Silver Member
very sad to learn of your dads passing

may he rest in peace
condolenses to you and your family

MOJOE

Work Hard, Be Humble. jbk
Silver Member
Buda,

I'm so sorry to hear of the loss of your father. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. My deepest condolences.

pwd72s

recreational banger
Silver Member
My condolences as well...it's good you were with him. Hang on to that and other good memories. This will always hurt. But in time, it will hurt less.

$TAKE HOR$E

champagne - campaign
Silver Member
There is never a bright side to anything, but, being at the SBE he obviously enjoyed the sport and its environment and albeit a bad way to go, many aren't so lucky as to enjoy something they love one last time. Ive had that call enough times and it never gets easy. I was very close with my grandma my entire life and she passed away the day after I left for Vegas for the Mr Olympia in 2016. I absolutely do not believe everything happens for a reason, but the timing of some things is very mysterious indeed...

God bless you and your family

boradriver

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I’m glad you find humor in my dad passing away

Very sorry to hear about your fathers passing. I lost my father when I was very young to a heart attack while he was out of town. Some of the very few memories I have of my father are playing pool. My love for the game came from him.

Having had a heart attack myself this all hits home with me and you and your family have my thoughts and prayers.

JPNEWT

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I am truly sorry for the loss of your Dad. I was shooting at the time and it was absolutely amazing to think that I was caring about making an 8 ball when I could see him and the people working on him fighting for life. It really does make me slow down and think about what is really important. I hope you and your family can find peace in the coming days

RichSchultz

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
My sincere condolences. You know he passed enjoying something he truly loved. My thoughts are with you.

Shermanscs

Steve sherman
Silver Member
I am absolutely devastated for your loss. I was in the pro arena when it happened. It was amazing to see the compassion of the heroes who worked so very hard to save your dad. I am so so sorry you lost him.

Steve Sherman

lorider

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
There is never a bright side to anything, but, being at the SBE he obviously enjoyed the sport and its environment and albeit a bad way to go, many aren't so lucky as to enjoy something they love one last time. Ive had that call enough times and it never gets easy. I was very close with my grandma my entire life and she passed away the day after I left for Vegas for the Mr Olympia in 2016. I absolutely do not believe everything happens for a reason, but the timing of some things is very mysterious indeed...

God bless you and your family

You are exactly right stake horse. My mother battled cancer for about 10 years. Every time the doctors thought they eliminated it it would flare up about 6 months later. One day I got a call from my brother who still lived with her saying she was pretty bad off and asking for me but couldn't really talk.

I left 5 minutes after I got the call and took off for the 7 hour drive to her house. She passed away 5 minutes before I arrived.

She was a fighter but had just had enough I guess.

pocket

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You are exactly right stake horse. My mother battled cancer for about 10 years. Every time the doctors thought they eliminated it it would flare up about 6 months later. One day I got a call from my brother who still lived with her saying she was pretty bad off and asking for me but couldn't really talk.

I left 5 minutes after I got the call and took off for the 7 hour drive to her house. She passed away 5 minutes before I arrived.

She was a fighter but had just had enough I guess.

That is really sad. May she rest in peace.
Sorry for your loss budapest, may your father rest in peace also.

9BallKY

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
So sorry to hear of your loss. Nothing worse than losing a parent.
12 years ago me and my dad was sitting around talking about going fishing as soon as
the weather warmed up. Unfortunately he passed away a few days later of a heart
attack. I think of all the times we spent fishing that one stretch of river every time I
I go fishing there. Lots of good memories. You will have a lot of memories as well

God Bless

Cuebuddy

Mini cues
Silver Member
I don't find humor in your Dad passing away. My condolences, sincerely.

My attempt at humor misfire spectacularly. I apologize. My Dad passed about 15 years ago from a heart attack too.

Of near 15,000 posts, this one will haunt me and I own it. I apologize. I can't say it enough.

No excuses.

TX poolnut we have all said or done things that we wish we could change. Your apology was sincere and accepted.
You are one of the good guys here and I understand taking a break but I for one hope you don't stay away too long.

budapest17 God speed to your father and my best wishes sent to your family.