Dominiak Ultra Pete Review

heismii

Registered
I have been eager to try one of these cues for a while. I finally bit the bullet and ordered a Ultra Pete. I wanted a low key player for league and bar banging.

Specs:

(2) 30" 12mm shaft 3.45oz, 15 pro taper ultraskin M tip
1.20 butt diameter, 15.9oz
19.75 balance point

I wanted Will to emulate the balance and butt diameter of one of my Runde sneakies and he did a great job.

Construction:

Flawless. Workmanship is top notch. The cue arrived with a satin finish with a perfect joint connection which is nice and solid. Will installed a stainless uniloc radial which mated perfectly flush with the shafts. The shaft wood is of high quality with no sugar marks. The radial splices were well finished and I could barely discern the seams (on my OB shafts I could see the seams where they are spliced.

Playability:

Forward balanced and feels light in hand. With the long shaft and stainless radial pin, the balance was pro forward. Very stiff hitting with lots tof feedback from the wood to wood radial connection. Hits very similar to my OB sneaky with OB pro+ shaft. Deflection wise, it is LD and deflected about 1/2inch from long rail to long rail on a firm shot with two tips of side English on a 9ft no otable. The 15' pro taper allowed me to put as much juice on the rock as my OB pro and Mezz wx900. No hollow hit at all. Power draw and force follow was very easy, powerful shaft.

Overall for Iam extremely happy with the Dominaik Ultra Pete. I paid a little over $400 shipped for the cue. Get one before the prices go up.

johnnysd

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Bill makes a fantastic cue. I had one of his as my first cue when I started playing again after 20 years. It hit great, and workmanship was flawless along with it truly being very inexpensive.

Unlike yours mine was very neutral to slightly rearward balanced at around 16.5" or so, and could never get used to it.

Sold it to a friend that absolutely adores it.

Plan on getting new one from Bill that will be forward balanced at some point.

Dominiak cues are among the very very best in terms of value in the industry,

DaveInSC

Banger
Bill is shipping me my first cue Monday. I've got a Sweet 16 Curly Deluxe coming, but in birdseye instead of curly maple. Has an old man all excited, my first cue, and I have a feeling it's gonna be a beaut!

kennepool

The reviews you guys posted here helped me pull the trigger on ordering a new cue. I can't thank you guys or Bill enough. Dominiak's website could use some modernization and I wish they'd keep an updated list of cue inventory. However, I really enjoyed corresponding with Bill while I decided what to order. I've been having a blast with my the new toy. Can't say it makes me shoot any better, but the fun factor went up a few notches!

johnnysd

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Bill is shipping me my first cue Monday. I've got a Sweet 16 Curly Deluxe coming, but in birdseye instead of curly maple. Has an old man all excited, my first cue, and I have a feeling it's gonna be a beaut!

Please post pics. Did he do the laminated birseye?