the years and they have a "sentimental" value to me. I've had one of them for 45 years and another for 33. Both have been refinished and are in 100% pristine condition.

I've been using my Becue for the last few months and I don't see me buying any more cues. The Becue hits as well, or better, than any cue I've ever shot with.

I've read a bit on the Becue. Sounds interesting, actually.

I would be swayed to buy a cue more by someone I either know or have spoken with at some length than I would by a name on a page. But that's just me. I really have no idea what causes Joe ( or Jill ) Blow to buy a cue.

$TAKE HOR$E

champagne - campaign
Silver Member
Players have to bounce around to keep making money, no one is going to jump to another company and take less money. Their "name" is their resume, like those who job hop every two years with their resume on linkedin or whatever that is. The crazy thing is a lot of people could care less what Shaw, SVB, Earl...etc plays with, and 99% has no idea who Loree Jon is. I could ask 20 APA players in my town "do you play with a Meucci because Jayson Shaw uses one" and they would say "who is that, is he a 7 around here". Its fun to be a rep and have your name and face out there, aint none of them trying to sneak up on anyone so having free cues and your expenses paid to play pool is a no brainer.

Michael Andros

Silver Member
Players have to bounce around to keep making money, no one is going to jump to another company and take less money. Their "name" is their resume, like those who job hop every two years with their resume on linkedin or whatever that is. The crazy thing is a lot of people could care less what Shaw, SVB, Earl...etc plays with, and 99% has no idea who Loree Jon is. I could ask 20 APA players in my town "do you play with a Meucci because Jayson Shaw uses one" and they would say "who is that, is he a 7 around here". Its fun to be a rep and have your name and face out there, aint none of them trying to sneak up on anyone so having free cues and your expenses paid to play pool is a no brainer.

Yup, yup, annndddddddd yup. :yeah: