OB warranty work

lvlss42190

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I've had the OB 130 for about 5 years now. Never had a problem until recently I noticed my shaft the original ob2 had a Crack running from the ferrule to about 4 inches back. I filled out the proper paperwork and sent it back to them in Plano texas. Within a week I had a return invoice stating that the shaft was indeed defective and that I was going to receive an OB2+ in return.
Fast forward 3 days and it is here. Have to change the tip back to what I like but that's a small price to pay considering I have a lathe and it could have cost me much more.

A+ for their customer service cannot speak highly enough for how they streamlined the process

ddg45

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I've had the OB 130 for about 5 years now. Never had a problem until recently I noticed my shaft the original ob2 had a Crack running from the ferrule to about 4 inches back. I filled out the proper paperwork and sent it back to them in Plano texas. Within a week I had a return invoice stating that the shaft was indeed defective and that I was going to receive an OB2+ in return.
Fast forward 3 days and it is here. Have to change the tip back to what I like but that's a small price to pay considering I have a lathe and it could have cost me much more.

A+ for their customer service cannot speak highly enough for how they streamlined the process
Good to hear about a company that stands behind their product and provides that kind of customer service. I have a recent question on this forum about this very topic, and about Joss having a less user friendly warranty than most other quality made-in-USA cues. I got some harsh comments from Joss users; some said the warranty doesn't matter, and I actually had to block one guy that got hostile and delete his comments, but this is exactly the kind of issue I was asking about. I'm glad OB took care of you.

lvlss42190

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Good to hear about a company that stands behind their product and provides that kind of customer service. I have a recent question on this forum about this very topic, and about Joss having a less user friendly warranty than most other quality made-in-USA cues. I got some harsh comments from Joss users; some said the warranty doesn't matter, and I actually had to block one guy that got hostile and delete his comments, but this is exactly the kind of issue I was asking about. I'm glad OB took care of you.

Yes I'm very happy with them. The only downside to the whole ordeal was that since I did not send the butt as well the new shaft wasn't made square to my existing joint. Which is a simple fix for me as I have a lathe to face the joint. They did offer to fix it but I figure for the 2 mins it takes me I wasn't going to send it back on a 5 day turn around for me not thinking ahead and sending the whole cue I stead of just the shaft

Once I faced the joint it was straight as an arrow together again.

Still Rate them A+. If you follow their directions on the website and prove the papers needed everything is arrows streamlined as can be.

Chopdoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Yes I'm very happy with them. The only downside to the whole ordeal was that since I did not send the butt as well the new shaft wasn't made square to my existing joint. Which is a simple fix for me as I have a lathe to face the joint. They did offer to fix it but I figure for the 2 mins it takes me I wasn't going to send it back on a 5 day turn around for me not thinking ahead and sending the whole cue I stead of just the shaft

Once I faced the joint it was straight as an arrow together again.

Still Rate them A+. If you follow their directions on the website and prove the papers needed everything is arrows streamlined as can be.

A+? Good to hear.

Luckily you have a lathe and a skill to fix it.

So the OB joint pin and/or insert is off center?

Mcues

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Sounds like a facing problem and nothing to do with insert straightness.

Mario

Johnny Rosato

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Great to hear, so that makes McDermott, Pechauer, and OB,,, that I know of. Might be more, hell if I know!